The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

^^ not lying on the bonnet, no >> or roof.

You know that's an offence, right? You're supposed to clear the whole vehicle of snow / thick ice before you drive off for exactly this reason, and to prevent large chunks of it hitting people, or it all blowing off and making the visibility behind you zero.

I've heard reports of the plod prosecuting for this too, although generally only if they turn up to an accident/incident and it's blatantly obvious that no effort has been made to clear the car.

• Like 1

Guys I hope you don’t mind but I’ve pointed my good friend John to this community. He’s a serial rover jizzer and had a host of shit.

He’s having issues shifting his lovely 75 and I’ve told him to try you lot maybe even a roffle!!

clearing snow off roofs ,

reminds me of the container lorries at Switch island ,

they sit all day , night at the docks collecting water on the container top ,

then as they do Switch island at speed  ,  they hit the right  hand bend onto the M57 the container dumps a shed load of ice / water onto your car ........

luckily I have leant to stay out of the way !!!!

This has just been posted on facebook

Could it be

"If you drive in snow without winter tyres your insurance company can invalidate your car insurance because you aren't taking proper precautions for the road condition"

Ex PBK minibus, a 20 year old transit, went for MOT yesterday.

Never been welded and needed none for the test, failed on 2 brake pipes (changed today), 2 tyres (sorted tomorrow) and the crack in the windscreen (insurance will sort).

Win.

If a Greg Hendry yellow window sticker in the Arnold Shark style could be sorted, I'd be proud to have one.

I thought he hated AC? Perhaps there are other Ford dealers who could be parodied... Isn't there a Hendy Ford or Henderson Ford?

• Like 1

I've just realised Greg was the guy having issues with his ex allowing him to see his daughter, what a fucked up situation that he felt the only out was to end his own life, that poor child.

I guess I saw that thread and didn't think much of it for whatever reason. My sister is a trainee solicitor in Scots family law too :/ The lawyer his ex was using sounds like a useless twat, should have had her read it. 30? What shit news. RIP.

We've had snow in This Here London. Not a lot but enough to bugger up the trains. So I drove the ex-Bo11ox 623 part way to work and walked the rest.

post-5013-0-01771500-1519844382_thumb.jpg

Only downside is leather seats in minus temps are enough to give you piles! I can see myself getting attached to this old crate as it's a great car to waft about in.

Cheers. It was en route home this evening as I wanted to see if the XJ40 was still there. It's a road full of posh houses and the Jag was recently evicted from the drive to make way for a modern. The RONG way of doing things!

I had planned to Drive from Wolverhampton to Miseryside Tomorrow evening, and have a night at home, and then I had planned to go to a design review meeting at an automation suppliers in Bradford, 1st thing Friday Morning along the M62 aiming to arrive at 8 am, and leaving about 11am to get home in time for a late lunch.

Am I likely to regret this idea?

Only downside is leather seats in minus temps are enough to give you piles!

Their other downside is that they simmer you in your own juices above minus temps.

Yet another downside is that your farts have nowhere to go.

Thus leather seats are deemed merely suitable for one's servants,

but most probably modern work environment regulations prevent even that.

• Like 3

Ex PBK minibus, a 20 year old transit, went for MOT yesterday.

Never been welded and needed none for the test, failed on 2 brake pipes (changed today), 2 tyres (sorted tomorrow) and the crack in the windscreen (insurance will sort).

Win.

I did like that old bus - looked a bit scruffy round the edges but actually a solid old van.  Bloody flies for a smiley too.

• Like 2