What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

9 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

You've got to have a head that zips up the back to pay that for tyres.

Yeah, fuck that I'd just stretch some 205/50/15s on and use the remaining £8650 to pay that company to post dogshit through the letterbox of anyone who moaned about it.

EDIT: In fact look at this, you can get A RANGE of tyres in literally millimeters different size for £100 - £269 each,  which would be absolutely impercieveably different and a damn site better than running round on 6 year old tyres.

https://camskill.co.uk/m54b0s13116p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_17_inch_R17_inch_-_315_70_17_315_70R17

What a fucking brain donor

9 hours ago, Wack said:

I wonder if the warehouse owner and his girlfriend lasted as long 

20211114_234527.thumb.jpg.703bfb14e089b427e26f83d9f7782f63.jpg

The chap was murdered by his own son in 2014 and the shop is no more, I'm led to believe!

The booze cruise is still somewhat plausible now, even post-Brexit the limits are not too low (about 5 cases of beer, 4 cases of wine, 4 litres of spirits or 9 litres of weaker stuff and 200 cigs per person) - not worth going in a car on your own any more really, but if there's 2 or more people in your car, or you're happy to do it for a laugh/the experience, it's still worth the trip, particularly if you're down that end of the country anyway. About £49 on a day return with P&O at the moment. Bit more expensive for me as have to factor in a tank of petrol and a hotel, doing Nottingham to Calais and back in one hit is not fun. Depending on covid/other things, I'm definitely planning on another trip in the next couple of months.

5 hours ago, myglaren said:

Just had one of my grandsons over - just taken his test, passed first time.

Put me on his insurance and saved himself £250 :)

And unfortunately his car won't start.  It has stood for months waiting for him to get his licence.  His mother used to go to work with him driving then bring the car back, the go for him in the evening and he drive back.  Unfortunately she is in hospital so it hasn't been used in ages.

I charged the battery for him a couple of weeks ago. and to be on the safe side he also bought a new one.  Flattened it trying to start the car.  I couldn't see what was wrong and he has had someone out to look at it - seized alternator.

Just now, myglaren said:

You would be correct.

Is this a common problem with them?

Indeed especially if the puntos been sat for a little while, choice of 3 or 4 types fitted depending on the spec of car,  sometimes the casings crack making a recon alt the expensive option as you dont get surcharge back as its beyond repair. 

Thats where the new chinesium units come in handy from companys like hella/wai/fahren/rollco and many others that just re box the things. 

7 minutes ago, myglaren said:

^ Sounds like good news. :(

Thanks though.  Best to be aware.  And avoid ECP.

If its yourself fitting it, its Worth getting the old one off first to get some numbers off the back to check before you order online / at a motor factors.

If you get stuck, pm me a reg on wednesday and ill look on the system at work and get you some part numbers.

1 hour ago, Andyrew said:

If its yourself fitting it, its Worth getting the old one off first to get some numbers off the back to check before you order online / at a motor factors.

If you get stuck, pm me a reg on wednesday and ill look on the system at work and get you some part numbers.

Thanks for that.

It won't be me doing it unfortunately.  A few years ago but getting a bit too creaky for such exertions now.

He has someone coming to see it about now, if he doesn't go with them I'll have my mechanic look at it tomorrow.

just watching the hornby thing on yesterday and theyre talking to the chap who has a set/diorama where he has cars lined up (in period)

a scrapyard

and cars running up and down - turned it over after watching something else turned back he was back on and the cars going down the road (pulled by little brass tangs under the road

mk3 capri chased by an sd1 :D and boxes for the capri to crash thru :D

LOLZ

you lot have probably seen him before