Daft tyre names

Split_Pin

Probably a lot of Chinese tyres from the same factory. Tell them you want say 50,000 called Deathtrap and they'll put that name on the side for you.

See this with a lot of stuff, same design different name.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Could we all save up and have a load of Autoshite branded tyres made?

"Happy assuredly death ring" is a nice name. Wonder if they could do remould crossplies for the added lolz?

May be just ignorance and the fact that it appears as an expensive inconvenience to have to replace tyres. Poor maintenance and heavy driving wear them out fast adding to the ‘grumble factor’ of these sorts of people.

I am noticing more and more ‘Illegal’ and often, bald, tyres on parked cars locally. Chances of being stopped by the law are so low adds to the ignorance of the importance of their tyres.

At our local tyre emporium in Tenby the proprietor used to jokingly ask as one turned up with ones shite motor; “Maximum amount of tread for the minimum money, yes?”

Squirrel2

even 15 years ago I dont think you'd get away with it, but now it seems like running follicly-challenged rubber is something people can get away with. Seems like quite a lot 2-3 year old motors around with bald tyres. Saw a 15 plate Audi parked the other day with the steering on full lock and a utterly knackered, canvas coming through, tyre on full display. No traffic old bill = no fucks given by some.

Champiro anyone?

I've used these before on my Scimitar and my Dads Fiesta. Not the worst but I was coming from fucked tyres in both cases and neither were cars that spent much time challenging the limits of adhesion. 

I've just come across this in my photo collection when looking for something else.  I can see the TV advertising campaign now.

post-24362-0-05783000-1520634731_thumb.jpg

Are you Spanish?  Do you want to dress up in silly clothes and stab angry bulls with a big sword?  Oh yes sir, the car for you is a CITROEN ZX with MATADOR tyres!

unless they are Michelins, which are pure, unadulterated shit

My former Skoda, Cougar and 205 all drove beautifully on Michelin asymmetric tyres. The only Michelins I will avoid in the future are Crossclimates. Road noise is that appalling you think all 4 wheel bearings have failed at once. I had them fitted to the Saab when I picked it up 3 years ago, along with some budgets on the front (Centara?).

3 turds on one car - the 4th was so perished you couldn't read it

25952539317_ec93f90345_z.jpg20180315_111650 by RS, on Flickr

39929332825_99ebad5803_k.jpg20180315_111631 by RS, on Flickr

26954397478_071080a77f_k.jpg20180315_111619 by RS, on Flickr

And

26954387758_11a99df688_k.jpg20180315_104932 by RS, on Flickr

40115029974_8431bcf8fa_k.jpg20180315_104924 by RS, on Flickr

26954383888_d762975f3a_k.jpg20180315_104912 by RS, on Flickr

39014059090_7116e95935_k.jpg20180315_104842 by RS, on Flickr

Taken from an Autotrader ad.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Actually, I don't want my BMW 316i Touring to behave like a land-yacht, thanks all the same.

.... apart from attracting nails + yacht like helm response during the recent 'slush-fest', MY Landsails maintain a remarkably decent pressure!

TS

Taken from an Autotrader ad.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Actually, I don't want my BMW 316i Touring to behave like a land-yacht, thanks all the same.

Got them [Landsail] on the rear of the Picasso and whilst not the best are certainly not the worst rubber I have ever had on car.

Certainly driving home from the Lakes last night in the sleet & wind they didnt have me squirming in my seat.

So I was out at the scout campsite I warden at, and I thought of Autoshite when I was clearing up the go-kart track. Because the perimeter is lined with decades old worn out tyres with some pretty funky brands....

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143352.jpg

#

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143340.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143324.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143317.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143120.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143056.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_143046.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170820_142940.jpg

Stunner ( Italian) were OK as were Tigar & Arrowspeed brand tyres.

Just budget brands that were acceptable everyday tyres for people who didnt hoon around like nutters or try and corner like Senna in the wet.

So I was out at the scout campsite I warden at, and I thought of Autoshite when I was clearing up the go-kart track. Because the perimeter is lined with decades old worn out tyres with some pretty funky brands....

Loving the Stunners, that Courier Steel isn't the brand but I'll be buggered if I can remember what it is!

I had Ceat Spiders on my Corolla. The guy in Kwikfit recommended them as they are owned by Pirelli and use older Pirelli design mounds in an Indian factory (apparently).

Made sense - after all the car was 12 years old so using a ten year old tyre design was merely putting it onto boots that were state of the art when the car was created.

I found them to be pretty decent all in all but a 1600 Automatic driven normally was never going to threaten adhesion limits. If I had a cheapy as a second runabout I wouldn't be too nervous about using them. That said looking at the Tyreleader site, they aren't that cheap these days and their ratings are only average. For the same money I could get a Uniroyal so....

Ceat are still about I think, a local eccentric has them on his battered Jimny, that has a wing the wrong colour and some Weller steels, like a modern day fucked SJ410.

That said the tyres might have come with the Wellers...

(He also has a tidy, resprayed A reg Applejack Mini with a 1275, centre exit exhuast, colour matched arches, stripped interior and single bucket seat, black Revolution wheels, Lucas reversing lamp, mustache bar/driving lights, and two metallic blue racing stripes down the middle. It's not quite as bad as it sounds!)