Proton Persona Diesel!

cms206

top chod, expect problems with the central locking as there is a stupid wee spring like one out of a pen that rusts and breaks in the locks, i had a persona 1.5 petrol from 2000-06 and the bloody things were a pain, replace both on a 6 monthly cycle as when they break you cant open the doors and you need to strip down the doorcards with the door shut.... being a old mitsi engine it should veg

12/10 for saving a unloved rare lump

I think this is the epitome of modern day shite. 

Unloved brand, ugly ducking model, non-eco friendly lump of oil burning heaven. If only it were doom blue, but I guess Malaysian Dithering Green is close enough.

Look forward to learning more about it and taking 3 numbers in a potential roffle! 

Wow. I bet this is AWFUL. I mean, the Wiras got to be one of the blandest most forgetful cars ever made, yet you've got one that sounds terrible as well, to noisily rattle it back into everyone's recognition. 

I'm in awe. Fuck the diseasel Maxi, this shits where its at. 

We stayed overnight at my mate's in Chester le Street. He is bemused about my choice of car too and he's known me since we were in preschool.

So... yeah. It's a 2.0 Mitsubishi lump from the early nineties Galant, about 90bhp of rattly, boomy, old school diesel. Genuinely not surprising that the general public didn't buy them, the XUD seems refined in comparison. It drives well, is comfortable, well equipped for what it - every available option for the TDi is fitted, though the drivers window regulator is out of action - and it is a proper old school gutsy diesel. It's so bad you can't help but love it.

It's got test til September 2020 too - bonus.

I'll take more pictures in a bit to satisfy the shite Malaysian diesel perverts.

49 minutes ago, cms206 said:

We stayed overnight at my mate's in Chester le Street. He is bemused about my choice of car too and he's known me since we were in preschool.

So... yeah. It's a 2.0 Mitsubishi lump from the early nineties Galant, about 90bhp of rattly, boomy, old school diesel. Genuinely not surprising that the general public didn't buy them, the XUD seems refined in comparison. It drives well, is comfortable, well equipped for what it - every available option for the TDi is fitted, though the drivers window regulator is out of action - and it is a proper old school gutsy diesel. It's so bad you can't help but love it.

It's got test til September 2020 too - bonus.

I'll take more pictures in a bit to satisfy the shite Malaysian diesel perverts.

Has SMOL_CMS has a test drive yet lol? 

About 750 miles in to ownership now.

No issues to report. Oil and water usage are zero, MPG is about 37.8.

The drivers door window regulator remains inoperative which is a bit of a pisser where drive through takeaways are involved and the steering wheel is off centre.

Outstandingly dull, surprisingly not all that slow for a claimed 80bhp (172 torques at 2500rpm admittedly helps with that), relatively comfortable and plenty spacious enough. Six speaker Blaupunkt stereo isn't too shabby either.

HML reckons seven diesels left from all Persona derivatives, comprising 285 Wiras, 501 Personas,  25 Persona Coupes, 117 Persona Compacts, 207 Satrias and 921 Jumbucks.

I did promise more pictures but truth be told I've not taken any. Soz.