What will the Supershite of the future be? Next Avantime.

NorfolkNWeigh

I've spent a lot of time looking for a new work car, so under 6 years old ,big saloon for under £10,000. All the usual German suspects plus Lexus,Chrysler,Volvo and Jag.

But this morning I put into the Autotrader search over 3 litre petrol and some proper future shite came up.

post-17414-0-22383400-1411913201_thumb.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409187500876/sort/atcustom/radius/1500/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/bmw/usedcars/page/1/model/7_series/postcode/mk109au/maximum-age/up_to_6_years_old?logcode=p

post-17414-0-41040100-1411913341_thumb.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409257700319/sort/atcustom/postcode/mk109au/page/1/model/legend/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/honda/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_6_years_old/radius/1500?logcode=p

post-17414-0-35083200-1411913567_thumb.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201409207559251/sort/atcustom/make/nissan/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/mk109au/model/murano/maximum-age/up_to_6_years_old?logcode=p

I didn't even know you could buy Grandeurs and Legends in the UK and I'd completely forgotten about the Murano.

Citroen C6s and Chrysler 300s don't count ( basically because I might buy one of either of them)

I did find one big misfit that looks a bit like a 4x4 Edsel only does about 15 mpg and sold in single figures,again I'd totally forgotten they existed ,but you can buy a 5/6 year old one for the price of a good* night out( including coke,bubbly+hookers).

Just seen a VW Phaeton down the shops this afternoon. 'Blimey, Passats are getting big now', was my initial reaction. They start at under three grand for an early one. Six grand will get you a much newer one. I do like them and definitely a future shite candidate.

• Like 1

I fully intend to purchase either a Hyundai Grandeur or Honda Legend next year after I turn 30. Partly as a present to myself.

They are GR11 for the money IMHO, especially if someone else pays for the fuel.

• Like 1

And what about the Nissan QX? This 2.0 V6 will get you to 60 in 14.1 seconds on the way to a top speed of 114mph. Take that, Fritz!

post-17634-0-67157400-1411914632_thumb.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403132479730/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/nissan/model/qx/radius/1500/postcode/ne380qj/page/1?logcode=p

• Like 2

Just seen a VW Phaeton down the shops this afternoon. 'Blimey, Passats are getting big now', was my initial reaction. They start at under three grand for an early one. Six grand will get you a much newer one. I do like them and definitely a future shite candidate.

They were on my list,until I went to a place near St Neots that exports lots of big shite and they've got 2 Phaetons parked up knackered with the dashes looking like spaghetti factories- the gearboxes are the usual VAG quality * too and they're not even Multichronics.

Agree a W12 or V10 dizzler would make a serious uber-shite wafter.

• Like 1

I reckon those Legends are a canny buy if you can stomach the MPG and £485 per annum RFL.

As an aside a bloke I work with has a 13 plate Lexus GS250 and I was surprised that the road tax was 'only' £285 - that's a fiver more than I pay for my wife's 02 Avensis 2-litre.

Was completely annahilated off the lights by a Nissan murano. Think it was the 3.5 one as it fucked off like a bullet. Peculiar gearbox or engine note though and seemed to rev high as if clutch was slipping. Was they a cvt box?

Nissan had to seriously discount Muranos, particularly the 3.5 pez ones, when the recession hit. You could probably get off the lot for not much more than half list price.

I saw one of those Legends recently in a car park, had never seen one before and had assumed it was a US spec Accord. I reckon most will end up being exported as will be worth virtually nothing due to engine size/ tax costs when about 8-9 years old, yet will still be practically mint

The QX is not futureshite, it's right in the shite sweet spot now!

Anything Renault that has a big petrol engine, a big diesel engine and/or an automatic gearbox, and probably just anything with a Renault badge.

You can get a soft top murano in the states i shit you not .

The other one similar to the murano is the original Mazda cx-7, which original only came with a super gutsy 2.3 turbo pez engine so no one bought them.

Keith Adams has just brought an Avantime down from Scotland, so expect much enthusiastic wordsmithery in CCW quite soon.

Yes it was mine. We did the arthur daily type hand shake over the bonnet to expect to see my fat face in the magazine next week.

• Like 2

By that's an ugly looking thing..the picture half way down looks like a very poor photoshop and it claims to be ...

THE FIRST EVER

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE CONVERTIBLE

apart from all the other ones.

Only 74 years late to the party.

480x300xbantam-history-slide-4.jpg.pages

There was a quite low mileage (60k rings a bell) Hyundai Grandeur for sale on the south coast a few months ago, 57 plate i think, only fetched about 2250 ebay, unsold, he relisted for 2350 classified and i seriously thought about it, then he upped the price to about 2500 so that was me out, still cheap for what it is, but anything in £500 ved bracket has to be either mega cheap or tarmac ripping to make that £500 govt scam bearable....can't believe what the Irish are being turned over for though, sod that.

Kias seem cheap at the moment, why hasn't Hyundais used price increase been reflected in Kia, Magnetis for example dirt cheap compared to equivalent Sonata which are now up in Mondeo/Avensis price band.

Not sure we'll be buying much current modern euro shite in years to come,  the things are pegging out willy nilly either still in or just out of warranty, will we be lusting after proper Japanese and Korean stuff in 20 years time, i'm considering personal grey importing a mid 00's 70 series Landbruiser for me dotage, last truly simple rugged motor made?

The difference in price between the magentis and sonata is ridiculous. I think certain incarnations of both have a very pleasing shape, a proper three box sedan the likes of which are probably nearing extinction

• Like 1