Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

A Celica van? Now that is something I have to see, couldn't find one on Google.

I'll see if I can turn up a pic - a T180 model Celica 'van' appeared on the AS Facebook page a year or two ago, courtesy of an Irish spotter, prompting much hilarity and disbelief.

ETA: Can't find it yet, but here's a Ford Puma, Citroen BX and Nissan Micra K10 all in 'van spec'.

post-17915-0-08803800-1512986836_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-00912100-1512986865_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-80356000-1512986892_thumb.jpg

While the Nissan is factory built and the Cit is coachbuilt (Heuliez?), I suspect the Puma, as with the Celica, is more of a homebrew job - my understanding is that in Ireland if the rear windows were blanked, the rear seat removed and any mounting holes welded up, it could be reclassified as a van for taxation purposes and make big savings for the owner.

There should be more 4 door saloon-based pick ups in the world.   Not the Animal/Amakok variety beloved of the rigger-booted, just odd-ball saloons with big open backs....

You mean like this one?

dacia_1307-3.jpg

Here's a good 'un, 2005, drive and leafs at the back just like a real car, 800cc carby engine. What's the catch? Horn wasn't reliable. Only 600 made, the Adam Revo. Crafty Vauxhall, nicking it's name and good looks.

attachicon.gifadam-revo-1051cc-2005-6218684.jpgattachicon.gif88bfe94437850702a1bb86aa246397fc21bd2a5c.jpgattachicon.gifhqdefault.jpg

It's not rear wheel drive.

1ee267df8fd75617374bc353c1c7a84a.jpg

Talbot, on 11 Dec 2017 - 1:08 PM, said:

Now think about that.....

I'd already thought about it, and decided that Citroen's witchcraft suspension also counted as 'lowered' e.g. when parked. But I also wanted to incude other rear-spatted cars.

It's not rear wheel drive.1ee267df8fd75617374bc353c1c7a84a.jpg

You're right, and my dreams are shattered LP. Shows you can't believe what you read on Wiki.

No carb in your pic either, but what if the 800 was carb and rear wheel drive? OK, I know when I'm beaten...

• Like 1

I'm sure you all want to see the dashboard of the Kiira Smack, a car named after the substance that raddled the brain of its designer:

da466f408fecf919d2ec2db7d9a2ddf2.jpg

I'm reminded of that 206(or was it 207? who cares) advert where some indian bloke is driven by the power of advertising to panel beat his Hindustan Ambassador until it looks like a 206(or 207) that's been in one of those golf-ball sized hail storms. Like someone's been shown a fuzzy picture of what the interior of a modern car ought to look like for 10 seconds, then asked to reproduce it in plasticine.

I'm reminded of that 206(or was it 207? who cares) advert where some indian bloke is driven by the power of advertising to panel beat his Hindustan Ambassador until it looks like a 206(or 207) that's been in one of those golf-ball sized hail storms. Like someone's been shown a fuzzy picture of what the interior of a modern car ought to look like for 10 seconds, then asked to reproduce it in plasticine.

Like this? (I think this is a genuine pugit though)

8731304908960c7261f4de19cda3e320.jpg

post-17915-0-51246700-1513080997_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No26JKQKZNE

I'm sure you all want to see the dashboard of the Kiira Smack, a car named after the substance that raddled the brain of its designer:

da466f408fecf919d2ec2db7d9a2ddf2.jpg

The Kiira's interior designer, taking a well-earned rest:

vlcsnap-01463.jpg

Have we had the Citroen Centipede?

michelin_plr.jpg

ds-millepattes-6-690x460.jpg

Ah, I remember reading about those a while ago. Mental bits of kit. Two Chevrolet V8s in it, one of which is just to power the truck tyre testing rig mounted in the middle of it. :D

EDIT: Have another mental Citroen. The CX Tissier. Love these too.

1986-cx-tissier-staton-wagon-61-006.jpg

• Like 3

Like someone's been shown a fuzzy picture of what the interior of a modern car ought to look like for 10 seconds, then asked to reproduce it in plasticine.

Anyone remember the issue of Jalopy which claimed that the Austin Allegro Estate was designed by a bloke

who had only a badly crumpled picture of a Reliant Scimitar to base it on?

• Like 2

Is that a septic Accent? Didn't think those were available over here but there was a LHD import knocking about at work a short while ago. It looked rather grim and made me wonder why anyone would bother importing such a pile of dross - subsidised US Forces shipping I guess. 

Have we had the Citroen Centipede?

For some reason I have my pedant head on. Le mille pattes is a millipede in France, not a centipede. A centipede would be a 'cent pattes'.

Edit: Turns out the French call both millipedes and centipedes 'mille pattes'. As you were men.

Edited by martc
  • Like 3

From

http://autoshite.com/topic/6939-the-wolseley-six/?p=1378644

Asimo, on 17 Dec 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:snapback.png

Interesting to read the Chevrolet Citation being compared as the 'American Landcrab'

Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg Chevrolet_Citation_II_rear.jpg

I knew about them and still have an unmade Monogram kit in the loft (I've grown up now), had forgotten all about them until that post

highlights:

Citation was the best-selling car in the United States in 1980

The front end was slotted into the Pontiac Fiero amidships.

in the 81 tests the x-11 on a skidpad pulled higher number than a vette

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/12/curbside-classic-1980-chevrolet-citation-gms-deadliest-sin-ever/