The dash at night

dollywobbler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Sorry guys... It's the closest I could get to being in the dark! All the other changeover points were on the road... 👍 👍 👍 

DSC_2643.JPG

More than a little bit jealous...

30 minutes ago, PhilA said:

You need to get some green lights and have the whole lot in EL turquoise.

What will most likely happen is that the horrible pale blue filter on the speedometer will go and I'll try to match that reasonably closely to the fuel gauge (which has the filter built into it, and it can't be easily dismantled).  The lower gauges will probably be left as is.  I don't mind so much having the dash one colour and those another...but the mismatch on the dash itself bugs me!

2 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Sorry guys... It's the closest I could get to being in the dark! All the other changeover points were on the road... 👍 👍 👍 

DSC_2643.JPG

im curious does the speedo actually work? and if so how accurate is it do ya think? (also which RT is it exactly out of curiosity? :)

the last RT I was on, it did not, and it was probably a good thing it did not work as the driver was happy to hurtle along at some rate of nots, ignorance is bliss and all that LOL but dont get me wrong was quite fun :)

(I managed to blag the seat behind the driver, where curious said window behind the driver was missing so I got a quite a good view into the cabin, tho at one point someone shouted at me to tickle the drivers ears, which you be pleased to know I did not, lest I send an RT into the East Grinstead countryside greenery LOL)

IMG_0032.JPG

3 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

im curious does the speedo actually work? and if so how accurate is it do ya think? (also which RT is it exactly out of curiosity? :)

the last RT it did not, and it was probably a good thing it did not work as the driver was happy to hurtle along at some rate of nots, ignorance is bliss and all that LOL but dont get me wrong was quite fun :)

(I managed to blag the seat behind the driver, where curious said window behind the driver was missing so I got a quite a good view into the cabin, tho at one point someone shouted at me to tickle the drivers ears, which you be pleased to know I did not, lest I send an RT into the East Grinstead countryside greenery LOL)

IMG_0032.JPG

It is RT1702. https://www.rt1702.co.uk/ My first Half Cab Driving Experience! This is me drifting* down East Grinstead in 2019...

The Speedometer is totally* accurate! 

I aim for 35mph* where possible... 

Lots of fun to punt around Central London; the transmission makes perfect sense there! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

IMG-20190430-WA0006.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/03/2021 at 21:41, Tim_E said:

Sometimes it looks better in the pics than in real life. Sometimes it's over saturated and over bright. 

Still,  nice.  

And all the information you'll ever need, right there.

Away with your decadent Imperialist warning lights and onboard computers!

• 3 months later...

Today's horrible rental van.

IMG_20210711_214030.thumb.jpg.dad46301ef8262d336cb986ce9c30347.jpg

IMG_20210711_213937.thumb.jpg.1cdfb9d9cecdbe176b305a094df581fb.jpg

Very cold and uninviting.

At least they've made the typeface easier to read than on the previous gen where the speedo in particular was really fussy and hard to read at a glance.

IMG_20210711_213944.thumb.jpg.568bb258c40e21c1458074584233090f.jpg

Pointless bloody touchscreen nonsense present and correct of course.