Jump to content
Wilko220

New members, introduce yourself here.

Recommended Posts

On 10/26/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tom C said:

Hello. My name is Tom and I have a problem........

Currently my car fleet has just a 1988 BX TRS estate which is pretty tame compared to some of you fine people however I also have a collection of buses as well. Currently this incorporates a 1981 Leyland Olympian/ECW,  1983 Leyland Titan, 1984 MCW Metrobus and a 1986 Leyland Olympian/ECW.

As you can imagine, I live in a world of dodgy electrics, rust and poverty.

Please help me!

 

 

Hi, welcome along. Even without the buses, being a BX owner you'll fit right in here. Nothing on here will seem odd to someone running a thirty year old Citroen. 

There is a bus shite thread for you to show off your fleet. Love to see the Titan, less so the Metrobus. But some people will be of the opposite persuasion. There was always a bit of a Titan/Metrobus rivalry in London in the 80s, you weren't allowed to like both so fair play for having both. To be honest I'd be very happy if a Metrobus turned up now but at the time I was very much in the Titan camp. Anyway I look forward to hearing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tom C said:

Well, here goes.............

476.thumb.jpg.ebaf5489d9de8057229b29d70a0891fc.jpg

Firstly, here is XWY476X, new to West Riding then purchased by Metrobus of Orpington (my interest) for use on their extensive Croydon network. Also spent time on the Isle of Man, this very well travelled old girl ended up with Confidence of Leicester before I took her on last year, She runs very well and is actually quite presentable. Seats need a retrim and a repaint but all in all, a very tidy old girl

747.thumb.jpg.536b9d925953455bdca93d0a79c3588c.jpg

Next is, T747 (OHV747Y), new to Gillingham Street garage in 1983 and decorated in a special gold livery to celebrate London Transport's golden jubilee. After the initial year of stardom, she settled down to a mundane career, passing though Camberwell, Catford, Muswell Hill, Finchley,  and               Bexleyheath garages, She is preserved as you see her.

12973449_10154098670263894_414702050584164129_o.thumb.jpg.6e48986c05c64133db28c42a7f3a0abb.jpg

My first buy was former LT M1100 (B100WUL), a 1984 MCW Metrobus. Unlike most LT Metrobuses, this beast was equipped with a Cummins L10 engine from new and is the only survivor of the batch. She is seen here on her first outing after being renovated at the East Grinstead running day a couple of years ago

771218779_150Hastings.thumb.jpg.f819fcdac7ffbfdaa857b70a5a3f641f.jpg

And finally,,,,,,,,,,here is the last member of the bus fleet. Former LT L150 (D150FYM). She spent her entire London career in South London working out of Norwood and Thornton Heath garages. She is pretty tired and needs quite a bit of work which will be starting before the end of the year. She is seen here in Hastings on her first run in my ownership, Sadly, it was found that the 6LXB engine is breathing rather badly which will mean a rebuild is needed along with work on the tired bodywork.

110878240_BXreal.jpg.bc0773795dc729e3c5ea96b158c65fab.jpg

And here is the car..........currently at Chevronics in Hitchin. She has had a lot of work done and is ready for me to take back which will be in the next couple of weeks. She is MOT'd and had extensive work done. Still needs a respray down the road and also will need a sill done for the next MOT.

So there we are.............thats the lot!

what a lovely fleet :) 

as someone who is a London bus enthusiast im always happy to see some more London Transport stuff on here :)

I look forward to reading more about it!

(and the citroen BX is nice too :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I'm new and I've got no idea what to put here.

 

Have a picture of the 2000 CR-V I drive. It's been in my family since new and has clocked up over 135,000 miles and it's still going reasonably strong. I've also got a 2003 MG ZR 160 and a 2014 Hyundai i20 but those probably aren't as interesting!

87bf122872.jpg

There are plans for something a lot more Autoshite worthy however, but whether they come into fruition is a completely different question!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MKT said:

Hello all, I'm new and I've got no idea what to put here.

 

Have a picture of the 2000 CR-V I drive. It's been in my family since new and has clocked up over 135,000 miles and it's still going reasonably strong. I've also got a 2003 MG ZR 160 and a 2014 Hyundai i20 but those probably aren't as interesting!

87bf122872.jpg

There are plans for something a lot more Autoshite worthy however, but whether they come into fruition is a completely different question!

Welcome, that's a chodtastic Honda you have. I'd be interested to hear more about the MG too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Welcome, that's a chodtastic Honda you have. I'd be interested to hear more about the MG too. 

Glad you like the Honda, the ZR is a 5 door rally car (being a 5 door makes it more Autoshite worthy right? 😉). I bought it last year and it had previously been sitting unused for about two an a half years. It's a fantastic car and has turned me into a bit of a Rover tragic. I reckon it's on about 82k miles (odo stopped working at 77) and is nearly mechanically stock. Since I've owned it it's had a new clutch and new starter motor. Despite their reputation the engine has been probably the most reliable part of the car.

e0c8234f73.jpg

 

And don't blame me for that door square placement, that's the work of a previous owner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MKT said:

Glad you like the Honda, the ZR is a 5 door rally car (being a 5 door makes it more Autoshite worthy right? 😉). I bought it last year and it had previously been sitting unused for about two an a half years. It's a fantastic car and has turned me into a bit of a Rover tragic. I reckon it's on about 82k miles (odo stopped working at 77) and is nearly mechanically stock. Since I've owned it it's had a new clutch and new starter motor. Despite their reputation the engine has been probably the most reliable part of the car.

e0c8234f73.jpg

 

And don't blame me for that door square placement, that's the work of a previous owner!

bit of rally cross?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, stuboy said:

bit of rally cross?

Nah stage rallying, car itself has done quite well on Welsh road rallies in the hands of a previous owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 2:37 AM, RazorSix said:

Failed a driving test in one of these... probably before you were born. Failed for undue hesitancy at a junction. Tried to explain to the examiner that it didn't have the guts to pull the skin off a cold rice pudding and i wished to survive the day, but he wasn't having any of it. Expected me to shoot 4 lanes of traffic in one hit in a car made from recycled coke cans with an engine that would have struggled to propel a lawnmower down the grass verge... 

Has it got terminal tinworm yet? 

Not yet! Although doing 80 miles a day over winter might take its toll...

Either way, bloody good fun. 

What kind of Metro were you driving? A-Series or K-Series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning guys 

Joined the forum a while back but for some weird reason offshore I never received the confirmation email , anyway that’s all sorted now . I stumbled upon this awesome website from a post on PistonHeads ( sick of all the bitching and general bell ended behaviour of some guys ) and I must say that this truly is a breath of fresh air .

I never actually realised that when I was in the motor trade shitter motors were my staple diet as all I ever ran too and from work was 5-600quid trade ins .

Love the collection stories on here 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow shiters! I’m Erickson and I’m from Portugal. 
I came to know this fine space after watching a HubNut video of the Shitefest and loved the idea since I am a fan of shite cars because I can’t afford better ones 😅

My current fleet is:

1990 Rover 414 GSi

1996 Ford Fiesta 1.3

1998 BMW 520i 

I’ve been using the Rover and the BMW regularly but the Fiesta has been parked in my in-laws’ for four months because of legal reasons and nature and their dogs (check the scratched wings) were claiming it as they’re own. 
 

Cheers!

19D32D39-C22F-482A-B5C9-34255243C7FC.jpeg

18B32F01-4641-4498-8BD7-79C45B356DB7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Quasimoto said:

Old timer car enthusiast / owner of a 1995 Suzuki Baleno 1.6 from West Sussex. Never knew these cars existed till recently.

Fitted Subaru induction kit / mini peco exhaust and this week a set of mk1 MX5 alloys and as there dont seem to be many parts to modify them its a matter of searching for bits that can be modified or altered in some way / great budget car that does 45 mpg / use Shell v max to give it an easier life

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 8:13 PM, Quasimoto said:

Old timer car enthusiast / owner of a 1995 Suzuki Baleno 1.6 from West Sussex. Never knew these cars existed till recently.

welcome quasimoto,  wonder where u moved to after notre dame fire...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 7:37 AM, scorchio69 said:

Good morning guys 

Joined the forum a while back but for some weird reason offshore I never received the confirmation email , anyway that’s all sorted now . I stumbled upon this awesome website from a post on PistonHeads ( sick of all the bitching and general bell ended behaviour of some guys ) and I must say that this truly is a breath of fresh air .

I never actually realised that when I was in the motor trade shitter motors were my staple diet as all I ever ran too and from work was 5-600quid trade ins .

Love the collection stories on here 

welcome along scorchio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, Twin-Cam said:

Not yet! Although doing 80 miles a day over winter might take its toll...

Either way, bloody good fun. 

What kind of Metro were you driving? A-Series or K-Series?

I think it was what was called the A+ at the time. We're talking 1989 here. Pretty sure the k-series wasn't on the road then. Strangely enough i liked the car. Had a hankering for an MG version for a while. Still, I seem to remember wanting an MG 1300GT (Austin 1300), in red, with a black roof at one point. I was only 15 at the time. It took another 8 years before i experienced a Metro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RazorSix said:

I think it was what was called the A+ at the time. We're talking 1989 here. Pretty sure the k-series wasn't on the road then. Strangely enough i liked the car. Had a hankering for an MG version for a while. Still, I seem to remember wanting an MG 1300GT (Austin 1300), in red, with a black roof at one point. I was only 15 at the time. It took another 8 years before i experienced a Metro. 

Just wondering which engine because the K-Series ones have a stupid power increase over the A-Series ones, despite mine being a 1.1, it's 60 bhp and is really quite lively once you get moving.

Momentum is everything though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I'm Dan and I initially found this site quite through chance, and having lurked for a while and liked what I read, signed up. I like both modern cars, and older shite, as well as planes, trains and sometimes even buses too. I have a 2006 1.6 pez Focus, which has only done 74k but currently has a nigh-on impossible to fix heater issue just in time for winter! I'll start a thread on it if people are interested in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, I'm Michael and I'm from Stourbridge. For those of you without access to a map, that's just 13 miles outside of Birmingham. I'm the proud owner of a 1998 Toyota Corolla E11, a 2010 Peugeot 107, a 1976 Lada 2101 and a 2001 Rover 25 pretending to be an MG ZR. The Rover is only on the fleet to provide seats and an engine to the Lada.

I've wanted to join the site for absolutely ages but it's only now that registration has been open. So to be accepted is like christmas for me! 

Film photography is a hobby of mine, which means I can explore crappy old soviet cameras too. Here's a photo of my Corolla, taken on a FED-3 Rangefinder camera, using Kodak VR1000 35mm film which expired in 1984. 

22-06-19_Kodak_VR1000_001.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Hi all,

I'm Dan and I initially found this site quite through chance, and having lurked for a while and liked what I read, signed up. I like both modern cars, and older shite, as well as planes, trains and sometimes even buses too. I have a 2006 1.6 pez Focus, which has only done 74k but currently has a nigh-on impossible to fix heater issue just in time for winter! I'll start a thread on it if people are interested in it?

Welcome to a fellow Focus owner. I'd be interested in hearing more about yours. Mine is a 1.8tdci estate, 07 reg now on 190k. More details on the Eyerseys Motoring Adventures thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loserone said:

And scanned in with a potato and a warm oven?

 

'rola looks hot, would!

That's the perils of expired film. If it's not stored properly it gets all grainy and shitty like that. But I heard Instagram are going to release a filter like that, so I'm ahead of the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

Welcome to a fellow Focus owner. I'd be interested in hearing more about yours. Mine is a 1.8tdci estate, 07 reg now on 190k. More details on the Eyerseys Motoring Adventures thread. 

Always good to see other Focus owners! I've started a thread on mine, having had a read through yours. Yours is certainly a bit of a trooper, but that 1.8TDCi is a tough old beast. As I say, despite mine being a bit older than yours, its done nearly 120k fewer miles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...