The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I've had too many pints of Doom Bar since 12:40 this lunchtime.

Oh well. When your work colleagues buy you birthday beers a few days early.

Where do I live?

My cooker fried/grilled its last yesterday... R.I.P. old pal. Today I bought a George Forman (SP?) grill. I only use the grill for cooking veggie burgers (Linda McCartney Mozzarella burgers, try them even if the thought of 'Veggie' shit repulses you they are lovely... my son will eat them happily and he is the biggest anti-veggie I have ever known) so would do me fine. For some reason I thought GF grills were expensive, but £22.50 delivered next day from Amazon says different!

My cooker fried/grilled its last yesterday... R.I.P. old pal. Today I bought a George Forman (SP?) grill. I only use the grill for cooking veggie burgers (Linda McCartney Mozzarella burgers, try them even if the thought of 'Veggie' shit repulses you they are lovely... my son will eat them happily and he is the biggest anti-veggie I have ever known) so would do me fine. For some reason I thought GF grills were expensive, but £22.50 delivered next day from Amazon says different!

I am very much a confirmed meat eater, but I have all veggie/vegan days for dietary purposes. Not all veggie stuff is about saving nuns and kittens.

Try a slow-cooker bean-feast with quorn. It's a really good meal.

Who is Sam?

sam i am. 

sam i am, 

and i don't like green eggs and ham?

(i'm not a sam either by the way)

and Sam Winchester is the tall, foppy haired one. who isn't as cute as his elder brother Dean.......

Earlier this week, WALES ACHIEVED.

post-17604-0-57667800-1540581493_thumb.jpg

The Snipe cruised at 80 plus on the way down, after years spent in small engined economy cars this has been a revelation.

post-17604-0-32607100-1540581479_thumb.jpg

The chief purpose of the trip was to attend to the others, as well as enjoying a change of scenery. So I took my old deep sea fish out.

post-17604-0-50855700-1540581568_thumb.jpg

I've had too many pints of Doom Bar since 12:40 this lunchtime.

Oh well. When your work colleagues buy you birthday beers a few days early.

Where do I live?

Cannock...

Just had the insurance renewal quote through on the duster- swiftcover want £1200 a year for the bastard.

Their reasoning- "it's an obscure vehicle sir"... It's a bloody Clio in a fat suit! Time to hit the comparison sites

obscure with those adverts on the telly? are they havin a giraffe?

• Like 1

Earlier this week, WALES ACHIEVED.

attachicon.gifIMG_4482.JPG

The Snipe cruised at 80 plus on the way down, after years spent in small engined economy cars this has been a revelation.

attachicon.gifIMG_4476.JPG

The chief purpose of the trip was to attend to the others, as well as enjoying a change of scenery. So I took my old deep sea fish out.

attachicon.gifIMG_4484.JPG

I'm confused,  was the MO in the boot of the Snipe?

Just had the insurance renewal quote through on the duster- swiftcover want £1200 a year for the bastard.

Their reasoning- "it's an obscure vehicle sir"... It's a bloody Clio in a fat suit! Time to hit the comparison sites

I think that might be because replacement body panels seem to be almost impossible to get hold of from Dacia, so if you have even a relatively minor prang the insurer might have to write it off / pay for a hire car for months on end until the replacement bits arrive by donkey cart from Romania.

• Like 3

I think that might be because replacement body panels seem to be almost impossible to get hold of from Dacia, so if you have even a relatively minor prang the insurer might have to write it off / pay for a hire car for months on end until the replacement bits arrive by donkey cart from Romania.

Apparently tesla is the same - they won’t allow third party panels or electronics and so the insurance costs are huge.

Having hit up the comparison sites, a more obvious explanation has turned up. It appears that swiftcover no longer want to cover me, due to the bit of Oldham we live being a tad grim apparently.

Tesco's have got it at £300 a year, which is a bit more realistic. Bloody insurance firms!

Last night I had a dream that I won a Citroen Berlingo in a Roffle. It was that nice metallic fuchsia colour and it had an N/A diesel engine. I dreamt I couldn't sleep so went to collect it in the middle of the night.

I need to come on here less.

• Like 9

I'd check the timing first. Just because it should be free and just cost time to do so.

That's the plan tomorrow - I'll whip the rocker cover off and see what the timing marks say. Thankfully Merc have put some proper obvious big timing marks on the cams. It's almost as though they expected you to need to this routinely

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I'm in York. It's snowing. Dafuq?

I'm an hour south & no snow. I am about to go out & bodge the hole in the jag's floor to stop the carpet getting wet all winter though.

You can tell I don't scrap cars very often forgot my id! Amys popped back to get my wallet, so I get a few minutes alone with the gooner

Fuel light came on as we drove in too, result!

You can tell I don't scrap cars very often forgot my id! Amys popped back to get my wallet, so I get a few minutes alone with the gooner

Fuel light came on as we drove in too, result!

Surely you want the fuel light to come on about 50 miles earlier than the gate of the scrapyard?