Jump to content
skoda_fan

Potential for time wasting!

Recommended Posts

Don't know if we've heard about this lady on here yet.....if this is old hat ignore me but I've just stumbled across her. Like a female Hubnut! She tends to ramble on a bit but there's no doubting her enthusiasm and very watchable. Link below is a sample but there are loads....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, skoda_fan said:

Ok if Steph's not your style, how about this fella? I used to think Hubnut had the monopoly on this kind of thing, but seems they're all at it....

 

i really like this guy, i thought he'd be on the forum with the amount of chod he reviews

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brownnova said:

A load of us stood next to and had a photo with (what I think is) Steph’s Metro at the FoTU...

2CE34B01-89BB-4BDB-8FB9-87EBCB6406FC.jpeg

 

Does Steph hail from West Yorkshire by any chance? I only ask as in the last year or so (vague I am) I got waved at by a girl in a beige Metro thing on the way into Huddersfield in the BX.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strangeangel said:

Does Steph hail from West Yorkshire by any chance? I only ask as in the last year or so (vague I am) I got waved at by a girl in a beige Metro thing on the way into Huddersfield in the BX.

 

Yes she does AFAIK. I quite like her to be honest - her videos don’t seem to be staged and polished like a few of them out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being honest, she's not my cup of tea.  I also didn't like the business cards that were left on cars at FotU offering people the chance to have their car 'reviewed'.  

But.

I love anyone who has an unbridled enthusiasm for their hobby.  Whether it's model railway, lightbulbs, forgotten board games of the 60 and 70s - whatever.  She enjoys what she's doing, she's got some great numbers on social media - so who the fuck am I to criticise?

Anyone who can make a living out of something they enjoy has discovered the same secret code as I have.  Good on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh calm down, you know fine well we all have behave like we're visiting a primary school now.

I've been meaning to watch one of Steph's videos since meeting her at FotU.  She's really nice in person but I wasn't a huge fan of the video.  The subject matter was interesting but she seemed to spend a lot of time talking about the bleeding obvious without teaching me anything new.  A bit like watching TV really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

Oh calm down, you know fine well we all have behave like we're visiting a primary school now.

 

No, we just have to avoid behaving like a rough 13 year old trying to impress his mates.  Be that remarking about "slipping her his length" or pointless bullying over other people's tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree, the IDRIVEACLASSIC video seemed to be a lot of words without saying anything.  Not that I'm any better, I'm not. 

I've not tried the Ruby 7 one yet, quite looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are all awful to be honest,hub nuts pc and predictable,or as he would say ten times every video "remarkable",the woman states the obvious,the other guy goes on about how old fashioned an 80 year old car is,well duh. Always a problem when people are trying to earn a living out of something. Coldwarmotors is my go to guy on the tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My tuppence.

I prefer car review Youtubers who have a journalistic background.

So Doug Demuro (Autotrader/Jalopnik) - if you are going to hate moderns you need to know why. Harry's Garage (Evo), Hubnut (various) because they have skill in story telling.  Petrolblog too. This is what Top Gear lost when Clarkson and May left - they both annoy me - but they are also good at telling a car story (even if Clarkson is full of melodrama) in the way Freddie Flintoff, bless him, isn't. 

I suspect why Ian has high 'viewer engagement' is because his videos also have the engineering element (which is what Wobbler actually seems to watch himself). I don't watch the pure engineering channels, because I'm rubbish at it ;-).

I think story telling is the thing - because the last 18 months loads of diecast restoration channels have popped up - Marty's matchbox has grown massively and has high engagement - why? I think, because he adds (daft) stories to his practical vids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! 

Thanks to the OP for the shout out, you’re brill. 

Also thanks for all the constructive criticism on here. I’ve only being doing this since April so I definitely know there’s room for improvement, so bear with as I hopefully get better in time 🥰🥰

I’m not out to ‘make a living’ off it in the slightest, far from it, just gave me a focus when my life was a bit bonkers and I wanted to give myself a bit of a distraction. Turns out the response hasn’t been too shabby! 

As you’ve probably guessed, I’m not a tech car person by trade or design, I’m actually a Hair Brand Manager who just just loves old cars and wanted to make some content. 

Referencing the weird comment which got deleted, it’s not the worst I’ve read and I actually want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for commenting on my content and not the fact I’m fat/female/not a man. I appreciate that more than anything! 

Also, sorry if the cards offended anyone. Wasn’t my intention at all and after spotting people flyering I thought I’d do a little hustle. Clearly the marketeer inside me is switched on 24/7 eh?! 

Anyway, for those of you who enjoyed the video or it was decent enough background noise whilst you did some washing up, please feel free to stick with me. I appreciate every and any ounce of support! 

Right, it’s back to work for me. Cheers for an interesting thread! 

All the best 

Steph x 

ps. I can confirm I live in West Yorkshire. Well spotted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What random timing, I ended up down a Twitter rabbithole (probably via Hubnut) and onto your channel this very morning. Good stuff! 

Sorry for the delay approving you, being bombarded by Russian bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're reviewing all the right cars. 

Montego, £300 shitebox Clio, Escort and byjesus the snuggycharly. Imagine having a low speed tap in that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

It's nice to see anyone getting enthused about ropey old shite. More of this kind of thing. 

-10pts for not having a beard.

+1000pts for that amazing dress. Top cut and pattern. 

 

I concur. And unlimited points for not wearing desert wellies. Good that she is enthusiastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, Pillock said:

What random timing, I ended up down a Twitter rabbithole (probably via Hubnut) and onto your channel this very morning. Good stuff! 

Sorry for the delay approving you, being bombarded by Russian bots.

Cheers love - it's no worries. I saw it pop through when I was cooking dinner and completely forgotten I'd written a reply! x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 12:20 AM, sdkrc said:

You're reviewing all the right cars. 

Montego, £300 shitebox Clio, Escort and byjesus the snuggycharly. Imagine having a low speed tap in that. 

The Snuggy was all sorts of terrifying IMO. I particularly loved nearly getting thrashed by a mobility scooter...

 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, Jim Bell said:

It's nice to see anyone getting enthused about ropey old shite. More of this kind of thing. 

-10pts for not having a beard.

+1000pts for that amazing dress. Top cut and pattern. 

 

Hahahahaha - my dress!!! I only wear vintage (which is sadly a lot more expensive than when you could get a decent dress down Huddersfield market for a fiver...) so all my dresses are verging on fancy dress 24/7

Most of them are towelling or crimplene which means I'm 100% fire hazard when  combined with all the hairspray I use.

19 hours ago, Bren said:

I concur. And unlimited points for not wearing desert wellies. Good that she is enthusiastic.

Hahahaha - Clarks finest work shoes always. Can't skimp on a shoe.

 

Again cheers all for the support on my ridiculous online life x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw I'm glad you are on here and approve. Don't know why, but I did start to worry a bit after starting this thread that maybe I shouldn't have. Anyway keep them coming....yourself, Mr Hubnut, and Mr Furious Driving are all far more entertaining than the dross that's on the box of an evening. I even enjoyed the tour of that lady's house that's stuck in a deliberate timewarp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, Idriveaclassic said:

Hey guys! 

Thanks to the OP for the shout out, you’re brill. 

Also thanks for all the constructive criticism on here. I’ve only being doing this since April so I definitely know there’s room for improvement, so bear with as I hopefully get better in time 🥰🥰

I’m not out to ‘make a living’ off it in the slightest, far from it, just gave me a focus when my life was a bit bonkers and I wanted to give myself a bit of a distraction. Turns out the response hasn’t been too shabby! 

As you’ve probably guessed, I’m not a tech car person by trade or design, I’m actually a Hair Brand Manager who just just loves old cars and wanted to make some content. 

Referencing the weird comment which got deleted, it’s not the worst I’ve read and I actually want to say a huge thank you to everyone here for commenting on my content and not the fact I’m fat/female/not a man. I appreciate that more than anything! 

Also, sorry if the cards offended anyone. Wasn’t my intention at all and after spotting people flyering I thought I’d do a little hustle. Clearly the marketeer inside me is switched on 24/7 eh?! 

Anyway, for those of you who enjoyed the video or it was decent enough background noise whilst you did some washing up, please feel free to stick with me. I appreciate every and any ounce of support! 

Right, it’s back to work for me. Cheers for an interesting thread! 

All the best 

Steph x 

ps. I can confirm I live in West Yorkshire. Well spotted 

You spoke to me and was interested in doing a video on my thema, it's still available if you want to do one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...