Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
56 minutes ago, 320touring said:

Danger boat

PXL_20261003_110310994.jpg.90be0dbff22e560c460fd050566bf4a1.jpg

Flying train action

PXL_20261003_1108205922.jpg.0f87cdb8398bd399a35bd68fe6be119b.jpg

Edinburgh must be the richest city in the world. Can’t think of anywhere else with a spare suspension bridge just for buses and  Lycra enthusiasts.

  • Haha 3
Posted

Destination Adventure is one of my favorite YouTube channels, and I’ve spent many enjoyable hours watching him explore abandoned places in Western Canada. This summer season, he is in Eastern Canada and is currently exploring Newfoundland. And this has to be one of the best I’ve seen in a while. Driving into a bay on a remote island off Newfoundland, a abandon cathedral is the last thing you’d expect to see, and while exploring the island, and he finds the remains of a old stone church in the forrest with a large cemetery.

Things like this are so fascinating.

  • Like 2
Posted
4 hours ago, myglaren said:

 

Took me ages

GXnGi83.jpeg

Looked at the forks, looked away still forks. Scrolled down, looked at boat, Scrolled up saw it instantly. 😎 Can now see both easily.

Posted

Went over to my mates and fixed his touran. Rear abs sensor had gone. Was my first time changing one... 

20261003_154404.jpg.875b2fc58ffadd8cf0463a78181cef34.jpg

Old one was a bastard to remove. I found taking the caliper off and having the disc loose meant I could see the sensor poking out. Being very careful not to fuck the abs ring I got a big flathead in there and popped it back. Then a big screw and leverage to get the rest out! 

20261003_155915.jpg.b67cde334cf4e931c8ab4206a8863aae.jpg

New cheap ebay sensor in. That needed the edges filing down a bit on his garden wall but eventually slipped in. Plugged my code reader in, cleared the abs fault and it's fixed! His car is light free on the dash. 

Needs an mot now before something else goes wrong 😂 the front side lights have been causing issues, does it need special bulbs being vag? It lights up my random capless bulbs I've fitted but has thrown an error about it a bit (front left parking light. We fucked about swapping bulbs again earlier and it's working again now 🤷) 

Told him to ask the tester straight up if he can offer any advice on the tyre wear he has. Even if it doesn't fail the test if a bottom arm bush is going we'd rather change it now before wrecking another set of tyres in 9 months. 

Screenshot_20261003_170317.png.c4121fa5b3fff4bdbf768ffbe6bfdbfd.png

Screenshot_20261003_170323.png.66345bca8a2968dd3abdf013e0a3fd12.png

Car has many other lurking issues but none that are putting a light on the dash 😂🤷 

Posted

fucking lol at the border force chap

went through and he says where ya bin

bruges for a gig

not them on ya shirt (wearing crowded house world tour shirt)

nah

then preceded to spout on about gigs and people hed seen in aiport etc

he got the job of escorting springsteen from where they arrived out to his transport - hed been given 2 cds one just to sign one to sign with the guys name who was a huuuuge fan apparently - but working in a different bit that night

apparently bruce was a bit grumpy signing the first one and signs it bruce

explained about the second and becomes very grumpy :D but still signs it and to the chap

bruce doesnt do autographs apparently - they didnt know/werent warned

his alex ferguson story was good - slagging him off in 14 when moyes became manager - fergie came back through from somewhere and into immigration as it was then and got this guy 

'oi you - i know i know looked how it turned out' :D - cant believe he remembered me

he has a signed thing from fergie framed :D

was stood there half an hour mostly listening (couldnt get a word in :D )

had to go cos another flight musta come in it got busy again

grumpy cos its a long walk to that and after that but that made my day - good laugh

also doing that and having issues walking still got out to the tram and beat the train home

got to manc 1950 ish

got in 2110 ish

train was either 1917 or 2147

Posted

just watching the put a twink in a lada lotus fiddled top gear

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Posted

This morning I found some poetry notes I'd mostly forgotten about.  So I picked up one that consisted of two lines, and brought it up to sonnet length; I can probably regard that as finished now.  Then I dived into another that was little more than a title.  I've written what could be described as a poem, but I don't think it's what I wanted or intended it to be.  Oh well, back into it tonight or tomorrow probably.

  • Like 2
Posted

I've had some pain in the arse buyers, but nobody has given me as big of a red flag as this 😂 (it's a van my mate is selling)

image.png.4089fb74875292b618f8b5baa291d970.png

Asking about a 15 year old MOT advisory 😅 "via email so he has a record" 

Posted
4 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Asking about a 15 year old MOT advisory 😅 "via email so he has a record" 

I've never had an enquiry like that but surely they're not worth bothering with unless you really need the sale and nobody else has got in contact? Or maybe it's just me, I think I'm temperamentally incapable of handling an enquiry like that politely.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mr Livered said:

I've never had an enquiry like that but surely they're not worth bothering with unless you really need the sale and nobody else has got in contact? Or maybe it's just me, I think I'm temperamentally incapable of handling an enquiry like that politely.

If it was my van to sell I would have just replied "I don't think it's what you're looking for" and blocked him.

My mate was gonna take the time to answer his questions so as not to upset him, But I've talked him out of it.  This bloke is going to be a headache before he buys the van, and an even bigger headache after he buys it when something  goes wrong with it (which it will, being a 39 year old van)

Posted

caprese avocado toast

first thing they do is put sourdough bread in a frying pan

so its not toast then - even after she says the only way to make toast is in a skillet

well no.................

americans

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...