eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Snipes said:

Not sure about the wheels on that one. I don't know if they're standard on an Opel GSI but they look odd to me.

Most probably off a Mk1 Cavalier Coupe or Gl spec saloon.  The offset is totally wrong, I can remember a Vauxhall bullitin back in the day warning of the dangers of putting rwd spec wheels on to Astras Cavaliers and Novas because of differences. 

bd2946a23266f1030fb170dea698a957.jpg

27 minutes ago, The Vicar said:

I had no idea that these existed in estate flavour. That is fantastic. They are such good looking cars. 

I had an 'R' reg when it was about 5 years old, I bought it from my dad who owned it from new. Almost the same as the one in the ad, with the addition of heated beige electric leather seats/interior. It wasn't mega fast and it would never better 30mpg but it was mega reliable and an effortless long distance car. The load space was a good size too, unlike many modern 'estates'. I sold it on eBay for much more than I thought it would go for, an Asian guy came to collect it with a relative and they ended up arguing in the street over who was going to have it.

TL;DR. I had one, it was ace.

As a younger bloke, I offered up a set of RWD Cavalier 1 Rostyles to my FWD Cavalier 2. The Mk 1 had bolts protruding from the hub that you hung the wheel on, and it fastened in place with nuts. The Mk 2 located on a centre spigot thing and you bolted it in place. Even to my untrained eye, it looked a dodgy swap, so I didn't.

i had one of these, it was by a wide margin the crappest car ive ever owned:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicles/kia-magentis-2l-/1360292680

$_86.JPG

so why the fucking fuck am i looking at this and thinking wantage????

five and a quarter.

Things you don't expect to see painted on the back of a van, part 2,627.3: An anteater eating a dildo

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-Dodge-Mini-Ram-3ltr-V6-Custom-van/123997695565?hash=item1cded6ae4d:g:Y5cAAOSwGEFd5jyx

This is ace

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RML2543-1966-Routemaster-Iveco-London-Transport-Double-Decker-Vintage-Bus/372865582664?hash=item56d0854648:g:kG8AAOSw8o1d6UtW

'currently fitted with an Iveco engine'

What a steaming great big pile of shit. Scrap it immediately.

41 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

This is ace

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RML2543-1966-Routemaster-Iveco-London-Transport-Double-Decker-Vintage-Bus/372865582664?hash=item56d0854648:g:kG8AAOSw8o1d6UtW

'currently fitted with an Iveco engine'

What a steaming great big pile of shit. Scrap it immediately.

you mean, scrap the engine then give the rest of the bus to @Yoss who im sure has an AEC AV590 or 2 lying around from previous Routemaster ownership right? :mrgreen:

sadly in the 1990s pretty much every RML  (apart from RML903 (the last of the 24 Prototype RMLs) RML900 (one involved in an accident written off by LT but bought by clydeside scottish and put back on the road) and RML2760 the last Routemaster off the production line)

was "refurbished" with new Cummins and Iveco engines along with new interior seat fabric and lighting (most curiously American T12 single pin slimline tube fixtures, I still wonder how they especially individual enthusiasts/owners get tubes for those fixtures!)

so most RMLs no longer have their original AEC AV590 engines, unless refitted in preservation

(I always thought it would be fun to "build" an RML with a High speed diff and an AV690 engine for a high speed RML, a bit like an RCL but open back platform and city appearance still)

also that number plate is spectacular, where's the shite number plate thread when you need it! never seen a number "plate' peel before LOL