Jump to content

eBay tat volume 3.


Recommended Posts

Posted
5 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

never heard of them and i'm about 3 minutes from Stourbridge...BUT Tala homeware is still available on amazon, so probably brought out years ago 

Rufford Road Stourbridge, the place was demolished in the 70s, I think it’s a business park now 

Posted
8 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

If I'd got myself a proper job years ago, used the other skills I have and not spent my life mincing about - then I'd have some money to buy this.

image.png.9fc84679280f4060ef7cfc171e28dc7a.png

A proper bit of motoring, cultural history and brilliance.

Alas.

(He is selling three Grand Tour cars including the Montecarlo from the last ever episode)

Crikey

IMG_1261.webp.965f1494baeb3eb572c566617f032cba.webp

https://www.iconicauctioneers.com/1983-alfa-romeo-gtv6-rec17501-2-nec-1126

https://www.iconicauctioneers.com/1982-lancia-montecarlo-spider-rec17501-3-nec-1126

Quote

Why is he now selling? As with the other cars offered in this remarkable group, the reason will become clear in the forthcoming season of Clarkson's Farm.

Posted
8 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

ROVER 800 820 SI - Picture 1 of 15

ROVER 800 820 SI | eBay UK

Thought I recognised this, it's 'twixt Welshpool and Oswestry, a few miles off the A483. They have a few other 'shiter's delights' in the driveway, too.

@Lord Sterling

Very tempted. Auto too.

But sadly no room at the inn unfortunately, in fact, one of my cars may have to go.

Posted
8 hours ago, Hertz said:

£575 - 5.0 V8

I drove through Holsworthy to the in-laws just the other week :-( They're in Bude.

Maybe going back there soonish if they manage to exchange contracts. Taking the Boxer to fill with crap out of their house. Boxer has a towbar and there's a local place to here that hires car transporting trailers :-)

How to gaslight t'missus?.............

[edit] bum - marked Pending Collection 

image.png.ed1b49c954e86ced7914af46bbe248fb.png

Posted

1996 VW VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T4 TDI FULLY OFF GRID 5 BERTH NO RESERVE - Picture 14 of 24

1996 VW VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T4 TDI FULLY OFF GRID 5 BERTH NO RESERVE | eBay UK  

'The 1.9 ABL engines are reknowned for being week'

Ok M8, I'll call back next Wednesday

'Shes solid underneath with nothing structural ever needed doing as has been wax-oiled over the years.'

MOT check - check your car history for free - MCMOT Test Centre

  • Haha 2
Posted
21 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Rd 125 Lc - Picture 1 of 7

Rd 125 Lc | eBay UK

That number plate is making me hyperventilate.

Plate is awful for sure, but anything near the starting price and thats a bargain

Posted
12 hours ago, Hertz said:

[Given the world that we live in ( eg recent MGB rally car theft) - whilst it is charming to picture a car for sale in an attractive home setting and with another classic nearby - I'd question the security of such an approach.]

Nice car good price.

  • Agree 2
Posted
1 minute ago, lesapandre said:

[Given the world that we live in ( eg recent MGB rally car theft) - whilst it is charming to picture a car for sale in an attractive home setting and with another classic nearby - I'd question the security of such an approach.]

Agreed. The amount of people advertising stuff then showing an RS Turbo or whatever in the background in their garage amazes me.

Posted

1989 Automatic Mini Mayfair

Untitled.png.048be60b67d480a9b195b1a445d50ea7.png

Looks nice and original.  "This Mini has been stuck in a garage since August 2021 when the MOT expired. It was my late Aunt's vehicle who died this year"

Starting bid £1,000

Ebay link

Posted
14 hours ago, Hertz said:

@egg! This is such a good price if it's as nice as it looks – you can factor in some nice appropriate number plates in the cost. It's half what I sold mine for and looks much tidier on the surface. It'd be nice to replicate this guy's two-car garage, actually, if I had any spare cash

Posted
8 minutes ago, barrett said:

@egg! This is such a good price if it's as nice as it looks – you can factor in some nice appropriate number plates in the cost. It's half what I sold mine for and looks much tidier on the surface. It'd be nice to replicate this guy's two-car garage, actually, if I had any spare cash

Currently dirt poor sadly :-(

Posted
2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

[Given the world that we live in ( eg recent MGB rally car theft) - whilst it is charming to picture a car for sale in an attractive home setting and with another classic nearby - I'd question the security of such an approach.]

Nice car good price.

Perhaps the angry dobermans are out of shot 

Posted
20 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

never heard of them and i'm about 3 minutes from Stourbridge...BUT Tala homeware is still available on amazon, so probably brought out years ago 

The name still going 

https://dayesuk.com/collections/tala

Posted
5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

[Given the world that we live in ( eg recent MGB rally car theft) - whilst it is charming to picture a car for sale in an attractive home setting and with another classic nearby - I'd question the security of such an approach.]

Nice car good price.

If you're going to bother stealing a car, I can't think of a less viable proposition than a DS on the Isle of Wight tbh, although I suppose stranger things have happened.

Posted
4 hours ago, barrett said:

@egg! This is such a good price if it's as nice as it looks – you can factor in some nice appropriate number plates in the cost. It's half what I sold mine for and looks much tidier on the surface. It'd be nice to replicate this guy's two-car garage, actually, if I had any spare cash

Yes, I miss my DS sometimes, but not the bills when she decided to act all 'French'.

Posted
3 hours ago, barrett said:

If you're going to bother stealing a car, I can't think of a less viable proposition than a DS on the Isle of Wight tbh, although I suppose stranger things have happened.

The DS is hardly a quick getaway car. Not suitable for bank robberies. 

For those who don't know the car the suspension is pumped up by the engine so when you start the car you have to wait for it to lift itself up out of the gutter.

Posted

A lot of these classic car thefts are uplifts rather than joyriders. A very wide range of cars is taken as we know here.

A really really good DS  is £40,000+ so the incentive is there - but my experience of crime is that it's random.

My advice point was not to show other items in the back of sale photos - unless you are a trader. Trouble is some people's business.

Posted
1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Suzuki GSXR 600 SRAD Corona Alstare - Picture 4 of 8

Suzuki GSXR 600 SRAD Corona Alstare | eBay UK

What a bloody lovely looking bike that is.

It bemuses me these can be had for that kind of price. A committed rider and these are still actually properly quick. Speed per pound spent these and the 750 SRAD’s are amazing (same goes for RF900’s as well) 

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Purfleet said:

Correctly registered with the DVLA as a two litre. Wonder what they and the DVSA would consider the originality to be regards MoT & tax exemption - only they could say. It's currently MoT. 

Not sure what rally class it's eligible for with a modern engine?

Posted
19 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Not sure what rally class it's eligible for with a modern engine?

Ford 100e Popular Redtop Rally Classic escort cortina pop - Picture 11 of 22

Posted

Thanks.  Ah yes.

Sprints and Hillclimbs are those timed speed events where  drivers race individually against the clock over a course. 

Classes are - unmodified standard road-going production car and progress through Modified, and Sports Libre Classes.

The Pop' is in the last category - which I assume is as modified as you can go.

Wonder what it pulls 0-60 and up Prescott Hill?

Looks fun. And you can drive it there being road legal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...