eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

5 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

It's definitely possible to insure a foreign plated car, I have done it.  The owned by someone else is the issue I suppose.

Couldn't you get around that by answering the question, 'Is it registered in your name?' 

'It soon will be'.

That's what I did with the Y10, but it moved on before I ever got the V5.

2 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Does that not violate a wide selection of EU laws?

It probably does, but someone would have to bring it up as a case in the ECJ if they wanted the EU to help them change that rule. Until then, non-resident purchasers of pasta wagons realistically have to send a bloke with a trailer and buy the car 'for export' out of Italy.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Really amazed that something as awful as a BSA Starfire is worth anything at all. Just the sort of bike that used to get dumped in laybys next to twin-tub washing machines and monochrome TVs.  Why? because bikes like the excellant Suzuki 100 happened.

53 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Really amazed that something as awful as a BSA Starfire is worth anything at all. Just the sort of bike that used to get dumped in laybys next to twin-tub washing machines and monochrome TVs.  Why? because bikes like the excellant Suzuki 100 happened.

They must have  been sodding awful if a Suzuki A100 is excellent by comparison then! Thee little Jap things are a good enough bike though, perhaps not the most exciting thing on wheels but have the right amount of strokes.

Meanwhile, in Shrewsbury...

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Viva-1971-for-spares-collection-only-Shrewsbury-great-patina/283970542186?hash=item421df69a6a:g:PPgAAOSwNK5fLA4u

If it's the same lad running that garage who had it around 20 years ago, he's a grand bloke.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bmw-bbq/283970522359?hash=item421df64cf7:g:B8AAAOSwBOpfLATj

'... and car charger as well which is not included in the sale' 

Pfft, I'm sure the  price of the 'car' reflects this.

£900. Reserve not met.

Thou Wot M8' | Classical Art Meme on ME.ME

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-P-reg-VW-Polo-1-4-SE-3-Door/164324451653?hash=item2642802545:g:ZeUAAOSwl7JfK~gM

The roof looks like how I'd imagine Jordan's minge does. Pink, scabby and with someone hanging out of it.

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

To export a car from Italy search for Escursionisti Ester These are temporary export plates. They no doubt come with a load of headache paper work.

I think these are something else.  You need a targa provvisoria. 

I have done some research.

From 1/1/2020 the rules changed.

Any italian car must have an mot (revisione) less than 6 months old. No mot or mot older than 6 months no documents for export will be issued. I believe this is to stop lots of fraudulent exports to africa etc.

The old owner applies to export the car, documents are issued stating car is to be permanently exported and both registration plates are handed back. This part costs about €80.

The car could now be loaded on trailer snd taken away, previous owner is happy as he is no longer liable for ownership taxes.

But you Johny Foreigner want to drive it home. As usual here in italy precise info is lacking.  Somebody must request temporary reg plates ( targa provvisoria) to be able to get insurance and use car for one purpose only, drive out of the country !

So far i can not understand if a foreigner can ask for these temporary plates.

Buying through a dealer would be easier as the dealer could apply for the temp plates.

Before the rule change ( pre 2020)is was easier as you could request export after car was taken abroad, i.e. car already driven to uk on italian original plates if old owner was ok about it and trusted you to send plates back. NOT ANYMORE.

I will try to find out more info , or set up a autoshite panda export agency myself.

2 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

I "almost" bought a military thing in Sweden with the plan to drive it back on Swedish export plates.

There are companies that will insure a vehicle on a chassis number, Footman James springs to mind.

My plan was to drive it to Denmark and get a ferry to Harwich, just to avoid the Ffrench.

Three more children changed my plans a bit.

You had three more children in the time it took to plan a collection mission to Sweden?  Impressive!  :grinning-smiley-043: