Volksy

Youtube moments

41 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

That guy does not wear any goggles when welding. ūüôĄ

I do like the way he cuts the metal after tack welding. But there is a minor problem with that method. If you have a double skin. Welding up the second skin can not be done the same way or you will end with a load of metal rattling around the body.

It was a double skinned pickup body and he did pull out a giant square after he did all the cutting and welding. My idea of "double skin" might be wrong though.

In other videos and in timelapses he uses welding goggles, but I too found it a bit erking to see no protection from the light and UV radiation in this one...

On 7/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Fumbler said:

It was a double skinned pickup body and he did pull out a giant square after he did all the cutting and welding. My idea of "double skin" might be wrong though.

In other videos and in timelapses he uses welding goggles, but I too found it a bit erking to see no protection from the light and UV radiation in this one...

He never did show how the inner bed side panel was welded. He had a lot of difficulty removing the spare metal from gap with the largish hole cut for this work.

1 minute ago, Remspoor said:

He never did show how the inner bed side panel was welded. He had a lot of difficulty removing the spare metal from gap with the largish hole cut for this work.

Indeed he didn't, but I suppose it didn't tie in with the video he wanted to make. He even said he'd take a grinder to the piece of metal he cut out in the void, and then decided to persevere with just bending it and pulling it out. Less effort than getting the tools out to make the job easier.

I'm enjoying this channel of late, he has loads of British shite but he's in the states. He's got some really nice stuff but still  seems to be compulsively buying fucked Land Rover Discovery's

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

I'm enjoying this channel of late, he has loads of British shite but he's in the states. He's got some really nice stuff but still  seems to be compulsively buying fucked Land Rover Discovery's

Yer but those red frog eyes ( to which I Posted a link to previously) is really something.

I thought this was pretty cool to see :) 

a short video on the production of those reproduction Peel P50's you can get today

I also used to watch a load of these how its made videos as a kid, so its neat to see they still make em!

sadly all these how its made videos are like 5 minutes long, do wish this one was longer!

its particularly interesting to see how the fibreglass body shell together, I never realised the gelcoat was literally brushed onto the inside of the mould like that! (but I guess it really does not matter how the gelcoat is applied since what you see on the completed car is the side that was up against the mould and obviously takes the exact shape of said mould so you dont have to worry about "paint" runs and things like you do when your just painting a car!)

Maybe you like the stuff Harry picks out, even if you don't just have look at what's in the background.

Well...... If he doesn't go all 'mainstream' (.... fitting a 20V) and needs that 'special hows ya father touch'.....

I will post up my P11 Primera bootspoiler mod, let him feel it's a bit special Eh? ;)

Won't work very well in town or on any hard roads but would be a bit of a laugh out in the country. Can cross rivers or go on the sea.