The lady in the van - where are they now?

bunglebus

Finally got round to watching this film last night, and it got me wondering - where are the Bedford CA (two were used in the film), Commer and Reliant now?

3182D2D600000578-3462479-image-a-39_1456

vlcsnap-2016-12-31-15h31m29s579.jpg

1416241940122_Image_galleryImage_Mandato

One of the Bedfords, WFO 833 MFO 833, was up for auction in 2016 but was unsold;

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/events/2016-auctions/the-restoration-show-sale-2016/the-restoration-show-sale-2016-sale/cars/1957-bedford-ca-van

The Commer and Reliant are also on fake plates - what happened to them?

1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

Quote: "....hand-painted Maggie Smith paintwork...."

That might be a reason why it didn't sell.

Sometimes, screen cars - if they survive the filming intact - don't have promising afterlives. Case in point is the TVR which featured in the John Travolta film "Swordfish". It was eventually acquired by a Belgian collector and as, far as I understand it, quite a lot was changed mechanically, so is no longer the car that it was for the film.

Why, cos the bloke has a beard? Looks like he's done a really nice job turning it from a nasty, over-restored show van to something that looks fantastic (I'm not a fan of faux-tina, but when done well as in this case it can look great) and is using it properly as 'a vehicle' rather than a static exhibit that gets pulled out for shows twice a year. He drove the flippin' thing to Budapest, that's pretty impressive if you ask me. It's not like it's had the engine ripped out and is now a trailer serving overpriced coffee on the South Bank or whatever, you guys need to lighten up ffs

I didn't say anything derogatory about hipsters. I just saw an Instagram thread by a bloke with finely groomed facial hair regarding a road trip in a 50s van and assumed he was a hipster.

Sorry for inadvertently causing any offence, I'll see myself out.    

I've been accused of being a hipster because I'm a speccy git that dresses funny and is lightly tattooed. Really though I was always like this and probably always will be.

I think it's just used now to complain about us young people doing interesting things...