Crap headlights

Bren

The headlights on my D1 are great!  Check your voltage at the plug and remove the dim-dip resistor...

Already done on both counts (suspect the voltage with fans on etc drops though), they are just crap. Was out last night in torrential rain, unlit roads and they were barely even lighting up the rain droplets in front of them!, They are "OK" on full beam, but no more.

Would fit a direct draw harness to them and some Nightbreakers, but tbh the disco only has a few month left in it before heading to a breakers so not worth it.

That sidelight looks bright, the indicators would be blinding!

Your h/lamps must be nearly as dim as those 6v 30w ones I had on the Traction, with desilvered reflectors. On a bright moonlit night, they were only just visible.

It's a lovely-looking CX, which engine?

Only just noticed the singular sidelight!

Base 2 litre without PAS, heavy going in town!

Only just noticed the singular sidelight!

Base 2 litre without PAS, heavy going in town!

Lovely - any underbonnet and interior shots? Is it running narrower 175r14s on the rear?

I adore base model big Cits. Very nearly bought an ID19 from the mid-60s once, utter perfection (apart from the dodgy welding to they sills). I was driving a very basic 2500D Safari at the time in metallic blue with brown plastic-leather seats.

In car terms the worst I've ever had was an XM, which has been covered above.  I used to visit @Talbot in rural Dorset quite often at the time and I remember driving back late at night relying more on the sat-nav to warn me of upcoming bends than the lights.  It also had a recurring fault with the brake lights so you were in danger both coming and going, as it were.

The absolute most terrifying experience, though, was my Honda Vision moped.

I bought it to commute on when I was working shifts so used it at all times of day and night, and left the lamp on all the time (be safe, be seen).  My route to work was well-lit but once, just once, I rode it at night on an unlit road.

It was absolutely fucking terrifying.  There was a bit when I couldn't see a thing, then I became aware of a car approaching from behind which was scary because I didn't think he'd see me, then it was better because I could see where I was going from his headlamps but worse because he was obviously really impatient to get somewhere and sitting about half an inch from my numberplate.

Never rode it at night again (except to work along the well-lit route).

You are Valerie Singleton AICMFP.

attachicon.gif51laA0szHUL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Apparently Valerie was a bit of a goer , She was dating Michael Aspel decades ago, he said he was doing a show live on the radio, looked up and she was giving him a flash of her boobs the other side of the glass

After having cars with HID and LED headlights I'm realising just how bad halogen lights really are, they're terrible on the transit , really yellow

Thinking about rigging up a 100W spotlight on my parcel shelf to shine in tailgaters' faces. Suspect there is some potential legal issues if one of the pricks dies tho.

I've got a dash cam mounted to the back window pointing out, most folk that come tearing up behind back off but if not almost all will with a flash or two of the hazards.

There are a few twats who then do it worse/take no notice but they're very much in the minority.

I've been driving my parents' car lately and after a couple of days thought "why is almost everyone right up my arse"? No camera. Using those roadside things that show your speed and a thank you/barate you message show about 28 MPH at an indicated 30 so about what would be expected.

I don't go all YouTube on them though. Just can't be bothered with being hassled for sticking to limits.

I’ve got a rear dashcam too but I couldn’t honestly say it’s made any difference. In the West Midlands that just seems to be how people drive - like cunts. Occasionally a car will suddenly back off as if he’s just noticed he’s on candid camera but the evidence is anecdotal at best.

Up until now I’ve never had cause (been arsed) to actually download any footage from them.