Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

On 7/6/2023 at 11:49 PM, chaseracer said:

C124?

11 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Yes, MY car!

Yes Mr Morris's E320 Coupe.

I had ignored it because I have already done a driving tour with it this year to Wales, but that was mid Wales not North Wales!

Looking around the shed everything failed "Do you want to drive this 500 miles in the weekend and pay the fuel" test. A Daimler Sovereign would have been nice but at 16 mpg would be expensive. I also had concerns about reliability as I have never taken it on a 5 hour continuous drive before and now the AA/RAC think it is acceptable to leave you on the roadside for 7 or 8 hours not very pleasant.

I also wanted it to be a fresh face for Shitefest that I had not taken before. I have used the Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, 1994 Audi V6 convertible, Rover 75/114i, Citroen Visa, Citroen DS and last year Peugeot 306 Convertible.

336797380_147340084634689_4338034186161692537_n.jpg

15 hours ago, hairnet said:

lna has to make it shirley

It was a mistake to buy it!

It was a mistake to get involved returning it to the road!

And I am sure it would be a mistake to attempt to drive it to Wales!

lna 04.JPG

P1000164 broad.jpg

On 7/3/2023 at 7:15 PM, Six-cylinder said:

When should we have the next FoD?

I would like to organise a couple more weekends at FoD for 2023, when would you like them?

I am available:

29/30th July

12/13 August

26/27/28 August

2/3 September

If the weather is with us for one of the weekends and we have enough man power I would like to take all our running cars to the FoD along with those already at the FoD for a photo shoot.

The target would be 30 working and a few towed into line. Anybody volunteer to plan, organise and be the main camera man?

Any of them are good for me and happy to help move cars 😊

• Thanks 1

It was a lovely dry, sunny and warm evening in Milton keynes last night, just right for the Milton Keynes Classic Car Club meeting.

I took the Cadillac and found a USA friend, @Zelandethwas there with his Rover 110 and @Prince_of_darkness91with his "New" Citroen C1.

Also non AS friends include Bob with his Audi 100 2.0i base, that had just just returned after a bit of fettling. Graham was there with his immaculate BX 16TRS Auto. Colin who has been helping me with the Peugeot 404 wings was there with his Mini van he restored. 

Colin is coming to see me Monday early evening to do the final fit of the scuttle panel, right hand wing and lights on Error 404 if anybody fancies a few hours at the FoD. 

Just a great night meeting new and old friends and I managed to hold my tongue when one guy was busy telling his lady that the the six pot TVR was a V8 and the Vitesse was a Herald!

IMG_20230707_184247 broad.jpg

IMG_20230707_191231 broad.jpg

IMG_20230707_184443 broad.jpg

IMG_20230707_185046 broad.jpg

IMG_20230707_192313 broad.jpg

IMG_20230707_191121 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Vitesse is a good one to have got confused, especially as the badge on the bonnet even says Vitesse on it!

IMG_20230707_183026.jpg

Most of my photos are unsurprisingly on film, so will likely materialise completely out of context in a few weeks when I can't remember which meet they were taken at!

I was somewhat upstaged by a very pretty P4 100 though.

IMG_20230707_182304.jpg

IMG_20230707_182343.jpg

I didn't realise the interior of the 100 was so different to the 110.

IMG_20230707_182337.jpg

Guess I'll have to take something rarer next time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

@LightBulbFunyou need to sort out your DVLA!

2 Vehicle tax reminder in 2 separate envelopes for the same car in one day!

This is not Photoshop!

IMG_20230708_164302 broad.jpg

Are both reference numbers the same? Also how do you tax online when it’s £0?

15 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Are both reference numbers the same? Also how do you tax online when it’s £0?

Yes both the same ref number.

Tax your car on line, enter ref number, agree it is the car you want to tax, agree with the statement it is MOT free, you have tax and they don't ask for money.

I have just taxed the Sovereign S1, Sovereign S2 and Saab 95 all for free🙂

8 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Colin is coming to see me Monday early evening to do the final fit of the scuttle panel, right hand wing and lights on Error 404 so I can drive it to Shitefest next weekend.

Excellent news!

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Excellent news!

I actually went back to check if that was what he actually wrote!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Excellent news!

Colin is coming to see me Monday early evening to do the final fit of the scuttle panel, right hand wing and lights on Error 404 so I can drive it to Shitefest next weekend.

The only thing that I know is not working is the wipers so Wales is out!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

The only thing that I know is not working is the wipers so Wales is out!

My parents ( and everyone else in Wrexham ) have just had some of the heaviest rain they can remember in 80 years. Water inches deep on their drive ( they’re on top of a hill), parts of rhosddu under two feet of water with sewage floating.  Welcome to wales in summer!

https://www.wrexham.com/news/human-excrement-on-streets-after-another-storm-causes-flooding-in-wrexham-area-237037.html

IMG_0507.png

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

What were the excuses as to why you couldnt take an BMW again? 

(watching the latest m539 video and it made me think) 

Mrs6C has an E46 330Ci which she doesn't want me pushing around Wales.

I have the E3 3.0S which sort of runs but is not fit to take any distance.

I sold last year the other 4 BMWs E30 325i, E36 328i Coupe, E36 M3 evo convertible and E32 735i SE.

IMG_20220418_173410 broad.jpg

18 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Mrs6C has an E46 330Ci which she doesn't want me pushing around Wales.

You don't need to tell her! 😉

Oh, wait... 

• Haha 1

This afternoon @Andyrewcame over in his Allegro to fix his black Astra. He soon had the Astra completed and asked the fatel question is there anything I can do to help you! Well I am still trying to get the Error 404 ready for the road so he ground down some rust bubbles down and applied rust cure. The drivers window does not close fully or work smoothly so Andy took the door trim off. We think it is missing some of the furflex guide and the winding quarent teeth are very worn.

IMG_20230709_173251 broad.jpg

• Like 3

When did you last see a Lancia Trevi, when did you last see a Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Have you ever seen a Trevi and Eldorado Touring Coupe together!

IMG_20230711_144347 broad.jpg

Time to set FoD dates for the rest of the summer. I am thinking two more would be good, but would be happy to open up all three dates I am free.

One featured event is to gather all our running cars in the FoD and photograph them.

I would like to get our Saab 95 engine running before the weather shuts us down.

2 Sep is Radwood UK 13 miles away and I would be happy to open up for camping before and/or after for shiters.  We can have Saturday night around the campfire. Sunday in the FoD.  

To give me some idea which would be the best weekend/weekends to open the FoD please add your name to the list for the weekend you would most like to attend. If you would attend more than one add your name to both dates. If you will only attend once but could do alternative dates add your name to you first choice of date and your name with the word “alternative” after it to the second/third.

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

26/27/28 August

·         Six-cylinder

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Time to set FoD dates
22 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

.          Weird Car “alternative”

26/27/28 August

·         Six-cylinder

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

.          Weird Car “alternative”.

.         BL Bloke

26/27/28 August

·         Six-cylinder

.         BL Bloke

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

cant do bh will be in ecosse

cant do sept will be working (im NOT working the bh they can fro)

mid aug - very expensive - even the airbnbs are millions

even the travelodge mid aug in advance is 211 for two nights the premier even more

whittlebury hall would be nice but 325

must be something on at silverstone or something in northampton cos even thats £££

i hate summer

7 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Time to set FoD dates for the rest of the summer. I am thinking two more would be good, but would be happy to open up all three dates .

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

Anthony G

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

Anthony G

Hmm not sure that’s worked very well on the phone. 

I can do the first of the August dates and September.  Bit busy keeping a 2CV going round a Norfolk airfield for 24 hours over the bank holiday!