Norwegian tat (cars for sale in Norway)

Dyslexic Viking

44 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Thanks for sharing this found it interesting. And will assume that the Norwegian authorities were not so happy about this but luckily you were not caught. It's an interesting story.

The car was sold for spares to a mate there, I rather enjoyed the notoriety for a while, people asking who owned the red Jaguar on UK plates that misbehaving on the roads. Not my usual style, admittedly, but I was rebelling against the huge taxes and expensive beer ;)

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Then I understand why you have been on finn.no. But it's a shame you never got to buy any of these. And with the PV544 van these I'm used to us calling these Duett but maybe it's different in the UK? And if you are going to Norway in the future and may need some help then just ask I will be happy to help if I can.

The Duett was never sold in the UK, so I also know them by that name but had forgotten it! Thank you for the offer of help, a bit of a plan is forming! Where in Norway are you?

48 minutes ago, Saabnut said:

The Duett was never sold in the UK, so I also know them by that name but had forgotten it! Thank you for the offer of help, a bit of a plan is forming! Where in Norway are you?

I live near the village Dølemo about 70 km north east of Kristiansand. Is it especially the Volvo Duett you are looking for or are there more cars you are considering? Duett prices have risen a lot in recent years so a good one can cost a bit unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Can't think of anything less suitable to tow this than a 0.9 Uno. This is perfect.

I didn't even know there was a 0.9 Uno. Was it available in UK?

I have this inbuilt prejudice about towbar equipped cars being off-limits. I think it dates from the Olden Days when stuff like this would try to pull caravans with 45bhp and would soon be utterly spent as a result. 

Nowadays it's hard to buy anything with less than 100bhp and anyone who tows usually has something up to the job. Exceptions apply, and are funnier with photos...

I myself made an exception to my self-imposed 'no-tow'  rule by buying @djoptix's Saab, which is pictured here carrying eight tonnes of raw uranium to Chernobyl Reactor No.3.

IMG_20211128_095107.jpg.9cd1364a189ffd99357a451bc89870db (1).jpg

7 minutes ago, grogee said:

I have this inbuilt prejudice about towbar equipped cars being off-limits. I think it dates from the Olden Days when stuff like this would try to pull caravans with 45bhp and would soon be utterly spent as a result. 

Nowadays it's hard to buy anything with less than 100bhp and anyone who tows usually has something up to the job. Exceptions apply, and are funnier with photos...

I myself made an exception to my self-imposed 'no-tow'  rule by buying @djoptix's Saab, which is pictured here carrying eight tonnes of raw uranium to Chernobyl Reactor No.3.

I also do not know if 0.9 Uno exists but was this he said it was.

I remember my father had an early 80s Transit long version diesel with around 60-70 horsepower, this fully loaded and with a heavily loaded trailer was certainly an experience in the mountains in Norway.

1 hour ago, grogee said:

It's actually just parked next to a trailer, that Saab has never had a towbar. My last one did but I never got round to fitting one on GN53.

1 hour ago, grogee said:

The Uno was available with  the 903cc pushrod engine from the Fiat 127 

1 hour ago, grogee said:

0.9. My first car was a mark one Uno. FIRE engine. Mine was a 45 (hp) and the engine size was 999cc. So I reckon that's where @AnnoyingPentium is getting 0.9 from.

10 hours ago, sierraman said:

I ended up on Wikitravel ‘Norway’ last night till the small hours, apparently haggling is a big no-no there? 

Ohhhh no, it’s definitely a thing. You’ll get all of the offers of half what you’re asking and «last price?»

But the upside is, that’s quite often the end of it. Introverted Norwegians hate haggling in person, so you get lowballed first and then they come looking at the car. From there they either buy it or leave it altogether. 

22 minutes ago, Matty said:

0.9. My first car was a mark one Uno. FIRE engine. Mine was a 45 (hp) and the engine size was 999cc. So I reckon that's where @AnnoyingPentium is getting 0.9 from.

Aye that's the one! Oops, sorry about that! :)

I must be getting mixed up with his Sandero Stepway which is a 0.9 turbo. Haha.

52 minutes ago, grogee said:

Well either way it's just not cricket to be towing a caravan with that. 

But also well done, there's no law against it. 

Plus it was the 80s, time moved slower - at least according to yon tall fella from Top Gear. So with that so-called logic, you could say everything else did. Including a 45hp Uno with an ABI Monza stuck to the back 😂

7 hours ago, Matty said:

The Uno was also available with the 903cc pushrod from the 127 in ultra mingebag spec.

Aye, I reckon it was maybe the 1.0 as he did speak of head gaskets going and that seems very Fiat FIRE engine-esque to me.

Regardless, I've derailed this thread enough (apologies Dyslexic Viking), back to the Norwegian Tat. :)

Is slow with new old cars for sale as they are in winter storage and people are in hibernation now. But some new ones are coming.

1985 Pontiac Perisienne 196.000km 1 owner since 1995 5800 punds

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=239706191

I posted this in the ebay thread a while back and it is still for sale.

1975 Simca 1100 GLS 142.000 km needs some minor repairs but is in good condition according to seller 2800 punds

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

build quality is interesting

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=246357575

Oh hey I was gonna post some photos of cars I spotted when I went to Norway back in 2016. 

Sadly I can't find too many photos. I swear I took more but sadly I only have three:

IMG_1299.thumb.JPG.3c1318a3b79b7ad0b8e0f21d9a4dd415.JPG

A Hillman Husky - I remember being so perplexed to see a British car abroad and thinking it was something else at the time.

IMG_1458.thumb.JPG.e705f3503ec2ef69128245310d5d6e25.JPG

This strange Unimog Camervan. Shortly after taking this pic the owner came out and yelled at me in German.

P1050794.thumb.JPG.ddb40f7fcfd0e5ebcf707ffa8e27cc6d.JPG

And whatever the hell this is. Answers on a postcard, please.

Shame I can't find the rest, but as a consolation, have a photo of an abandonned Lada I found in  the Finnish countryside.P1070306.thumb.JPG.abfae07d3a655d0cd618d318cce5d0f9.JPG

Too bad you did not find the rest but thank you for sharing these. Is quite common for Germans and other Europeans to travel here on holiday in Unimog and the like as some believe that we are a remote wilderness with polar bears roaming the streets. Remember that someone met some Germans? in northern Sweden a few years back that had brought with them 200+ liters of diesel due to this.

And I feel like saving the Lada it deserves better.

Do you like to have awful vacations? Do you like to block other traffic and create long queues? Do you like rot and water damage? If the answer is yes to these then you have your dream vehicle here.

1979 Mercedes Hymer 2,4 diesel 2900 punds

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

Galleribilde

https://www.finn.no/car/mobilehome/ad.html?finnkode=248159456