The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I've joined the RAC. Diagnosed a battery that wasn't holding the charge and also a noisy/damaged drive belt.

Why didn't the Nissan Technicians notice these issues when my car was in last week for new brakes :?: They also gave my car a 'free check' of the other points and still missed it. They did clean out the washer jets though.

Still...new battery and drivebelt aside, Almera is running nicely.

I'm literally outside the house of the vendor of a truly awful looking car. There's money in my pocket but not for long. C U L8R sanity!

Ssssssangyong Rodius?

F*ck your Rodeobus!

8409098810_f0817c44dd.jpg

kia sodomist by Cavlover1, on Flickr

2.9 dirty dizzler spazmatic, thankyou. What do I win?

fuck me, that's spectacularly toss. I suppose the advantage is that while you're driving it, there's one less of them around for you to look at the outside of. You deserve to win something, but I don't know what.

Looks like you're already getting into the spirit of things judging by the parking :lol:

LOL

Also just noticed: number plate suitable for dyslexic lover of former Russian president Boris.

These Sedonas are OK for their intended purpose. I got ferried around in a hire one last time I was in Spain, and as a passenger experience it was pretty decent. Lots of room, comfy chairs and ice cold aircon. (probably a lot more important in Valencia in September than Britain in January admittedly...)

There's plenty of them on the road up here, they seem to last OK.

I was actually looking at Sedonas (along with Hyundai Tragics) as a possible alternative to a van at one stage. I'd imagine they're quite reasonable to drive with the big 2.9 engine. They seem to suffer from occasional HGF / cracked heads, but that's probably partly down to the fact that most of them have bugger all maintenance; other than that they seem quite well put together from what I've seen.

Sedona's are fuggin' ace! Hell your only half crackers, I bought one new for 13 large!

Billy they eat front pads, quality XL branded tyres if your shopping (new or part worn) make a huge difference to braking and handling too. This is the one car my daughters STILL miss.

I like them too, manuals have crappy gear linkages. Rear arches rust and they seem to have the cheapest carpets ever fitted to anything, just hoovering them makes them go all hairy. Good pokey engines though. Enjoy it. :)

I finally dragged myself out to the garage to tackle the 2CV's exhaust. Ugh. Rusty mountings and bits sleeved inside other bits (and not wanting to come apart again) made we wish I hadn't bothered. It can stay inside the garage hiding from the salt for a bit longer.

Tip of the day:

When using WVO in your pez can do NOT run out of fuel in very cold weather as its hard to pour solids. As discovered at 06.40 this morning.

I like those Sedonas…. often see pikey families with about 50 kids packed into one at Asda, windows all steamed up and covered in filthy hand/face/tongue prints, crisp packets tumbling out onto the car park as the door opens. The sort of car where the bonnet never gets opened between MOT tests (which only happen every 14 or 15 months anyway).

Sod the electric cars this compressed air powered hybrid is the future although I think they may need to do a bit more work on the bodywork.

It seems like a no brainer to me as the compressed air tanks can be re-charged quickly if you want to run in air only mode and all the unused forces from braking etc can be used to pump up the tank.

psa-peugeot-citroen-hybrid-air-1.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/208/62447/peugeot-citroen-shows-new-petrol-air-hybrid-tech

The central locking on the ZX doesn't work now, I get beeped at, and if I'm really lucky the alarm goes off too! Either use the key as I did when I bought it, or just leave the fucker unlocked. half of the doors dont lock anyway so no massive loss!

Need to book it in for an MOT soon, do I have another go at the brakes or just hope it passes?

Gave the Porsche a bit of a run today, first time in a couple of weeks I've been able to get it off the drive.

Fired up very, very slowly pottered over to Loughborough.

It's got a blinding slow puncture.

Now sorted at my local tyre place.

'Fourteen ninety five' says she

'Tenner for cash' I jauntily replied.

'Ok if I can have those two fivers'

Job, jobbed.

^^Take some pics!

I've just spent 40 odd quid on service parts for the Puma now it's all painted and almost back on the road. I'm hopefully putting it in for it's MOT next week what's the chances it fails spectacularly after all that effort?

The Kia had a comedy knock from the n/s/r which wa incredibly loud. My lad diagnosed a missing (yes, worn away completely and missing) shock top bush. We got two brand new rear shocks with the car and today we got the new bushes from Kia. They were only £2 each plus vodka and tonic so four of them hasn't broken the bank. Aim is to fit the shocks at the same time, looks quite an easy job but I've been wrong before!

I got the Puma out the garage for the first time in about 4 months, drove it around to the car wash and washed half a ton of shit off it then came back and gave it a XXX mopping. I also re-painted the wheel centres (all be it in a slightly darker silver). I was supposed to do a service on it but eurocarparts failed to deliver until late afternoon so I might do that tomorrow. It's came up quite nice.

This is the side with my rattle can paint job.

8416508321_bbc8fb4299.jpg

puma1 by cort16, on Flickr

8417602848_a71943f624.jpg

puma2 by cort16, on Flickr

Punto has now gone to a new home. Pretty much the ideal sale really - quick, hassle free and what I wanted for it, although in retrospect I should have put it up for more. Now started driving the Corolla, which feels suitably miserable, with seats I'm finding hard to get comfy in but excellent visibility

Leaving the fleet:

551760_10150918299194644_1537194729_n.jpg

Joining the fleet:

602686_10151372349534644_914259542_n.jpg

For some strange reason I've been after a fast, 4wd, automatic estate that handles for quite some time. Much as I love Ye Olde Scoobaru, and I do adore the thing as it's an immense piece of kit, it's a little bit on the small side for my tastes. That and I've got a few huge old tellies lying around that I can't move from the house.

This thing should tick all the boxes for a while. It's a VR4 Type S Ralliart job. 2.5 V6, twin turbo, with active yaw control and a good five speed auto box.

Ralliart one so it should chuck out somewhere around 290 bhp. Metallic purple is the only colour for an Autoshiter to have one of these, especially with its gloriously clashing interior. Whoever specced it up originally has to have been mental. It also has a Nardi half wood steering wheel that is absolutely the most wrong thing anyone could have chosen, but it matches the Mitsubishi spec "wood effect" centre console.

Purple car, what colour interior goes with purple? Oh yes, I know.

319794_10151372364824644_1829876731_n.jpg

I am looking forward to running this for a while, less keen on the cataclysmic running costs it's bound to incur.

I do like those Galants, They are a real good looking car too, especially in that colour.

As I'm in a grumpy mood at the moment I decided to give my cars a clean this afternoon as that normally cheers me up, I've noticed the Golf has started to get a little scabby in a few places, especially the front wing and as I'm planning on selling it in the next month I decided I better tidy it up again, instead of pissing about filling the wing I've found a replacement second hand one on ebay for £40 delivered and in the correct colour so I've bought it and will hopefully fit it in the next few weeks, It's not worth messing about for that kind of money.

Well, it looks like I won't be flying back from Belfast next week, I shall be collecting a car to drive/ferry back.

The car I'm picking up is in Southern Ireland, so I'm not sure what to do about ferry. Dublin - Holyhead/Liverpool is prob easiest... time to start checking prices etc.

Spotted this 1000cc Ecoboost POWAHOUSE at the pumps earlier whilst bribing the 24 hour on-call baby sitter/aka M.I.L. with a full tank of go-juice and 50p of compressed air. Oddly rattle canned not vinyl wrapped.

View My Video

Here's one I snapped as a Paris punter last October:

33f7v5v.jpg