What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guest Leonard Hatred
Tickets to see this chappie, Devin Townsend, turned up yesterday.

Saturday 26th @ O2 Islington, and I can't feckin' wait!!!

NICE 1.

I used to listen to Strapping Young Lad a lot but didn't really get into the Devin Townsend Project much.

Spent the day in London today, somehow walked all the way from Wandsworth Town station to Raynes Park station, which was a long one. Never go to Raynes park if you plan to go home via Woking by the way.

Anyway, I spotted a HUGE amount of shite, including, what could be regarded, as my dream car. Those of you familiar with my flickr will know what I am on about.

Also, anyone after a 1994 Rover 800 Saloon with tax and test? There is one for sale in London for £375, I have the numbers to call if you are interested.

Is it supposed to have four on each foot?

My cat used to go missing for long lengths of time. Then one day I saw it staring at me from a neighbour's window, quite content with it's selfish, cheating, mercenary ways. It disappeared one day, and never came back.

C4 is almost* vibration free thanks to the ministrations of Pete-M's tame wheel balancer. On the way back through Edge Hill I bobbed into Maplins and managed to bag a 100W 110V inverter for half price. Tried it out on the Zenith racetrack that arrived recently, and it works! Picked up Five Live, and freed off the wibbly dial that sticks sometimes.

Then the bonus. Plugged the H751 in, the one which I bought years ago from a tat shop in Maine. The one I thought was shagged because I couldn't get a signal in the States. Well, that only fugging works as well! Does FM as well as AM. It is slightly weird listening to Tears for Fears on a fifties radio.

Not selling it now :D

*we should have got him to do the rear wheels as well. The OSF was 40g out and the NSF, 20g. The fact that three separate garages (one of which was a respected alignment \ tracking centre, said the muffin man) couldn't balance the bloody things does worry me slightly. Stick on weights definitely not for the win. As we left the rears alone because Paul was chocka, my arse is wobbling a bit now. The fact that the balancing has been out for so long invariably now means a rod bush \ track rod will have gone West. There's a 'clunk' at low speeds combined with a weird writhing through the wheel if you swivel it quickly.

In other news......

1. Sh*ck Radio have replied. There's a NEWS MEETING. Yes.

2. The girl who was being an arse apologised.

3. Key 103 want me in for a placement.

4. The group we want to film for our project have got back to us. They want us to film on Wednesday.

5. The head of year admitted our Video Journalism tutor is an arse.

FITNESS \ RESULT.

What is a C4 in Watanabe-speak? It means a Mk4 Corvette here.

DSC01514.jpg

A moderately pish, one owner from new French hatchback with a diesel engine. The source of much pain and misery to my good self.

castlecombe177.jpg

Here I is, driving it at the Combe.

...and C4 here in Northern Ireland

PIC_1550_t.jpg

Yeah, but which is fastest?

1. Norm's Corvette?

2. Wat's Citroen?

3. Ashmicro's boom - plastic?

Only one way to find out........

FIIIIIIIGHT.

I passed a metallic blue C6 and a lovely BRG Montego saloon on the way back from work today. Probably about as common as each other now, which is amusing given that not so very long ago they were selling more Montegos in a week than Citroën sell C6's in a year. It more than made up for my having seen not one but two Mini Cuntrymen today, having successfully avoided seeing any in the flesh up til now.

My new house has a leaky roof. Why on earth is this in the grin thread? Because I went up on the flat roof yesterday with my landlady's dad to see if we could see the problem, and a previous tenant had left at the top of the stairs.... the complete plastic grille from a Ford Cargo! How random is that?

I have fond memories of the 0813 Cargo I used to drive on the produce.... :D

IM037431-1.jpg

this made me grin this morning

ronnie and reggie on A691 :D

unfortunately ron & reg are stood outside the Blind Begger

reg wouldnt have gone in the Blind Begger with or without a Mauser, he didnt like Watneys

incidently heres a pic of Cornells motor outside next morning after the shooting

dvla computer says no

Cornellscaroutsideblindbegger.jpg