eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

32 minutes ago, Danterzza said:

spacer.png

Matt Black Excel.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Excel-SE-Surefire-Investment-opportunity/284180717529?hash=item422a7d9fd9:g:pkIAAOSweqNgJTGH

The engine has been fully rebuilt and has just completed a 100-mile running-in @ 50 mph run

Oh that's good then

With this short running-in process completed she will now need another going over to deal with all those loosen bolts, oil leaks and engine tapping noises which are all so common after an engine rebuild

Oh that's bad then.

According to the previous owner/seller all the above is accurate

Nice small print there. 

Surefire Investment opportunity

Okay Mr Musk.

So what we have here is an Excel with ruined paint work and (oil leaks and engine tapping noises which are all so common after an engine rebuild)

a borked engine, lovely! 

On 2/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, Austat said:

Hammer price was £4500, which doesn't seem very high as long as you have the time, space, and cash to restore it

2 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

They lived in LA, but as I said, it's possible.

It's certainly no more unbelievable than claiming a car was once owned by Paolo Nutini's grandmother, though I suspect establishing the provenance may not be easy or they'd have done it already.

I read it as it was bought by Blake Edwards production company in the U.K. for Peter Sellars as some sort of dodgy tax fiddle whilst he was working for Edwards on a Pink Panther movie.

3 hours ago, Danterzza said:

The engine has been fully rebuilt and has just completed a 100-mile running-in @ 50 mph run

Oh that's good then

With this short running-in process completed she will now need another going over to deal with all those loosen bolts, oil leaks and engine tapping noises which are all so common after an engine rebuild

Oh that's bad then.

That's one of the best eBay quotes ever, 150/10.

23 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Am I missing something here ?

All I see is a four seater Van, with a fridge, A high top that doesn't pop up and unless you have a tent and airbeds in there somewhere, not much use for actual camping in any way.
More of a Dayvan you can park outside a selection of budget hotels, cooking, sleeping or having a dump appear to be forgotten activities.

I'm assuming it has roughly the same layout/facilities as the Talbot Autosleeper I used to own, so that would include a shower/w/c, oven/hob and a fridge. 

In the event it's short of any of those, then in my mind, it's no good as a camper. I may have not looked at the ad closely enough to know if it had all those things.

It's academic now, as further investigation revealed the vendor was being less than honest regarding the condition of the underside, which I had initially taken for very good.

ETA, the same layout as the one just posted by @Fabergé Greggs, it's not massive but easily outdoes a transporter on accommodation with the same footprint.

Here's a... *checks notes* Casalini Sulky. No idea, although I'd probably feel sulky if I paid £2k for this.

Presumably the rest of the range includes the Pouty, the Moody, and the Miserable Cunt.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/257739812652814

May be an image of outdoors

I think sellers can send offers to people who have the item on their watch list (or maybe even people that have viewed the listing but not sure on that), you can put a time limit on them of 24 or 48 hours I think, it should say how long it's valid for and if it's still valid I don't think it'll matter that they've changed the Buy it Now on the listing

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/176388023922061/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

spacer.png

1997 Volvo V70 · 197k miles  · 2.5litr 5 cylinder diesel auto · 12mths MOT · New battery · New water pump and timing belt · Bodywork not in great condition · Runs well · £600 · Located Holyhead, Anglesey