Jump to content

Autoshite chat over Zoom - 8.00pm Tuesdays. PM brownnova for the link if you don’t have it!


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, brownnova said:

There was an in depth section about the DVLA where I did switch off a bit... 😂😂

I dont blame you tbh! 

trying to cram something that I have have spent a good couple years researching into a hectic zoom call and still remain coherent can be quite challenging LOL

very much feels like this LOL

image.thumb.png.3c635f72313f5ac489ed0651ec11c85b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, St.Jude said:

We need to ask @LightBulbFun or @dollywobbler as to whether it's possible to get an Invacar through a standard UK back door!

Yes actually, well not an Invacar but the Larmar Invalid car was an invalid carriage specifically made to fit through a standard UK doorway should the keeper not have suitable parking for it the idea was they could just bring it indoors

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yes actually, well not an Invacar but the Larmar Invalid car was an invalid carriage specifically made to fit through a standard UK doorway should the keeper not have suitable parking for it the idea was they could just bring it indoors

image.png

The Larmar Super-invacar?

(You may be too young to know of the great Harmar Superstar).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yes actually, well not an Invacar but the Larmar Invalid car was an invalid carriage specifically made to fit through a standard UK doorway should the keeper not have suitable parking for it the idea was they could just bring it indoors

image.png

I always thought it was a garden gate they were designed to fit through.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yes actually, well not an Invacar but the Larmar Invalid car was an invalid carriage specifically made to fit through a standard UK doorway should the keeper not have suitable parking for it the idea was they could just bring it indoors

image.png

Bonus GT6 Mk1 bonnet in the background! :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I always thought it was a garden gate they were designed to fit through.

there was a popular youtube channel/motor publication that drove one and incorrectly claimed such and also incorrectly claimed that it was a women's shopping car...

perhaps thats why you think garden gate?

 

the Larmar car was built at 2ft 4 inches wide to fit through a standard British door way so the user could park it in the hallway of the house if they had no outside storage space

I think this technically makes it the narrowest car in the world! 

in 1949 the Larmar Model B was introduced which was 8 inches wider to accommodate a folding wheel chair next to the driver, but production ended in 1951

 

ill leave you with one tackling  a Hill climb :) (TWC has competition!)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming this is on tonight I will try and join in.

I have a new laptop so it will be the first meeting I have used it for so we will see how it goes. If you end up seeing and not hearing me or vice versa that is my excuse and it may take a few attempts to get it working.

That is of course assuming you let me in at all :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I shall likely try again tonight.  Oddly, I'm now able to use 3G data that achieves about 22Mb down and 2Mb up, whereas the 4G I was trying to use before would shit out at 8Mb down and about 0.9Mb up and was often quite a fair bit worse than that.

As I've said before many times, 4G and 5G can get in the sea.  What's needed is more instances of decent high-quality 3G HSPA+.  It works absolutely fine for 99% of things a mobile phone needs to do, and the other 1% are probably pointless and/or mobile companies trying to use up the absurd bandwidth that now exists.

Having coped with 56Kbit internet (actually 45Kbit usually) for many years, 22Mbit (IE nearly 500 times more bandwidth) and no modem skreetching noisily away in the background still feels like luxury.  Even the first landline broadband at 0.5Mbit was a revelation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...