Shitefest 2016 24th - 26th June --- Lost Property

Six-cylinder

The Lexus got out reasonably easily, much to the surprise of all concerned.

We basically thought that having a 200 metre run up and simply not giving a fuck about the turn and blasting a massive hole through the undergrowth to the road was the best approach, and that the collateral damage would only amount to "a village or two".

We basically thought that having a 200 metre run up and simply not giving a fuck about the turn and blasting a massive hole through the undergrowth to the road was the best approach, and that the collateral damage would only amount to "a village or two".

I tried that with the 205.  Oddly, it didn't work!

Well shit...

post-2711-0-02962600-1466944057_thumb.jpg

Gears were a bit crunchy on the way around MK but I blamed the rubber mat getting under the pedal, that was until I got to Peterborough where I found I could not get the truck in and out of gear at all.

It was an interesting journey home... All roundabouts between Peterborough and Boston were taken with a steady run up in 4th, the town itself meant switching the engine off and restarting with it in 1st and jumping into 3rd as soon as the revs were somewhere near right.

Home achieved but the clutch is utterly buggered.

Thanks to the cylinders for their hospitality, and everyone who attended for making it a cracking weekend.

It was good to meet up many of the fine members who make up this great forum. I'm still not completely sure who is who but had a good chat with quite a few. Still blown away by the bus being someone's project. I would never have thought that possible. Enjoyed the digger action but glad I wasn't the one who had to start it with the jump leads every time it stalled! It was a shame the access road was so muddy but the weather was strange with either blazing sunshine or torrential rain and little inbetween. Lots of great cars, most of which have been owned by Johnk at sone point. I also found that if I sleep diagonally I fit exactly in the back of an astra estate. To summarise, a great occasion and a rare opportunity to meet with like minded people who are all there to enjoy shite cars and have a good time.

I'm home too, sadly the brothers touring have fuel issues, namely its passing out of the bottom of the tank. The big orange taxi has been called and they rearranged the 406 to accommodate them

I got much strange looks driving home with the hook some shite sign on my bonnet.

Ill do a better update in a bit, got a car to empty!

I met the neighbours (the ones with the 1200acre mixed arable and beef suckler farm opposite) yesterday morning, they (well, she was) were intrigued by the mysterious "AS" and the appearance of all types of old cars. I managed to delicately explain what was going on and the name of the website, which brought much laughter. Seemed to be nice people.

everybody is mental :lol:

did the cross country thing to wrexham then m56 home

the touring brothers hopefully the aa truck wont be too boring

hopefully the field will be ok - will put some turf and grass seeds in the post :D

i found a scotman who wouldnt take any money  :o

excellent weekend despite mud

post-4817-0-45628200-1466952567_thumb.jpg

respec to fowlersan fair tha squair sassage with roll (although that is richard and normal sassage)

Was great to see you all again, meeting old friends and making new ones, looking forward to Shitefest 2017.

I have a load of photos to upload but flicker's uploader is FTPing unlike the Puma that is boringly reliable.

To tide you over I have footage of a scary person in a JCB

DSCF0062.MOV

and a quick example of why people should get to Gaydon

post-17488-0-17347400-1466954725_thumb.jpg