Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 15/16 June

Six-cylinder

15 minutes ago, loserone said:

I have bishop auckland in my address, but I've no idea what I'm looking at.  Happy to head over and store assuming it'll fit in a 205

It should fit as it is only a front one of a 2WD machine.

Blind luck!

Today I took the Maestro for it's end of MOT appraisal to be done and pulled the wiper stalk by accident and it single wiped, great I though I did not know it did that. Then it carried on single wiping, its got intermittent wipers , I did it a few times to prove it was not a fluke. Thing is the wiper stalk give no clue to intermittent function.

I also collected the ZX TD estate with a fresh MOT. It needed a tickle with the sparkly stick and a pair of handbrake cables.

IMG_20201112_114030 broad.jpg

IMG_20201112_111045 broad.jpg

It's only just occurred to me that the "rub strips" on the doors are just vinyl stickers. Perfect. I've been recently looking at a 1998 registered knock-down kit Maestro and it has none whatsoever. Definitely makes the door look a tad bland without them imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Blind luck!

Today I took the Maestro for it's end of MOT appraisal to be done and pulled the wiper stalk by accident and it single wiped, great I though I did not know it did that. Then it carried on single wiping, its got intermittent wipers , I did it a few times to prove it was not a fluke. Thing is the wiper stalk give no clue to intermittent function.

I also collected the ZX TD estate with a fresh MOT. It needed a tickle with the sparkly stick and a pair of handbrake cables.

IMG_20201112_114030 broad.jpg

IMG_20201112_111045 broad.jpg

That's why I always RTFM!

Ref the JCB tyre, you might find a vulcaniser who could repair that 'burst' sidewall, but to be honest it's probably pointless as it'll end up going somewhere else (on the side). For what it's worth though, you could probably get a little more life out of it by stripping it down, getting a large vulcanised type patch and gluing it in, then whanging the tube back in.

Think I still have one or two contacts from my old tyre fitting days, I'll try and dig them out and message you. No promises they'll have anything, but it's worth a try.

20 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

The rest of the tyre looks like the roof on @hairnets MX5 though...

Maybe you could get the tyres sprayed in that indestructable rubber compound stuff? Then fill them with it

jelus beardy coont ya

you wouldnt be let have a fun machine :P

they dont run veg :P

12 hours ago, hairnet said:

jelus beardy coont ya

you wouldnt be let have a fun machine :P

Ran that through google translate and it came back with this

jules beardy count ya
you wouldn't be let have a fun machine :P

Hope that helps everyone ?

I am looking for shitley help.

Loserone has kindly collected our replacement front tyre and inner tub for our JCB and we now need it to roll South!

Loserone is in the Bishops Auckland and I am Buckingham. Anywhere closer to me would be a great help and then I can fetch it more easily. If you are passing by but don't want to divert I could meet you on M40 services J10, but another services would be fine or M1 services 15A or another services.

It is about 850mm in diameter and is the tyre and tube only not the wheel. The picture is it in Loserones Peugeot 406 estate, which can be purchased separately!

JCB front tyre replacement.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - we need shitley help to roll a tyre south please!

Likewise if anyone is travelling down the M1 and doesn't have time to divert to Buckingham, I'm in central Milton Keynes, so five minutes from J14, I'd happily take it the last few miles if dropping it here helped.

@Six-cylinder

I’m going up to Newcastle later this week. Shouldn’t be a problem to divert through Bishops Auckland.

Not sure when I’ll be passing the FOD but I would think I’ll be able to swing by some time and chuck it over the hedge. 

9 minutes ago, worldofceri said:

@Six-cylinder

I’m going up to Newcastle later this week. Shouldn’t be a problem to divert through Bishops Auckland.

Not sure when I’ll be passing the FOD but I would think I’ll be able to swing by some time and chuck it over the hedge. 

Thanks that would be great. Can you PM @loserone  to liaise with him about pick up please.

Even if I have to collect it from your place that is halfway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worldofceri said:

@Six-cylinder

Not sure when I’ll be passing the FOD but I would think I’ll be able to swing by some time and chuck it on the jcb for you 

Ftfy

5 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am looking for shitley help. Bishops Auckland to Buckingham.

Unbefuckingleaveable.

You might be in just as much luck as Vulgalour was a few weeks back.  I have to do another run the length of the country both up and back this coming week.

PM me the pick up address please, and I'll look to see how easy the diversion is.  I know where FOD is, so drop-off is well known!

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Plus you could nip in to the field and do a few powerslides, flicking the wheel out of the boot at just the right moment.  Wouldn't even need to turn the car off.

EFA

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

It's funny to think that once upon a time JCB 3Cs were shiny and new.

What are you saying about my machine!

It arrived the same as a new machine.

DSCN4199 broad.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I bet that new ones gone wrong already in a scary expensive electrical way a few times though... 

That Fastrac is no longer new, delivery was January 2008.