Show me your headlight wipers

fordperv

I seem to remember Fuego wipers being a bit wacky and tacked-on, but those Italian ones are totally mad and rather ace!

Current V70's wipers are decidedly unwacky but work ok, the W124s always looked to have the most integrated but the Saab 99 had the best, they retrofitted the same setup onto the 95 and 96, then used a conventional rotary action on the 900. The windscreen ones were more interesting with their long sweep over the heavily-curved screen.

The 99 had an emergency third position to the wiper switch which sprayed continuous jets of water onto the screen while the wipers ran at full speed as well as operating the headlamp wipers. Rallying pedigree, innit.

Wait until they fail and require £50-100 water pumps. If they're (invariably are) washing HID headlights, also an MOT failure when they fail.

The headlight washers on my previous C4 VTS with xenons never worked and always passed the MOT for the 5 years I owned it and that's one of the reasons I was excited to get them working on the new* one.

They work on the XM as well, but that has halogen so not really an issue for MOT.

Anyway I think the way they whizz in and out twice on stupidly long stalks each squirt of windscreen washers is fun!

The headlight washers on my previous C4 VTS with xenons never worked and always passed the MOT for the 5 years I owned it and that's one of the reasons I was excited to get them working on the new* one.

They work on the XM as well, but that has halogen so not really an issue for MOT.

Anyway I think the way they whizz in and out twice on stupidly long stalks each squirt of windscreen washers is fun!

Probably the MOT tester not knowing/bothering to test them. Also it only became a testable item in the last few years.

What those headlight washers look like outside the car.

[Video]

Them in the car.

post-20071-0-78814900-1499020690.gif

I was thinking earlier on how much I miss that car. :(