Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

On 8/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, Richard_FM said:

I think in Brazil some cars can run on fuel made from sugar cane waste.

It isn’t waste - it is sometimes worth more than the sugar. Which is why most plants split the process and produce it from molasses or low purity recycle flows. Those that take cane to ethanol directly are boom bust operations from year to year. Shell and BP both have big joint ventures with sugar companies in Brazil but hedge their bets making both.  I played a minor part in the development of this technology. Long since developed further by younger generations and my little contribution is a just footnote in history.

1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

Very hearsey. I approve

image.png.26ba9d39cb93707b48d2c119ab16cb34.png

image.png.0780e18f60d1bd311e1386a4c5c5e492.png

If they’d swept the roofline down and kept the rear screen level with the rear windows that would look awesome. Sure maybe you couldn’t get a twin-tub washing machine and mangle (or whatever shit people used to lug about in the olden days) in but whatever. Maybe a split tailgate would have worked nicely too. 

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

ADO 16 hatch? Oh no, R16 was far more innovative.

The chap who owned the garage in the village (it was a family business) told me when I had my R16 that the R16 showed up just how bad the contemporary British offerings were, without being mental like a DS - all-alloy engines, electric cooling fan, five bearing crankshaft, load-compensated braking at the rear and a ride no British car could touch. 

10 minutes ago, Rod/b said:

If they’d swept the roofline down and kept the rear screen level with the rear windows that would look awesome. Sure maybe you couldn’t get a twin-tub washing machine and mangle (or whatever shit people used to lug about in the olden days) in but whatever. Maybe a split tailgate would have worked nicely too. 

If they'd spent some money altering the rear door frame they could have made it look like a normal estate. It suffers from the same problems as the P6 and XJ6 estates, though not to the same extent, with downward sloping rear doors completely failing to match up with the stuck on estate section. 

The tailgate appears to be from an Austin 1100 estate but mounted more upright. It fits the 1100 perfectly. 

5863624287_6449e8f376_b.thumb.jpg.51543a44ec89bf17cb41245cbc4bd68f.jpg

But doesn't fit the 3-Litre at all. 

1 hour ago, barrett said:

Here's the 1800 for anyone interested. It might just be the only acceptable car Crayford ever built
b7c230d371846874d155b5f521e59981.jpg

An interesting conversion but I don't see the point of it after 1969. Surely it was a lot more expensive and didn't do much a Maxi couldn't do.

Wow, that Sunbeam's a new one to me.  It's a bit like a cross between an Alpine and a Minx and maybe some sort of Lancia or early BMW coupe.  Never seen that before.

awyoaSj.jpg

bvRUP8d.jpg

428cWdO.jpg

Some more info in this link

https://www.below-the-radar.com/sunbeam-venezia/#iLightbox[image_gallery_1]/3

Wonder if it had an older brother . . .

g5FLBLh.jpg