The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

That wiper that looks like a cats tail is the best thing i have seen in ages. Massive want, shame i only have one car with a rear wiper and it does'nt work, have an mot and it rotten.

My boxing coach just told me he's off to collect his new car later today...an MG3

Don't laugh, you might find out how hard he can punch.

• Like 2

Yes, must mean i am not the only person that washes there 75 in the dark :mrgreen:

I have lights at the front of the house plus the council have fitted led streetlights with the power of a million candles so its almost like daytime!

I have lights at the front of the house plus the council have fitted led streetlights with the power of a million candles so its almost like daytime!

Brilliant. I have a street light and the front house light. Going to give the 75 a clean Monday evening i think.

• Like 3

I remember reading an article about moose and car safety and someone said the problem with moose are that they are 500lb sausage held up on four sticks at exactly the right height to clear your bonnet and go straight into your windscreen. Further, if you survive getting a moose through the windscreen you will never get all the moose out of your interior and it stinks.

This is the guy who hit the moose with his Forester,not a Legacy as I thought

Note no airbags have gone off

Apparently as they get scooped up it doesn't trigger the bags in some cars....

post-8026-0-00522500-1541244867_thumb.png

post-8026-0-97863800-1541244884_thumb.png

• Like 1

Fleet reduction going in the right direction for a change, that's 2 down in the last 2 weeks.

post-4715-0-52793600-1541245008_thumb.jpg

So long silly Daihatsu, the most expensive car I've ever bought (and sold).

That now leaves me with one Storia, the scruffy one.

Not a good argument for boxing and brain damage

There's a review in the current edition of 'Enjoying MG', the MGOC mag. Even they said the engine was toss.

where are you watching that?

I'm watching it through Kodi

Halfway through the series so far and eveycar has needed the engine out/turbo work

Alfa 164 was a bit different for such an American based show

I remember reading an article about moose and car safety and someone said the problem with moose are that they are 500lb sausage held up on four sticks at exactly the right height to clear your bonnet and go straight into your windscreen. Further, if you survive getting a moose through the windscreen you will never get all the moose out of your interior and it stinks.

post-19075-0-68237900-1541246791_thumb.jpg

This is how the Swedish manufacturers test for the eventuality of hitting a moose.

..... "..I saw a base spec white one with steelies the other day and admired it.."

Hmm.. ADD Black bumpers + no radio and they'll punch out all the Dacia 'wannabies' lol

• Like 2

There are loads of MG3s around Falkirk, I can only guess the local MG/Ssangyong dealer is good. I saw a base spec white one with steelies the other day and admired it.

After the Chevrolet franchise ended, Frasers in Camelon gained the above. There are at least 2 MG3s in my street, not bad looking things but its a 6 I would like as I think it qualifies as modern shite.

• Like 2

"The new M.GO.3 from Microcar sets new standards in the small car sector. With flowing style, new standards of engine refinement with fuel injection. And above all the space, which is truly amazing.

Compact on the outside, spacious on the inside, it comes with all the equipment needed for the safety and comfort of driver and passenger.

This is a car designed for today's lifestyle. It is agile and convenient for zipping around town. It handles amazingly well, while inspiring confidence with its robust design and safety features. Easy to drive, easy to park, easy to handle in traffic, M.GO.3 is also a perfect solution to today's environmental issues,

with its low CO2 emissions."

Anyone had a go in one of these?

Older petrol carb models good for around 65 ISH,fuel injection models don't half fly. Diesels are noisy,thumpy and slow but damn good on fuel and can run on anything. I think gearbox issues were sorted on the later ones.

I bloody hate sodding Kangaroos and wombats. They love sitting in the middle of the road and don’t move! Wombats are the worst as they are low down and dark coloured, hitting one can be likened to hitting an anvil.

• Like 1

whats in the burago box?

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head except it's probably classic and maybe convertible. I'll post what it is later.

Inside the Burago box was a Maisto box and inside that was a Jaguar E-type DHC, but the Maisto box is for a Mercedes-Benz 190SL. I'm pretty certain Honda Jr 1 has pulled the M-B to bits. The Jag he hasn't got his mitts on yet.

I took the £300 Stype in for an Mot today and although it failed it wasn’t on much first was the electronic handbrake failure light on the dash and although the handbrake passed the test ok it has a warning come up on the dash saying error but the mot guy said it shouldn’t be much to fix and it also had a failure for the headlamps being cloudy.

I did say to my father that I should get the toothpaste and G7 out to clean them up first beforehand but he wouldn’t have it so now the garage are going to do them.

The garage did say though that it’s the first non rusty S type he’s seen underneath so the oil leak must be doing some good lol.post-9282-0-23991900-1541261287_thumb.jpegpost-9282-0-78258100-1541261361_thumb.jpeg

There's mainly large deer and wild boar roaming about in the part of Sweden I'm staying currently.

Hunting season is on which makes them more likely to do stupid things like the one I hit.

Moose I've seen so far were amazingly big but they were just strolling slowly across or standing in the middle of the road looking very confused when someone decided to use their car horn.

Had a chat with the garage to which the car was towed and they are adamant it will be a write off.

I don't think I'll find another MX-3 with V6 any time soon.

But currently can't complain...

post-19541-0-10400500-1541261378_thumb.jpeg

post-7547-0-77300200-1541272333_thumb.jpgpost-7547-0-06798100-1541272358_thumb.jpg

Thankfully not all the motoring encounters on my journey have been horrible. Here's the good one. This Hispano rumbled past me in a small Surrey village this afternoon and parked outside the church to pick someone up

I hope she was appreciative. The owner told me it took him 30 years to restore this fine automobile; note cork on mascot so as not to spear the odd bridesmade.post-7547-0-12414000-1541272507_thumb.jpg