eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I hope they've trained that dog to rip those hideous N.I cover plates off it

Picture 2 of 8

Lotus Carlton barn find rare classic | eBay

Picture 8 of 8

Is that the real ID badge? It looks like it was made using one of those penny squashing machines on Blackool pier.

53 minutes ago, garethj said:

What's the steering wheel from, I wonder? Can't quite make out the blacked out logo...

Screenshot_20230113_230625_eBay.thumb.jpg.611b2e8f6ec2685e6793151814775311.jpg

Cheaper and more convenient than buying a car, a boat and a trailer.  Good value too, I'd imagine.

*Checks price

£27k for half a Jimny with mkiv Golf headlights glued in? 

bTjTRPK.gif.91edaea1823d5146d2ea81354791d4c2.gif

Frilly SD3 for less than a grand... with gold/brown goodness! I do wonder what it's like underneath though, since these things disintegrate for fun.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/730703674943096

Product photo of 1984 Rover 213

Product photo of 1984 Rover 213

6 hours ago, garethj said:

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

4 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

What's the steering wheel from, I wonder? Can't quite make out the blacked out logo...

Screenshot_20230113_230625_eBay.thumb.jpg.611b2e8f6ec2685e6793151814775311.jpg

Cheaper and more convenient than buying a car, a boat and a trailer.  Good value too, I'd imagine.

*Checks price

£27k for half a Jimny with mkiv Golf headlights glued in? 

bTjTRPK.gif.91edaea1823d5146d2ea81354791d4c2.gif

It actually looks like it’s driving through about 18” of water rather than floating.

Maybe it’s just a flooded car park cropped to look like the sea or  river.

16 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

You'd so have to call that Busby?

I worked with a bloke called Paul Busby. His dad was a supervisor  in customer relations at BT when that campaign ran. I think he spent most of the 80’s explaining to irate customers who asked to “speak to the manager” that he wasn’t taking the piss. 

12 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I hope they've trained that dog to rip those hideous N.I cover plates off it

Picture 2 of 8

Lotus Carlton barn find rare classic | eBay

Picture 8 of 8

Is that the real ID badge? It looks like it was made using one of those penny squashing machines on Blackool pier.

"Please serious buyers only chance to own the worlds fastest  saloon car." 

I'd rather have the Carlton, but I reckon, for example, the current BMW M5 might be quicker. Or the Cadillac CT5-V. Quite a few saloons, in fact 

15 hours ago, grogee said:

HNNNNNGGGGGGG

That, in my inexpert opinion, is a fair price. Even if it does need a bit of fettling. 

If anyone needs me to drive it back to civilization from Kernow I'd do it for pez money and a Twix

I think my Dad owned that car in 1986 and I learnt to drive in it. We lived in About 2 miles away from Par when we sold it so could be same car. 

12 hours ago, garethj said:

Jesus fucking Christ, those harnesses on those seats are a good way to turn a minor accident into permanent paralysis. Utterly, unbelievably stupid 

14 hours ago, garethj said:

Were these the ones with the talking dash? A girlfriend had one but I thought the dash looked a bit more digital than that one. 
Could never understand what it was trying to say

47 minutes ago, Chuck Buckles said:

Were these the ones with the talking dash? A girlfriend had one but I thought the dash looked a bit more digital than that one. 
Could never understand what it was trying to say

Nope. MG 1600 and Vanden Plas came with talking dash as standard originally, then it became optional when 2.0 EFi was introduced. 

By this point (colour coded bodykit MG) I think it had even dropped off the options list.

There are some good YouTube vids about it. 

Widely understood to be unremittingly awful. Mine doesn't have it so obviously massive want from me.

14 hours ago, garethj said:

that looks like a great way to stick two fingers up to Sadiq Turpin 

This is my grandfather's car that he bought new in 1986. It has always been his pride and joy. Unfortunately, he has suffered a stroke so he won't be able to drive it anymore. 

I'm afraid I really don't know much about the car other than the fact that it doesn't start. 

MOT'd but barely driven in the last few years.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204215299477?hash=item2f8c2e2d95:g:Tw4AAOSw61Jjwpff

s-l1600.jpg

33 minutes ago, D.E said:

Might start if you connect the battery. What a pity it has been left in the street to deteriorate, front wing to sill rot looks like it could be expensive or terminal and poverty spec seats will hold it back value wise. Current price makes it ideal for breaking.