Valeting / Detailing / two bucket wronguns

Matt

8 hours ago, MJK 24 said:

Tidy job on the Adam!  What’s the quality of the interior like?  A cut above a regular Vauxhall?  These were sold as a premium car when new I think.

I only moved it from there drive to ours and back, The seats where quite nice recaro style but set quite low. No idea what model this is,it was very dark and hot inside but the dials used the red text my 2006 astra used.

She  is hoping for £7000 for it . I think WBAC will be calling.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Without going through the whole thread, has anyone used EZ Car Care products? 

They are all over my Facebook and seem to have as many sales as DFS. 

Lots of half price deals and they were doing 5l for the price of 1l which appeals to my tightwad ways. 

I'm tempted but having bought some wheel cleaner from Aldi recently that smells like vomit and has no effect on brake dust, I'm a bit wary. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ezcarcare.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwjd8obgk5_yAhWxUBUIHU29DoQQFnoECEkQAg&usg=AOvVaw3EyGiDzJ0owTjdKpRtYexP

• 5 months later...

First two bucket wrong un wash on my new beater, although I ran out of proper wheel cleaner so used BH Surfex HD, did surprisingly well on the brake dust. 

PXL_20220121_143703480.thumb.jpg.eec6c43b4cd40b4fed69460379d76efe.jpg

PXL_20220121_143655311.thumb.jpg.99edbca37c31f5b4f0a948365ad5f3a3.jpg

It's either been washed by hand very lightly during its life or has been through a touchless car wash because there's very little swirls but there was lots of build up around trim edges and window seals.

I haven't washed a car properly since 2019, the last time I washed something was my old Volvo at a jet wash just after its last MOT. So February last year. I have a decent amount of detailing products and a pressure washer so once the weather warms up a bit I'm going to give the new Volvo a proper wash. The lacquer that's left on the bonnet will probably come off, but such is life. The Peugeot will need a good wash at some point too, probably before the MOT to give an air that it's looked after instead of it having been sat in a barn for 2 years.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My Nilfisk pressure washer packed up some time last year, but as we had a hose pipe ban anyway I didn't bother getting it replaced. Now I've had enough of trying to clean the cars without one so....

Is this Karcher any good?

https://www.diy.com/departments/karcher-k3-power-control-corded-pressure-washer-1-6kw-16761020/4054278605180_BQ.prd

466142?w=1480&h=1110&qlt=default&fmt=aut

Also assuming my Nilfisk one wont fit what will I need apart from a foam spray nozzle?

112221?w=1480&h=1110&qlt=default&fmt=aut