The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Hey Toned, if you really want to grump about Bakewell try going for a drink there one day. Never known anywhere like it, what a bunch of miserable swines the landlords are round there.

Oh aye, it's a nightmare on many levels. The little tearooms aren't much better, although there is a really good model shop.

I recently downloaded a game called Men Of War - Assault Squad and I've been playing it for the past three days for about 7 hours per day. I've never done that many times before and my eyes/arse are killing me.

It's a quality game btw.

78.jpg

mow4.jpg

I don't usually get so tied up in games, but I love a good strategy game. If my entire life were presented as a pie chart, TTDLX/OpenTTD would be a sizeable segment.

(Saying that, I've almost certainly done more miles on the streets of Liberty City and San Andreas than those of the UK)

I've recently been given a free CD of SsangYong Racing Revolution. I've yet to try it out though.

I remember the days of playing games 10+ hours, thankfully those days are gone now.

I had to buy a copy of Doomsday Racers when I found it in the pound shop (even though I didn't have a PC to play it on) because, well, just look:

2yopwjm.jpg

All the games malarky reminds me of the 1000+ hours I wasted playing Battlefield 2. :lol:

It kindly kept a record of your playing time for you. :oops:

Governmental incompetence.

Yeah, I know, that's normal wherever you are in the world. Here in Cyprus, who decided to store a load of confiscated gunpowder on a hot, dry island, next to a major power station, within range of a brushfire? 12 people dead this morning from the explosion (which seems to have been "waiting to happen"). Massive power cuts, and likely more to come, along with water shortages as a desalination plant was affected too. And we've got a heatwave.

C'mon, politicians, what were you thinking of? Don't you live on the same island? Have you never seen the firefighting helicopters flying over your house on the way to that huge cloud you can see beyond your fence? Don't your people's lives matter to you?

3a: Pedantic little wankers taking delight in a tiny mistake you made in your listing.http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pfsw&action=display&thread=107714 See the last reply before mine.

It wasn't the most tactful thing for him to point out, but you did jump down his throat a bit...lighten up fella, he can't help being daft.

Auto Trader.

Why do they persist in letting people knowingly list cars with the wrong price only to say Actual price £xxxx in the advert text.

Also if I'm searching from min to £1000 I want to be buying the car outright, NOT paying that a month for a New Audi. I don't want lease deals to come up on my search. Ever.

I want to go back to buying Auto Trader/Mart for 15p at my newsagent on a Thursday. Life was easier then.

Another grump, more personal this time: my Granada drank all its brake fluid recently, so it's been in my friendly garage for diagnosis and treatment. New rubbers in the rear wheel cylinders, ok, that's done, but now the rear flexi hoses are condemned. If we can't get them here it'll be a week or two and some rampant ebay searching... Isn't there always something when you're using a car that's been laid up for years!

Governmental incompetence.

Yeah, I know, that's normal wherever you are in the world. Here in Cyprus, who decided to store a load of confiscated gunpowder on a hot, dry island, next to a major power station, within range of a brushfire? 12 people dead this morning from the explosion (which seems to have been "waiting to happen"). Massive power cuts, and likely more to come, along with water shortages as a desalination plant was affected too. And we've got a heatwave.

C'mon, politicians, what were you thinking of? Don't you live on the same island? Have you never seen the firefighting helicopters flying over your house on the way to that huge cloud you can see beyond your fence? Don't your people's lives matter to you?

conspiracy or cock-up?

I note that bbc news is stating that english-language broadcasts to the middle east have been cut off by the explosion damage

mmmmm, conspiracy then

3a: Pedantic little wankers taking delight in a tiny mistake you made in your listing.http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pfsw&action=display&thread=107714 See the last reply before mine.

It wasn't the most tactful thing for him to point out, but you did jump down his throat a bit...lighten up fella, he can't help being daft.

I apologised to him via PM afterwards. I am more than a bit tense at the moment. Things are not looking good and I didn't need some silly little nimrod taking the piss.

Been waiting in all day for a collection from Yodel (Home Delivery Network re-branded).

Did they turn up? No chance.

Phoned and all they could say was "they were supposed to collect. I don't know why they haven't".

The same lazy git delivered to the wrong house twice before.

All the games malarky reminds me of the 1000+ hours I wasted playing Battlefield 2. :lol:

Haha, brilliant! My favourite was the original Descent on the Windows 95, does anyone remember that one? I was addicted and spent most of my childhood playing it :oops:

nauseating.jpg

Ahem

I still play that. What a waste!

Last Battle 9/06/2007, 3:37 am

Times

Total 1092:17:44

Doesn't seem like 4 years. :cry:

* Goes off to waste another 1000 hours on BF BC2. :mrgreen:

Hurrying back from the dentist this morning in the Innocenti (my first dentist visit since October 1997 - I needed a filling in one of my incisors but the general verdict was "pretty good for somebody who hasn't been to a dentist in 14 years"), I was pulling out of a junction onto the A149 when I heard a clunk from the nearside front wheel. Didn't think anything of it, but once I got up to about 50 it became obvious that something was amiss. Pulled over and another wheel stud had snapped, leaving the wheel held on by just two. I suppose it's my fault for driving it on three studs for months on end, but it's still annoying. Instead of heading straight in to work I had to nurse it home, getting gradually slower and slower as the noises from the front end got more and more worrying - by the time I pulled into my road the wheel was getting distinctly wobbly and I was down to 15mph. I now have the fun job of dismantling the hub to get the studs out and then trying to work out what the chuffing hell they're from so I can buy some more. :evil:

Been waiting in all day for a collection from Yodel (Home Delivery Network re-branded).

Phoned and all they could say was "they were supposed to collect. I don't know why they haven't".

they are totally useless, 3 times failing to collect

i wont use them anymore, i only used them because they were the cheapest, and now i know why - because they are shite, and email / telephone staff bullshit customers about delivery dates.

they are totally useless, 3 times failing to collect

i wont use them anymore, i only used them because they were the cheapest, and now i know why - because they are shite, and email / telephone staff bullshit customers about delivery dates.

I work for Parcelforce & we've had a memo asking us to look out for Yodel customers & try & get them to use us instead as so many people are unhappy with the service from Yodel.

Resigned from my job today.

If you want any of my shit, no unreasonable offer will be refused.

Uh-oh, what's happened mate?

Resigned from my job today.

If you want any of my shit, no unreasonable offer will be refused.

Uh-oh, what's happened mate?

PM'd. Not discussing it in public sir - probably for the best.

Understandable Jon, It's not everyone who can put their cock into a fax machi... whoops, sorry :D

Understandable Jon, It's not everyone who can put their cock into a fax machi... whoops, sorry :D

It was a photocopier, actually. :shock:

Seriously, though, hope things work out OK in the long(er) run, Jon. Give me a shout if there's anything i can do.