2019 calendar - *** in the mail ***

pshome

Safely arrived up the road!

post-17915-0-73541400-1549469310_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for all the heroic efforts and arse-numbing admin once again!

Pics of your laden bike heading north were truly a sight to behold...

EDIT: yeah, mine also had the envelope torn a fair bit, though again no damage to the calendar inside. Can only presume Royal Mail are conducting trials of their new improved Shred-o-matic at Newry sorting office.

I'm guessing mine's at the sorting office, as had card through door when I got home from work. Our posties bend nothing.

Note to self - read the card. It's in the outhouse, m9. Found it today. Luckily I didn't present the card at the sorting office. First time they've ever done that - new postie with some common sense shocker

Now has pride of place in the kitchen

It actually arrived several days ago but it was *cunningly placed underneath a large pile of papers on the sideboard; receipt acknowledged or something, envelope nibbled slightly around the edges by whatever paper-eating beast the RM use for mincing correspondence but the calendrical device is unharmed.

For those with minced envelopes: I'm wondering if the latest batch of board backed envelopes are slightly inferior to the last lot. This combined with the spiral binding (which should have been at the bottom edge of each envelope) is probably prone to damage.

Any more arrivals?

Mine was torn on the side away from the spiral binding, it could have been from being fed through my letter box tbh there are a couple of rough bits.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely shocking that An Post was so fucking slow on this occasion. It was sent two days before everyone else's from Ireland!

post-19900-0-36702100-1551420230_thumb.jpg

Sincerest apologies that you didn't get a (short) month of looking at a pair of Invacars.

Did the envelope survive the month in transit?

post-19900-0-42103300-1551420481_thumb.png

(3-7 days me hole.)