Shitefest 2016 24th - 26th June --- Lost Property

Six-cylinder

Due to the mud, please can any day visitors park outside the gate along the lane on the grass and walk in. Our bus and some grain lorries are still using this road so please park leaving the tarmac clear.

I'm camping tonight, any chance of getting my tent on wheels to the field or should I just park on the hard standing at the top and sleep up there?

I'm home for tonight, and just about to go to bed, but the videos I took have uploaded to youtube!

The bus arrived!

There are pictures but I've not copied them off my phone, I'm off to bed in readiness for tomorrow. I'll be bringing my wellies though, if there's any more rain it will be even more muddy, hopefully I can get down to the campsite tomorrow (if there's room, it's bloody tight in there now! Probably even more so now

Show 'Edit by' line!)

Great vids, please keep up the updates 

The bus looks very much as still in service. Was it 'borrowed' from the company for the weekend?

I must say, in the above pic, Mr_CMS does look like some kind of mentalist, which of course, we all know is true.

It was good to see old faces and new, and my trip to Bucks and back in the Umm was uneventful. It has remarkably good road manners and I've just calculated the mpg, which was again a fraction under 30mpg.

Thanks Chris_Cyl for hosting SF_16,  don't get too drunk chaps and have safe journeys home .... Fingers crossed for Bucketeer in the Samara roffle ;)

Just a brief thank you to Chris for being brave enough to host all of this. A very big thank you to the lads who covered up the Mitsu when I had a major episode of the stoopids and left the sunroof open and stored rain in the car for later. My left elbow was very cool and contented on the journey back and my jeans appeared to have soaked up most of the rain from the drivers seat.I've just popped a note on the Sales, swaps, freebies, logistics, & cetera thread as I only managed to leave the two Jerry cans for The Moog and nowt else.

Many thanks to a very nice AS'er who brought me from the railway back to the site as his passenger. I am so sorry but I cannot recall your name (very rude of me, sorry) but you drove a green Citroen Xsara 1.6 auto with LPG. Name? Nah, car? Hell yes. What an ace car too, my first Xsara! Much impressed.

Sorry to all that I had to depart earlier than I wanted, I had forgotten to take my meds with me on The Very Fast Bus of Yellowness and as a result I am now fecking knackered and short of breath like it is going out of fashion.

Bloody great to meet ya all (some I knew, others not). The Scottish contingent are happily nuts for travelling down in the bus (obv in a good way).

Thanks to Chris for providing the venue and enabling SF to actually be.

Good to meet you Bub. Yes, you can have first dibs on the Mitsubishi, you can even have a go when you pop down to collect te trailer ;)

The Mitsu was ace, no hassles whatsoever, I nipped along at more MPH than you might imagine and left a few cars looking rather slow and doddery :)

A good day but I'm off now to become more unconscious.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks :) Thanks again :)

Safely back at home now after deciding to make a run for it when the weather turned. Today was awesome and it was great to meet so many shiters. Sorry I dashed off so quickly without saying a proper farewell but I'll need to come back sometime tomorrow to collect what's left of my stuff.