Yoss

Home made pick ups.

34 minutes ago, JeeExEll said:

3JW3cQf.jpg

Possibly factory-issue Humber Super Snipe? Looks like a working vehicle. There are pics of a similar silver one (but different rear wheelarches) on the net.

Possibly wrong but I think I remember reading that these were intended for oil companies to use in the desert. I'd love one, are any left? 

That's an interesting one.. absolutely seamless* conversion ! 
Got to love the sliding door runner along the side of the pickup. 
But surely three filler caps are a bit OTT  ?  ..these Chryslers aren't that bad a gas-guzzler  
The two filler flaps may be standard equipment on the donor pick up - an F150 local to me has two, the forward one being used for the filler of the inevitable LPG conversion

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Possibly wrong but I think I remember reading that these were intended for oil companies to use in the desert. I'd love one, are any left? 

That very picture appears in the book "Roads to Oblivion" by Christopher Balfour with the caption "Pick-up version of Mk IV Super Snipe built for Middle East oil companies and others". 

19 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

3JW3cQf.jpg

Possibly factory-issue Humber Super Snipe? Looks like a working vehicle. There are pics of a similar silver one (but different rear wheelarches) on the net.

There was an article in Classic Van and Pick-up a couple of months ago about Humbers. 

A Humber collector on the IoM couldn't find a pick up, after searching for years, so recreated

two. Allegedly there were 200 Mk111's followed by 200 Mk1V's made. The Mk1V's  had the wider body 

which is why the rear arches are different. Further research found that maybe only five were actually

built.

9 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

So gents and ladies, are we in agreement that trying to retain the angle of the original rear window is a bad idea?

The E3 with the small rear side window works better than the one with a big blank pillar.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:42 PM, chodweaver said:

The two filler flaps may be standard equipment on the donor pick up - an F150 local to me has two, the forward one being used for the filler of the inevitable LPG conversion

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I was only jesting chod

Given the roof is a stressed member and it hasn't snapped, that Avenger must have rebar and concrete in the sills!  IIRC, the contemporary advice was that even fitting a sunroof wasn't a great plan...