attn scotoshite crew, kames car show

big_al_granvia

I think I'll be on Arran then but will check dates. Many many years ago, I used to drive the Muirkirk road when I needed to get out of Glasgow for a bit.

If the roads are bad I might bring the Audi.

Fiver a car is as cheap as it gets, some shows were as much as £20. It would be a great way to all meet up again.

• 3 months later...

I might pop up to this if I can dodge the monsoons. If anyone else is planning to go I dont think it can be reached via the M74 as the A70 is closed at Glenbuck. Double check.

I plan to go in the Kitten but it will be in the public car park not in the show.

Driftland do 'themes' to get folks in. I've been a few times to a Vauxhall event but I got a bit bored of 10 Astras lined up and watching e36/46s skidding around a track. I'm not sure if the retro cars will be drifting or parked up in the oval.  If its the former that would be brilliant.

I'd love to go to the banger racing at the oval there though.

Balfron will likely be a mix of both indoors and out. There's meant to be stalls there too selling bus books and models which will be bad news for my wallet. I'm really going there to see the visiting preserved Midland buses.

My mate used to carry a full petrol can in his Bug for this exact reason. His had a calibrated 99p sticker on the gauge glass for the actual empty position. 🤣

I seem to remember the gauge was reasonably accurate - as far as old British cars go. MGB I do it by the trip counter - 200miles and I'll fill up, despite what the gauge is claiming. I don't think the 1100 has a trip counter unfortunately?

2 hours ago, Gerrymcd said:

SNAP. I broke doon on the way home. My fault though. Would you believe an A-Series won't run just on thin air? 😬. Home now, soaked through, went for a shower and came out dryer than I went in. 

Bawbag:

IMG-20210808-WA0001.thumb.jpg.988935ebaf1838d05b90816f6e81bfa2.jpg

Parked close to a lovely panda 1000 with moon discs.20210808_123617.thumb.jpg.b59978b52bd2a44150d0723e0f94fff6.jpg

Here is some fap material for @dome.

20210808_134122.jpg

20210808_134213.jpg

I passed you on the 77 and didnae realise it was a shiter or that you had broken down! I was in a coach though so I expect I'd have been of limited use!

I've been to Kames just once, with a uni friend, as a spectator at a sprint in spring 1992 in my Fiat 126. It was fab, as were the roads to it - we'd not realised the junction we needed coming south from Glasgow on the M74 (or was it the A74(M)? ) was closed so pootled down to the next one and cross-countryed across the moors at the best a 126 could do.  The use of fences rather than drystane dykes and an utter lack of oncoming traffic allowed the use of the full width of the road.

Uni pal saw his first ever Davrian there, he was smitten!

On 4/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, Cheezey said:

I don’t think that is the right place either. 
I can’t remember where it is but I’ve been a couple of times years ago.

Website says: 

Kames

The Kames track is situated just off the A70 in Muirkirk, East Ayrshire. It is 13 miles west of junction 12 on the M74 and 10 miles east of Cumnock, 9 miles west of Strathaven. 

Kames Motorsport Complex
Furnace Road
Muirkirk
KA18 3QQ

F6A1743A-42BC-4F9A-B479-B4ABBFAF6108.jpeg

Living just outside Sanquhar, I'm slightly annoyed to have missed this. On the other hand, the weather didn't make me want to turn out anyway. There'll be a next time.