The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Dominos Pizza. They've just opened around here, and they seemed to have hired every fuckwit in the area. Aside from the stupid, sail-like signs on the roof, all of their delivery drivers seemed to drive cars that are bashed up so badly, an Istanbul minicabber wouldn't want it. And about 20 or so minutes ago, one of them has rear-ended what looks like a fairly new Mercedes S Class.

Reminds me of the episode of 'Porridge' when Fletcher was talking about his daughter's boyfriend selling cars with dodgy logbooks... Godber asks how he knows they're dodgy and he replies that he spells Citroen with an 'S' :D

Dominos Pizza. They've just opened around here, and they seemed to have hired every fuckwit in the area. Aside from the stupid, sail-like signs on the roof, all of their delivery drivers seemed to drive cars that are bashed up so badly, an Istanbul minicabber wouldn't want it. And about 20 or so minutes ago, one of them has rear-ended what looks like a fairly new Mercedes S Class.

Been there, done that! To be fair, the work seems to be unbelievably hard on cars. When you've changed the front struts for the second time that year, and cannot get rid of the smell of pizza from the upholstery; it gets hard to care much any more. Staring into the engine bay of someone's smoking supermini, and saying "Nah, that's well fucked", becomes something of a habit. At least it breaks up the monotony of playing cards for matchsticks on a wet Tuesday.

And no-one looks good in a Domino's uniform. No-one.

Been there, done that! To be fair, the work seems to be unbelievably hard on cars. When you've changed the front struts for the second time that year, and cannot get rid of the smell of pizza from the upholstery; it gets hard to care much any more. Staring into the engine bay of someone's smoking supermini, and saying "Nah, that's well fucked", becomes something of a habit. At least it breaks up the monotony of playing cards for matchsticks on a wet Tuesday.

Having done it for Pizza Hut is does knacker cars like nothing else, but much LOLZ were had getting reactions when using the 120Y. Was actually quite a fun job and better paid than you'd expect once you count the tips, extra fuel money and not having to go out and buy dinner that evening

The problem with my stint at Domino's (apart from dressing like a cretin), was having to do Tuesday + Wednesday nights to get the trade-off of a guaranteed weekend night. 2L Mondeo in get-the-deadline mode, will eat the fuel allowance (might as well have spiked the tank, and spent the night washing the ovens out), and nobody's pissed enough to hand over twice the cost of the order and wave away their change.

Had some laughs (a couple of hen parties, and kicking some pissed up runt of a ned down some concrete stairs for starters), but overall, it was a very grump-worthy non-job.

I did it for 6 months in my Suzuki Whizzkid, it was the perfect car really, I made 60p per delivery (on top of wages and tips) and each journey cost 20p max. Apart from one week where the starter and new battery gave up (due to winter) - I had my 50 year old boss and his elderly uncle push it to start it every time I was out on delivery, but it was -the- perfect car for the job, although it probably didn't deserve the hammering it got. I did 40,000 miles in less than a year.

In my increasingly desperate attempts to get any sort of aciton, thought I'd sign up to eharmony. So after spending an hour doing their compatibility test:

We're very sorry, but our matching system cannot predict good matches for you.

eHarmony's patented matching system was developed after extensive research into marital satisfaction. We use each person's responses to our Relationship Questionnaire to predict the pairings of individuals that are highly likely to result in satisfying long-term relationships, based on what we learned through our research.

Unfortunately, based on responses to our questionnaire, we occasionally find situations where our matching system cannot identify high quality compatible matches, and this has happened in your case. Please understand that it is a result of our matching process and in no way reflects on you as a person or your ability to be in a happy relationship.

We apologise and regret our inability to find good matches for you. The time you spent completing our questionnaire, however, has enabled us to provide you with a free Personality Profile.. This Personality Profile lets you learn more about yourself and should provide you with valuable insights.

We wish you all the best in your search for that special someone.

I must admit a rejection from a computer is a new one to me!

We apologise and regret our inability to find good matches for you. The time you spent completing our questionnaire, however, has enabled us to provide you with a free Personality Profile.. This Personality Profile lets you learn more about yourself and should provide you with valuable insights.

Would like to know what these valuable insights might be. Let's see!

Would like to know what these valuable insights might be. Let's see!

A complete load of rambling bollocks basically. Apparently a "positive" is that I'm compassionate about people's feeling but a "negative" is that my response to other's problems isn't sympathetic enough :?

Oh and I didn't use my avatar pic. That's saved for my match.com profile

N.C., to be serious for a minute, be careful! A bloke I used to work with got hooked up with a woman from a dating site (can't remember which one). She was a Class A, gold-plated NUTCASE, who wanted him to beat her up, had a blood fetish, and later tried to poison him (he ended up in hospital). She looked normal, too, when I saw her at a works piss-up.

Guest Leonard Hatred
N.C., to be serious for a minute, be careful! A bloke I used to work with got hooked up with a woman from a dating site (can't remember which one). She was a Class A, gold-plated NUTCASE, who wanted him to beat her up, had a blood fetish, and later tried to poison him (he ended up in hospital). She looked normal, too, when I saw her at a works piss-up.

That could quite easily happen meeting conventionally, but the internet is a bit of a haven for big spastic mentalists.

That could quite easily happen meeting conventionally, but the internet is a bit of a haven for big spastic mentalists.

Well at least it would beat my impressive record of 5 months trying these things and not a single reply or message :lol:

Try plentyoffish instead - you just sign up and write some words about yourself. None of this computer matching rubbish.

I'm ugly, skint and depressed and even I got a couple of shags out of that site. Warning: one of them got a bit clingy (she was fatter, skinter and more depressed).

a "positive" is that I'm compassionate about people's feeling;

Oh and I didn't use my avatar pic.

Dear Mr Creep

You do not appear to be an entirely hopeless case, but I think that your name may be part of the problem and a change might be beneficial. I suggest that calling yourself Mr Positive Creep might create a more favourable impresion with members of the fair sex.

Yours sympathetically,

Agony Aunt Alfisti

Guest Leonard Hatred

I have had a look at these dating sites but I'm too socially retarded at the mo to even send a message.

£112 just to get a little petrol lawn mower serviced!! It's only two years old. :shock:

They saw me coming didn't they!

Jeez, there is nothing to do on them!! Change the oil (and you can use car oil with no probs), clean the plug and filter and brush any stuck grass from underneath off!

The small ones only take half a litre of oil....what on earth have they charged for?

The local ironmongers did it...

I just looked at the bill again....

Sharpen blades £7.50

Clean and set carb/ replace carb diaphram £5

Air Filter £6.00

Spark Plug £4.50

Change oil £6.00

Labour £50.00

Collection and Delivery £15.

Plus VAT of course.

I'm a twat, aren't I. :oops: