time to clean the car then

gary_davidson

I washed the MR2 yesterday because it's "going out" tomorrow, then today deliberately went to work in the Tacuma so I didn't get more dirt on the Toy than I had to.  Of course it hasn't stopped raining since I put my sponge away...

Today I washed the company Skoda Fabia TDi. I've taken it upon myself to do this because non of the other housemates can be arsed. I like cars and I like cleaning them. I also took on the job of cleaning another colleague's Fiat Marea saloon. It's been in our garage for ages, certainly a long time before I came out here so naturally it was very dusty.

The Skoda is gleaming now which isn't a surprise being a new car, the Fiat is a lot cleaner and nicer looking now too, but it has a lot of sun damage and flaking lacquer.

Non of the company Skodas ever get washed seemingly which means I can pull into the carpark with the cleanest car. Being near to Morrocco, we did get hit with a lot of the sand so today was spent getting in the crevices.

No pics I'm afraid, PhotoFucket has decided to become even more unresponsive and unbearable to use.

I washed my car yesterday! Now that may not sound like much of an achievement but it'sthefirsttimeI'vehandwashedacarin the two years since I broke my back. I felt proper proud of my little fat self!

Used to have a wife that did it for me, but recently been using the Polish guys -do a good job as well for a fiver.

No hose, no bucket and no proper sponge, but it was properly minging after all the sahara sand and I staggered about with the washing up bowl full of waterl

The dog helped as well - pee'd on each of the wheels in turn as I washed them, he seemed to think he was helping!

I took the Cherry to my local Polish wash several times.  Before each show I'd take it in for a Number 4, so I wasn't being cheap with it, that's £25 a pop.  Then one time the Pole on the lance kept banging it on the wheelarches, while I was sitting in the car ffs!  Tbf, one of the blokes who'd seen the car before stepped in and gave him a break, but he very nearly got a different kind.  I haven't been back, and never will.  That one wanker has soured the whole industry for me, I'd rather do it myself than subject any car of mine to such abuse.