Jump to content

attn scotoshite crew, kames car show


Recommended Posts

chaps and chapesses, who is up for a show of our finest chod, never mind the polished, detailed to perfection stuff, lets show shite.... bumf from facey below

Register your CAR CLUB for Kames Car Show 2021
Here at Kames Car Show, we have received over 20 entries from car clubs all over Scotland reserving their space at this years event on Sunday 8th August.
If your CAR CLUB wants to attend our event, a representative from the club must get in touch by messaging us the following details . . .
✅ The Car Club Name
✅ Expected Car Numbers
✅ Representative Contact Telephone Number
We will also be running a “Best Club Stand” award sponsored by the guys at ADB MOT LTD, in Irvine. https://adbirvinemot.com
🚗 Car Clubs must arrive together on show date, we recommend you meet away from furnace road to save congestion on entry to the show. This will make it easier for our Parking Marshall’s to help direct you to the stand location within the track.
£5 Per Car includes Driver
Passengers are £5 each unless under 16 ( they come FREE )
Sunday 8th August
Kames Motorsport Complex, Muirkirk
10.00am till 4.00pm
*subject to government guidance and tier level announced in June 2021.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

I was about to ask where it was, but you've answered for me.

Convoy down? Which car would the show-goers prefer though? E36 or Saab 9000?

Happy to convoy, as long as we go over the hills to Perth not the dull A90.  Will try to take the Cortina so it might take a while.  And definitely the Saab.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, big_al_granvia said:
£5 Per Car includes Driver
Passengers are £5 each unless under 16 ( they come FREE )

 

Excuse me?  They can FRO with that.  

I simply don't believe that charging your exhibitors is sustainable, because without exhibitors, what show have you got?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to visit Kames for the RSOC day (Capri Club attended along with many Fords not necessarily RS), it’s not far for me. Track fun was always a good watch. I’ll hopefully make it along but I’ve no car to enter for exhibition at the moment.

The road to Muirkirk from Strathaven is a good run if anyone’s aiming to alter routes there / home. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, davidfowler2000 said:

Chumly charges the exhibitors...

And how long is it since I've been there?  It's also as far as I was prepared to go for a one-day event, before my brain surgery.  I'm not able to do that kind of return trip in a day any more, I would have to book an overnight stay at the far end for the nights before and after the event.  MrsR won't go anywhere in Huggy any more so I'd be on my own (and so would she, importantly), and we're assuming Huggy would play!

 

Circumstances change, young man, and with them, one's whole life.

 

Anyway, it isn't all about me.  I hope whoever does go, has a lovely day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Happy to convoy, as long as we go over the hills to Perth not the dull A90.  Will try to take the Cortina so it might take a while.  And definitely the Saab.  

image.thumb.png.a6305e4f84084a53ce4375f5bf039fac.png

 

Easy*!

I'd be tempted to find accommodation...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 7:52 PM, Supernaut said:

image.thumb.png.a6305e4f84084a53ce4375f5bf039fac.png

 

Easy*!

I'd be tempted to find accommodation...

 

On 4/6/2021 at 8:23 PM, cort1977 said:

I don't think that's the place. It's Muirkirk, near Cumnock.

This. And it's not Kaimes near Edinburgh either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think that is the right place either. 
I can’t remember where it is but I’ve been a couple of times years ago.

Website says: 

Kames

The Kames track is situated just off the A70 in Muirkirk, East Ayrshire. It is 13 miles west of junction 12 on the M74 and 10 miles east of Cumnock, 9 miles west of Strathaven. 

Kames Motorsport Complex
Furnace Road
Muirkirk
KA18 3QQ

 

 

F6A1743A-42BC-4F9A-B479-B4ABBFAF6108.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the one! Uses to do sprints and autotests here back in the day. It's a tight little track but good fun. 

22 minutes ago, Cheezey said:

I don’t think that is the right place either. 
I can’t remember where it is but I’ve been a couple of times years ago.

Website says: 

Kames

The Kames track is situated just off the A70 in Muirkirk, East Ayrshire. It is 13 miles west of junction 12 on the M74 and 10 miles east of Cumnock, 9 miles west of Strathaven. 

Kames Motorsport Complex
Furnace Road
Muirkirk
KA18 3QQ

 

 

F6A1743A-42BC-4F9A-B479-B4ABBFAF6108.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s in the arse end of no where but it is a good show . I’ve been a few times but could never be bothered to show a car .

There’s  a fantastic back road from newmilns that takes you there . I had some great runs up there in the z4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cort16 said:

It’s in the arse end of no where but it is a good show . I’ve been a few times but could never be bothered to show a car .

There’s  a fantastic back road from newmilns that takes you there . I had some great runs up there in the z4.

The road down from Strathaven is good too, as is the road across from the M74. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...