Maserati 222 SE WIP

John F

Maserati 222 SE. Bought sight-unseen off the Internet

had to fly to Belfast on Xmas eve to collect it

I weighed up the likelihood of sitting at the side of the road for hours & hours... and set off for home, relying on engine braking & handbrake.

YOU BELONG HERE

Christ on a bike. I'm seriously glad I don't own a Maserati 222 SE.

What I really need is a best mate who owns one instead, so I can share the good times yet be able to laugh and point at him from a safe distance when It all goes horribly wrong. Or horribly the same, for that matter.

No, of course I want one really. Quite badly. You've made me go all Biturbo-ey now, and I've ended up having to find the scene in License To Kill where the villain inexplicably drives one.

From the ebay thread

While you're sitting at the side of the road going nowhere, the car making all sorts of exotic and expensive noises and smells, you could admire the awesome hand crafted orgy of blue leather and velour. Later, as you're walking towards the nearest services you'd cast an eye back towards it, sitting there, hazard lights on, bleeding fluids into the gutter, steam/smoke still wafting from the grille and think 'I am the very essence of twat for spending money on this'.

And yet, I'm still very tempted by it.

Pick up your Autoshite Hero badge at reception when you come in next. A hearty welcome, and more stories please

Excellent stuff! I know very little about these cars, mainly due to the common comment that they're absolutely dreadful. Which means I naturally want to own one.

Agreed.....oh actually i already have an older, rustier 2.0 Biturbo.. :roll:

I shall watch & read with anticipation of the day i start work on mine.......or use it for spares when i purchase an MOT'd version which will turn out to be in even worse condition.

GO FOR IT