The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Their other downside is that they simmer you in your own juices above minus temps.

Yet another downside is that your farts have nowhere to go.

Thus leather seats are deemed merely suitable for one's servants,

but most probably modern work environment regulations prevent even that.

And yet my wife tells me she's only ever going to have leather seats in her car from now on. I think we'll be keeping the Juke for sometime then.

We've had snow in This Here London. Not a lot but enough to bugger up the trains. So I drove the ex-Bo11ox 623 part way to work and walked the rest.

attachicon.gif20180228_170909.jpg

Only downside is leather seats in minus temps are enough to give you piles! I can see myself getting attached to this old crate as it's a great car to waft about in.

Calendar pic right there. 

This has just been posted on facebook

Could it be

"If you drive in snow without winter tyres your insurance company can invalidate your car insurance because you aren't taking proper precautions for the road condition"

Nah if you fit snow tyres and don't inform your insurer your insurance is invalid, obviously as you have compromised the braking & handling your premium will need to rise to reflect this if you do inform them. If you crash and it isn't snowy your insurance will not cover you if you have snow tyres fitted.

Their other downside is that they simmer you in your own juices above minus temps.

Yet another downside is that your farts have nowhere to go.

Thus leather seats are deemed merely suitable for one's servants,

but most probably modern work environment regulations prevent even that.

Dear, dear old boy. Since 1998 when Saab released the 9-5 they put in ventilated leather seats as a option. In recent times, even wealthy peasant cars like the latest Mustang has these seats. These allow your farts to be recirculated around and extracted from the carbon interior filter. Plus any sweatyness can be dried out by the integral fan blowing dry, warm air from the HVAC system.

That’s as much bollocks as the quoted post

I dunno. Don't snow tyres have studs? Thus not useful for most UK roads anyway.

Winter tyres however are a different kettle of fish. The ABP release a list every year of which insurers don't charge extra and which need informing if you put winters on.

Likewise I don't think you can have your insurance invalidated with summers on. Now if you tried driving like it was 25C when it's -10C with summers, your likely to crash and your insurer (+police) are bound to have something to say about that.

Today I left work at 11 cos if I didn't, I wouldn't get home.

8 miles and 1 hour later, I was home.

I remembered that I'd forgotten to drain all the water out of the camper. Thought I might have got away with it:

post-3886-0-87823400-1519854725_thumb.jpg

Maybe not.

Pump does nothing, hopefully its just frozen solid. Water heater came on for a bit, but tripped out after about 10 minutes, I think due to low gas pressure, hopefully. I had both hobs and the heater on as well and none of them were really doing anything spectacular.

Plenty of water came out of the heater drain plug, so I reckon it'll be ok.

Fuck. Just had a look at the forum and was wondering why there was sticky about Hendry. 

I'll miss his contributions to the Mk4 Mondeo thread although I do know that pales into insignificance compared to how much his family must be missing him.

I'll always think of Ford's Deep Impact Blue as 'Hendry Blue' from now on.

Dear, dear old boy. Since 1998 when Saab released the 9-5 they put in ventilated leather seats as a option. In recent times, even wealthy peasant cars like the latest Mustang has these seats. These allow your farts to be recirculated around and extracted from the carbon interior filter. Plus any sweatyness can be dried out by the integral fan blowing dry, warm air from the HVAC system.

That sounds so terrible that I rather have no seats at all.

I had planned to Drive from Wolverhampton to Miseryside Tomorrow evening, and have a night at home, and then I had planned to go to a design review meeting at an automation suppliers in Bradford, 1st thing Friday Morning along the M62 aiming to arrive at 8 am, and leaving about 11am to get home in time for a late lunch.

Am I likely to regret this idea?

Yes.

The two outer rear seatbelts in the c class (w203) refuse to do anything. They are locked solid. Won't extend or retract.

I removed one from the car and took it to bits and couldn't find anything wrong. I reassembled it and it sort of extends but makes terrible noises and then retracts and jams.

Mrs told me because I've fucked about with them she won't be happy unless I replace them. She's probably right so ordered a used pair on ebay.

The previous Giffer owner never had rear seat passengers and he only managed to do about 50k in the decade he owned the car. Can seatbelts fuck themselves with lack of use?

Is this a w203 fault? Just seems odd they are both stuffed. The middle three point belt works as it should weirdly and its probably the one that sees least use in any car?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

The two outer rear seatbelts in the c class (w203) refuse to do anything. They are locked solid. Won't extend or retract.

I removed one from the car and took it to bits and couldn't find anything wrong. I reassembled it and it sort of extends but makes terrible noises and then retracts and jams.

Mrs told me because I've fucked about with them she won't be happy unless I replace them. She's probably right so ordered a used pair on ebay.

The previous Giffer owner never had rear seat passengers and he only managed to do about 50k in the decade he owned the car. Can seatbelts fuck themselves with lack of use?

Is this a w203 fault? Just seems odd they are both stuffed. The middle three point belt works as it should weirdly and its probably the one that sees least use in any car?

Stupid comment alert.

Is the backrest of the seat definitely rammed home?  Can't remember what car I had - but in one of them, the seat belts would not move unless the backrest was rammed home.  Wouldn't budge a mm.

Stupid comment alert.

Is the backrest of the seat definitely rammed home? Can't remember what car I had - but in one of them, the seat belts would not move unless the backrest was rammed home. Wouldn't budge a mm.

Not stupid as all because the scenic was like that I think. I removed the entire seatbelt unit from the car and took it inside because freezing out. No joy

I've just seen this dealers on Autotrader

https://www.payless4acar.co.uk/

If you look every single car for sale has got it's log book posted giving the last owners names and addresses as well as the log book numbers, surely in this day and age that isn't a good thing to be doing?.

media.jpg?id=c4ac2a458f2b42a4bf062d88ff1

media.jpg?id=91c24f7da38c420e8de873c02a7

How many V5s for their stock will shortly be winging their way to people who have pissed you off?

I've just seen this dealers on Autotrader

https://www.payless4acar.co.uk/

If you look every single car for sale has got it's log book posted giving the last owners names and addresses as well as the log book numbers, surely in this day and age that isn't a good thing to be doing?.

media.jpg?id=c4ac2a458f2b42a4bf062d88ff1

media.jpg?id=91c24f7da38c420e8de873c02a7

Christ.  How can think that that's a good idea?  Our data protection at work is such that they're soon going to ban USB flash drives yet these guys think this is ok to put online?!  Autotrader should clamp on them hard.  In fact, I'll send Autotrader an email.

Incidentally, my brother works for Autotrader.  He has practically zero interest in cars.  He's a computer programmer.  Good company to work for and they have an Audi Quattro in their office.

Just sent this to them:

To Whom it may Concern,

I am not sure if this is a direct concern of Autotrader but there have been numerous incidents of a trade seller - www.payless4acar.co.uk - using your platform and including full V5C details within their sales pictures.  I have a real concern that this information could be used by scammers to steal identities and in some instances may endanger life or property.

In the enclosed link:

The last picture includes a full front page of V5C including name and full address.  This has been attached in context.

Likewise here:

Although I know you are not directly responsible for the sales and the company is at fault, I think it highly inadvisable that they should be permitted to include this information, especially in the highly public domain of the Internet.  

Does Autotrader have a policy on this information being contained within sales information and if so, can you assure me that this will be acted upon accordingly?

Many thanks,

I've included pictures of the sale.

Oh really?

rolls-royce_phantom_i_8.jpg

rolls-royce_phantom_i_89.jpg

I beg to differ. Vastly.

Give the top one 100'000 miles and a few piss stains and it'll resemble a map of Africa and stink.

Leather? Trim of Gentlemen. Wipe down with a touch of Connolly hide cream or Gliptone, mission accomplished. Smells like a good shoe shop, pleasant to the touch. 

Cloth? FFS.  :roll: