Collection 2 of 2 :)

Flat4

Stupidly early start on yet another Saturday morning but at least this time I know I'm definitely driving home in a car! Unlike the lemon I looked at last week....

No breakfast photos coz I was running out the door after being told to leave early but it consisted of a Fulfil protein bar and an overpriced bottle of Sprite Zero. And aspirin.

First mode of transport for today was the Saab 9-5 Aero, which, after initially failing to see the point of, @big_al_granvia now says he can see it staying on the fleet for a while longer 😆 It is staying until the Fozzie is MOT'd this month and I have another back up tow car but at 15-20ish average mpg, I'm not so sure how much longer "a while" will actually be...

It's gonna be a long day but a good one :)

Today's budgie :) I believe it's an Airbus A320, if anyone is into that kinda thing.

20220604_063927.thumb.jpg.faf15186da38413a84de7536bf7cfb86.jpg

I'm really not seeing the point of airlines telling you to be at the airport 2 hours early but then not telling you the gate until 15 minutes before boarding closes....Granted, Glasgow Airport is the busiest I've ever seen it after nearly a year of flying to London every 2 weeks for work but I was sat doing nothing for 45 minutes and fighting for a seat in departures, after I'd cleared security. It looked more like a shopping centre this morning with the amount of people and there were queues in the food courts but if I'd known what gate I needed then I could have gone straight there and had access to more seating, etc.

Anyway, doors are closed, phone needs to go on to flight mode, see you in an hour :)

36 minutes ago, Out Run said:

Frog face Corolla, with an interior that makes me feel like hanging myself, just from the pic.

Mega!

(What's the zany sticker, above the Pioneer? one say?) - zoomed in. I see it...

Says “Warning! Driver in control of music. Passengers to keep their Cake holes shut” from memory.

bought it when my sister in law (who was 13 at the time) kept moaning at me to put Crapital on the radio

Filled up the tank - cost £50 for 30 litres thanks to @St.Jude leaving half a tank in it already :)

No pez shot coz the battery in my phone, which is shite anyway, has now died with using Google maps, location, 4G etc and guess what else the Corolla doesn't have - a 12v socket! So I've bought a mains charger from a Tesco I stumbled across and am now plugged in to a services that I also stumbled across, until I can get enough juice in my phone battery again to get back on to the M6. Then I can navigate by signs and can turn everything off.

Apart from that, enjoying the wee Corolla much more than I thought I would!

6 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Chod achieved! Now on the hunt for a drive through car wash or cheap hand wash place :)

20220604_090606.thumb.jpg.475c901a3f6017942281b7716432ba29.jpg

20220604_090622.thumb.jpg.662037e8dfd8ca6dda9dc7b1fd060352.jpg

More Hand car wash places round here than bloody Garages!!!! u were about 3 miles from me... LOL

26 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

More Hand car wash places round here than bloody Garages!!!! u were about 3 miles from me... LOL

Oh mate, let me tell you something. The hand car wash opposite the laser quest charged me £10 to wash my Lane Cruiser.

Where my Corolla was in Birmingham, I drove it up to one at the top of the road and the cheeky prick wanted £10 to do it. 

2 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Apart from that, enjoying the wee Corolla much more than I thought I would!

Everyone who has seen that car and thought “it’s a bit shit” and who’s driven it after come away being impressed with it. 

Enjoy it! And when/if the time comes for it to move on I would quite like to have first refusal.

Yes, it’s been 6 hours and I’m already missing the damn thing!!