Dukes of Hazzard

garethj

1 hour ago, Bren said:

Best theme tune ever.

Tangerine Dream, proper '80s!

Also.. Automan, The Fall Guy, Hardcastle and McCormick, BJ and the Bear.. The A Team, Knightrider...... then all the films. 

Made me into a proper 'murican car nut. 

Chargers are well out of reach now, but I did manage to have an original Challenger, a big block full size pickup and a cop car..  all of them were crap, but brilliant!

On 18/10/2023 at 13:57, Split_Pin said:

Did they spot that the engine sound track for the truck which was played during the interior shots of the trailer was lifted straight from Duel?

Some footage from Duel was used in an episode of The Incredible Hulk, especially when the truck crashes at the end.

• Like 2

IMG_1584.thumb.jpeg.4161f893f5d98847266d61a21f36d60a.jpeg

I’ve got this MPC 1.25 scale kit, I think I originally bought it a number of years ago with the intention of making into a slot car, but clearly failed to understand difference in scale between this and 1:32.
Started building engine and gun rack then gave up.

Anyone want to offer me anything for it?

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.77b8bf4fd5a21fdd4f34a48417b4a0d1.jpeg

IMG_1587.thumb.jpeg.df9f90aa6777efb495c03c0ddb26d93c.jpeg

IMG_1586.thumb.jpeg.afd4864a67452fb3c815d572bcaec3cd.jpeg

The 68-70 Charger has been the star of quite a few  films and TV programmes,  off the top of my head..

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Christine (remake coming soon I believe!)

Any more?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

The 68-70 Charger has been the star of quite a few  films and TV programmes,  off the top of my head..

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Any more?

The Gladiator,198620231020_180002.thumb.jpg.a21bf6d7c1bab952414060c0351c1270.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barry Cade said:

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Any more?

That green one in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry   is lovely, my fave Charger I think!

117.webp.de85e903fb356de33e42a4388ff28423.webp

12 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Also stars in the opening credits of the Fall Guy!

Never heard of the Fall Guy so found the credits on youtube and eventually got past Heather Thomas in a bikini to see a clip from DMCL!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, inconsistant said:

I’ve got this MPC 1.25 scale kit, I think I originally bought it a number of years ago with the intention of making into a slot car, but clearly failed to understand difference in scale between this and 1:32.

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.77b8bf4fd5a21fdd4f34a48417b4a0d1.jpeg

Paging @Spottedlaurel

I built the General Lee kit and got a right bollocking from my mum for getting modelling glue on one of the dining room chairs!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Any more?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Any more?

The nic cage /amber Heard one ( can't remember name now) is it drive angry.

Never seen an episode of the Dorks of Halfords but am quite tempted to. Seen a lot of CHiPs and even though the main vehicles are bikes which I've little interest in, the background shite is spectacular. I swear most episodes featured a chase with an MG Midget with brake failure going down a hill - like a more glamourous version of Last of the Summer Wine.

43 minutes ago, MiniMort said:

Seen a lot of CHiPs and even though the main vehicles are bikes which I've little interest in, the background shite is spectacular. I swear most episodes featured a chase with an MG Midget with brake failure going down a hill - like a more glamourous version of Last of the Summer Wine.

Just look for a scene featuring a forward control Ford Econoline van. A sure sign in CHIPS that an action sequence is about to begin.

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Can't they fucking leave ANYTHING alone? 😠 

Remember watching  a "the making of" the original, way before CGi.. the scene where the car is smashed up in Darnells was filmed and played backwards so the car "repairs" itself. Cool to watch!

10 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Remember watching  a "the making of" the original, way before CGi.. the scene where the car is smashed up in Darnells was filmed and played backwards so the car "repairs" itself. Cool to watch!

I remember reading about that years ago - they made a rubber mould of the car, sucked the air out of it with a giant vacuum cleaner to make it crumple up, then played the film backwards.  Very clever idea.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, inconsistant said:

Oh, go on then - PM on its way.....

I built one before, starting off with the AMT Joker's Goon Car/GCPD Cruiser issue of the same kit:

AMT 1:25 Dodge Monaco

6 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

6 hours ago, Pieman said:

I remember reading about that years ago - they made a rubber mould of the car, sucked the air out of it with a giant vacuum cleaner to make it crumple up, then played the film backwards.  Very clever idea.

I’ll have to look that up. I was a massive Christine fan when I was a kid and always wondered how they did some of the scenes. I spotted the Cortina when I got it on DVD. Seem to remember if you click through it frame by frame you can see it’s also on a trolley, but my memory isn’t what it once was so that could be complete bollocks. 

• Like 2

In the original Christine, she was 20 years old - so a remake would use 2003 cars. Maybe she'll be an evil Prius or something. I can't see there being enough 57-58 Plymouths left to destroy (hopefully)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, warren t claim said:

Just look for a scene featuring a forward control Ford Econoline van. A sure sign in CHIPS that an action sequence is about to begin.

I actually saw an MGB towing a (very small) speedboat today. Was waiting for the generic disco track to kick in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bunglebus said:

In the original Christine, she was 20 years old - so a remake would use 2003 cars. Maybe she'll be an evil Prius or something. I can't see there being enough 57-58 Plymouths left to destroy (hopefully)

Also she was a 4dr in the book.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Also she was a 4dr in the book.

Think that was an error on Stephen King's part, he mentions opening a rear door or something. Mind you there were no red 58 Furys either so I'll put it down to artistic licence. He certainly picked the right car though, very evil looking and not very well known until the film came out

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2023 at 17:40, Barry Cade said:

Dukes of Hazard

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 

Bullitt

Vanishing point remake

Deathproof

Fast and furi*out..  

Any more?

Blade. 

so-blades-car-in-the-movies-is-the-same-as-ghost-riders-v0-ootf9oc0xh7a1.jpg.5cf82669ba3fced183834e4682265c21.jpg