The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

watching youtube on tv - chap on a ct 125 doing a tour in south eastern usa

prepping for TAT hes on the north/south carolina border and what look like forestry tracks and he keeps coming across no free access signs which is odd cos on the google maps he edits in you can see it is a proper road

some of them have been gated (!) but as he points out as he says something as he pulls back out on one

id love to go down that road but i dont wanna get shot

whic must be a real possible

reminds me of a chap on bmw site who went to usa and was riding on vancouver island and kept getting the same thing and found out later it was to do with logging - locals dont like it and so try to restrict movement which is kinda ok if its being done illegally but for the normal gadgees its just a shame

TAT on a 125 EEK :)

While trying to persude a wasp to leave my garage using a can of carburettor cleaner I spilt some of it on the 'busa's seat hump - the can was empty so only a few drops came out and even though the bike was covered it still went through the cover. I poured water on it straight away - it had'nt damaged to colour coat but had stripped the clear. So it was flatted and re lacquered.

20210521_170147.thumb.jpg.7f03b3b480d0624104a7b5d7260d9711.jpg

I obtained a sticker to hide a couple of blebs. The moral of the story? What goes around comes around. I got the wasp but Karma took a great shit on me.

500km ride undertaken on the Dullvill yesterday to a number or places I've not been to before.

20210527_203936.thumb.jpg.fe2c7e2dcc2feafc3c21c1de20cfec02.jpg

My neighbour gave me the route, as he drove it in his motorhome over a few days. Hats off to him, because in a number of places the road was very narrow with quite large drops. 

Started in Crevillent, rode north to Almansa and picked up the N330 from there. Rode the route I have (badly) highlighted. Some absolutely stonking roads, even on the Dullvill, which was far better that I thought it would be. And very, very comfortable AND gave 70mpg overall. 

48 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

500km ride undertaken on the Dullvill yesterday to a number or places I've not been to before.

My neighbour gave me the route, as he drove it in his motorhome over a few days. Hats off to him, because in a number of places the road was very narrow with quite large drops. 

Started in Crevillent, rode north to Almansa and picked up the N330 from there. Rode the route I have (badly) highlighted. Some absolutely stonking roads, even on the Dullvill, which was far better that I thought it would be. And very, very comfortable AND gave 70mpg overall. 

I've been that way a few times, I have some amazing routes around Almeria if you fancy a longer trip, I'll put them up at some point.

34 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

I've been that way a few times, I have some amazing routes around Almeria if you fancy a longer trip, I'll put them up at some point.

Now we can move between provinces, any routes you can assist with will be gratefully received. Looking to do a few three or four day trips, and I fancy heading westward inland. 

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

bassa

3 hours ago, AlsoMike said:

How do i go about getting this heap exempted from MoT? Its a 1981 model but first date of registration comes up as 2002 on the dvla. Any advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_20210421_185641_794.jpg

ignore the date of registration

what does it say for year of manufacture on the DVLA? thats what the deciding factor is :) 

to get it MOT exempt you just fill out a V112 and present that when you tax it

but I Dont think it will be eligible for nill rate tax yet as that works on the financial year, so only vehicles from BEFORE 1981 are Nill rate tax (and it moves forward a year every April)

2 days on the bounce I took the Bumflan to work.
No slouch up to 50 in the traffic light GP.
Next job is to unbolt the seat hump and hurl it into the sea and set about looking for an Isuzu hoop style headrest which will fit the mounting holes. 8c91c3d23e21ec2fbd324f5a56c6dbf8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

From my research that only works for the later ones, the hump on that is held on by 3 bolts not the 2 sliders.

I asked about this on a FB group and a guy said he had done this:

400seat.thumb.jpg.5c111f2a4eff8d1b5e3c06e69131d284.jpg

May be an image of saddle-stitched leather

He said that gave a couple of inches. 

I did have a brief investigate and found that under the hump there isnt much padding and there are a couple of lumpy bits, so you might have to de-staple the cover to put some padding in and just ditch the hump.

20 hours ago, AlsoMike said:

How do i go about getting this heap exempted from MoT? Its a 1981 model but first date of registration comes up as 2002 on the dvla. Any advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_20210421_185641_794.jpg

That looks like to have been well stored since 1981,  lovely original looking condition. 

Any recommendations for a phone holder that doesn't cost the earth?

It's a scooter so can't have anything that clamps on the bars as they are covered in plastic.

Would a magnetic one be total madness? There is an area on top of the bars I could stick a holder to but am I gonna lose my phone?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JINC-Universal-Dashboard-Adjustable-Compatible/

The other option would be something that bolted to the top of the brake reservoir.

8 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

It's a scooter so can't have anything that clamps on the bars as they are covered in plastic.

Would a magnetic one be total madness? There is an area on top of the bars I could stick a holder to but am I gonna lose my phone?

The other option would be something that bolted to the top of the brake reservoir.

Mate of mine has his smart phone in his pocket with Sat nav instructions going into his brain via a combination of cable, and head phones.  Says you just have to listen carefully. Would rather not attach the phone to the bike, because...well it's going to break if you crash. 

9 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

A magnetic one will fall off, as soon as you hit a bump, what you need is one of these under the mirror

Screenshot_20210530-084546_eBay.thumb.jpg.9149b44c83cb8cdb1b902b9701875236.jpg

They work well, the phone doesn't fall out, I have a more sophisticated setup with ram mounts and quad lock case now but have used one like the above for years.

Unless you completely cartwheel the bike the phone won't get damaged in an off and to be honest it'd be the least of my worries if I did.

There are plenty of options available, the sky is the limit, using one of these gives you a hard mounting point for any ram mount.

Screenshot_20210530-084351_eBay.thumb.jpg.959475721373db50c9c0cb1b2e590368.jpg

Can you get Babe Station on that Hairnet?

In other news  seat hump removed and launched into the sea. Piece of foam camping mat inserted under seat cover and holes closed with gorilla tape - gained a couple of inches and believe me a couple of inches makes a lot of difference