Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

Slim pickin's this morning 

PXL_20261004_083753260~2.jpg

Yebbut... Corgi Fiat Jolly!  WOW!

  • Agree 1
Posted

Is the red emergency telephone lead going into the white socket a secret perpetual electricity device

 

 

Posted
5 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Is the red emergency telephone lead going into the white socket a secret perpetual electricity device

 

 

Yeah you have to be really quick doing it though, or all the pixies escape 

Posted

Been pissing about a bit more with the Minichamps Fords, the Scorpio has a pair of mirrors now, cheap 3D printed jobs that were meant to be Mondeo items, but they do the job, and number plates with the reg number of my brother's old Aubergine one,

IMG_20261004_001352_edit_16932901141665.jpg.b627568138a68ff23966c9668ad73c0c.jpg

IMG_20261004_001528_edit_17020029041215.jpg.afa31c9c0a8686d9972498db8b71a80c.jpg

I drove a Mondeo Mk1 hatch some years ago when I worked on the taxis, one of the first Mondeo private hire cabs on the road in our town, when Mk3 Cavaliers and Sierras still ruled. It was Tourmaline Green, rather than Mallard, but this model now has the reg number from that car,

IMG_20261004_000550_edit_17068800758280.jpg.87a8bf64a9262fa69a12c4b173be96e8.jpg

IMG_20261004_000516_edit_17084109479212.jpg.1e66f734950660ab991080b982241c3e.jpg

(Starting to have a nightmare cutting these plates out nowadays, think I need to get an eye test sorted soon 🤣)

Posted

A very mixed bag of bits this morning.

No name (LJN?) police cruiser is a nice heavy casting

PXL_20261004_135323498.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fbccb93a26d3464e511874bb008a7634.jpg

PXL_20261004_135326590.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b6b31f40d701ca7179593ebee2e092db.jpg

PXL_20261004_135330399.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.efcbeb99d032f641bacae808ef0c00ee.jpg

20p Prisoner Moke is actually pretty good now I've carefully removed most of the grime

PXL_20261004_135302853.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8279a1ba3face1715102c5e83c4e1f30.jpg

PXL_20261004_135245118.jpg.6079e9854c590d330e7ee505d8d23be0.jpg

PXL_20261004_135306595.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.32ad0e74feba11b948f3fa3d454bff18.jpg

PXL_20261004_135311743.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d39e9421650d9f4ebee9cf4a0e2b7478.jpg

I owe the bloke a quid for this Dinky Dublo taxi, as neither of us had any change

PXL_20261004_133812597.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.1be68df2c60f336431a85601b6e06d0c.jpg

PXL_20261004_135336556.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.355ed3d12429a11f52e32990edc863a9.jpg

PXL_20261004_133815261.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.2224b999e2dac147f7aa70fa5b44bf98.jpg

I nearly left this Chinese no-name behind after being asked for a whole pound in exchange for it, but where else are you going to find a Nissan March convertible?

PXL_20261004_133750957.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3ff5e0fd4a58b593de408ee6640d9e32.jpg

PXL_20261004_133746379.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9170c9f273a460ed7c3c1ad0ad5f6a1c.jpg

PXL_20261004_133754403.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.0fca534f0e506923d3153292dec4c58e.jpg

Marx (or copy of, more likely) Tractor unit in lairy colours

PXL_20261004_133730787.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.eacf7dc22f02254df60a4af3b97c8d06.jpg

That Fiat, another pound. I intend to do a Steve Flowers order for this, but I don't think I'll bother with the roof as it's quite ugly. I quite like the look of the yellow versions but with a red interior it'll look like rhubarb and custard 

PXL_20261004_133708988.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b6e484b2d7d8387be1c267951eb83423.jpg

PXL_20261004_133704169.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.1f4d0793ab859be8c61b5d2104aacc42.jpg

PXL_20261004_133712975.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d3ac219aa4bed4e54968f1809dab41f7.jpg

Today's 20p weirdo is this Japanese Transformer 

PXL_20261004_133456600.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9f75ebf81975730a20951f5f22909692.jpg

PXL_20261004_133449858.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fa349862cd52978ecb06bafecf6f7bab.jpg

PXL_20261004_133535867.jpg.e4f274453d42fd160463ae737967a919.jpg

PXL_20261004_133459509.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8053aebfe23ee506e377ce0e7318e5f2.jpg

PXL_20261004_133623771.jpg.e3082dbc2aa2371a337b9a87a152ee9e.jpg

PXL_20261004_133504893.jpg.653698f937a0dd6167a1aa5767e6c0de.jpg

A Mebetoys Hot Wheels Firebird that's an improvement over the battered one I already have

PXL_20261004_133431774.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.28c6c9a29b259459285c63242a34eb97.jpg

Lovely Norev Renault 16 was my most expensive buy at £5.00

PXL_20261004_133357452.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8eedd636e81d49eea0df0134679aab3a.jpg

PXL_20261004_133352348.jpg.aaddc38a690af72ae697043d3652b7f5.jpg

PXL_20261004_133401457.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d8e74cdc26dd3a2dc89297b150f801f0.jpg

Golf is, I think, a knock-off Lego type kit

PXL_20261004_132933108.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.2e49cae4ff60a90cd6dd1c77017b893b.jpg

PXL_20261004_132929007.jpg.005bb5189ec3680fdc349c32dac938cf.jpg

PXL_20261004_132938360.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b5d23ea22ba74f7b969b728c2a170d67.jpg

Big ol' Lucky Mercedes tanker

PXL_20261004_132109570.jpg.e89d71edbf379046bea6f9d4d0add0fe.jpg

PXL_20261004_132101109.jpg.1d40287e7f75bab2b74e1ab4452eb7d3.jpg

PXL_20261004_132123967.jpg.aeb7da9d1b026af82acdb6a41b78a8d1.jpg

PXL_20261004_132116328.jpg.e3ba78b0782979fab9fa83446e0eacc8.jpg

PXL_20261004_132132149.jpg.08a693ee52fd8c9dda7ee92702a286b7.jpg

These last I bought off Vinted

PXL_20261004_132510210.jpg.e6e8a0bed4cfe7e97e0ac63e9cd8727f.jpg

65p!

PXL_20261004_132527319.jpg.d6eec8d9fcfd023f6965331a1af29e1e.jpg

Didn't know Juniors were numbered?

PXL_20261004_132519819.jpg.d9e925a42f3480ccd68db0cf63d0668e.jpg

PXL_20261004_132837523.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3c42ad04dd66e250e92bae5820d11dde.jpg

PXL_20261004_132832546.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fcb8ab2461488d1f162e422d80ff2d55.jpg

PXL_20261004_132841188.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.cc11213bf8af3de2565a88b6e3eeebcd.jpg

PXL_20261004_132541580.jpg.8bdb1a83de9e6e59d2b7e57b76694408.jpg

PXL_20261004_132548851.jpg.d953d14f1bf336868b82555b62c55f10.jpg

PXL_20261004_132724186.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.00d9f99bdc3f7e273519776853d8e415.jpg

PXL_20261004_132717034.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fd2b7a086d07680f358c9db21f3565bd.jpg

PXL_20261004_132727636.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.443125ed167f90216bca9689f6543b7a.jpg

PXL_20261004_132610880.jpg.616baa004191c05ba7a59b09763a3b04.jpg

PXL_20261004_132618137.jpg.e853b2faf679284f62df85a95db4a7bc.jpg

PXL_20261004_132805677.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3993b1a85c62fdb5373d213172866f1c.jpg

PXL_20261004_132800858.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg

PXL_20261004_132809215.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg

Posted

Does anyone fancy this 3D printed four post lift kit with oil drainer? 1/43 scale but it’ll work just as well with old Corgi/Dinky etc stuff.

I bought it ages ago but it won’t fit inside the little garage workshop ive built! Comes flat packed but it’s easy to assemble and doesn’t even need glue if you want to keep it able to be packed away. 
You can pose it with the lift down or up and it’ll hold a diecast car easily. There’s also a beam jack which can also hold a car up while it’s on the ramp.

Oil drainer is in white primer.

You can get them on eBay for £12, I’ll do this for a fiver posted.
 

IMG_0125.jpeg.db837837cbf38a9e7082190af20858be.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg.60cf12674c75c4262f09e9c1139b220c.jpeg

Posted

Bit of a before and after today. 

Wasn't in much of a diecast buying mood again today, but did spot this absolutely filthy but seemingly straight and undamaged Bburago Metro sitting forlornly on the floor. £3 didn't seem bad and so home it came.

It was only when I got in did I realise just how deep the grime went. It was absolutely caked in dirt and tobacco stains, to the point where I thought it might not be saveable.

However, luckily this era of 1/24 Bburago are easy to get into, so two screws later it was in pieces and the clean up could begin. An old toothbrush and soapy water did most of the heavy lifting, but still left behind decades of staining. Some Bicarb and White Vinegar did manage to improve a lot of the staining, particularly on the windows, but some will remain forever. However, I'm pretty happy with the rescue and while it's not perfect, it's certainly far better than it was a few hours ago.

PXL_20261004_1258191552.jpg.d2c38b01688b921117d5a4a7ccfd0b93.jpg

PXL_20261004_1430461072.jpg.fb4ff230cedf83bcffba04427adbc4d4.jpg

PXL_20261004_1527233082.jpg.3591310d5794978e1283c0266cd067da.jpg

PXL_20261004_1537513662.jpg.f6538776baf0c8a0bd0bf5a05b48be46.jpg

PXL_20261004_1548290482.jpg.304f4ff78db7f1cd533e56c2f5f14892.jpg

PXL_20261004_1549226312.jpg.0d5571e8a0a2f8e7ee8c0387250d0a52.jpg

PXL_20261004_1549003232.jpg.f8f663b812c841c5ab7c38f24535f227.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

I nearly left this Chinese no-name behind after being asked for a whole pound in exchange for it, but where else are you going to find a Nissan March convertible?

PXL_20261004_133750957.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3ff5e0fd4a58b593de408ee6640d9e32.jpg

PXL_20261004_133746379.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9170c9f273a460ed7c3c1ad0ad5f6a1c.jpg

PXL_20261004_133754403.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.0fca534f0e506923d3153292dec4c58e.jpg

EDaMlIc.png.525a6ee48c25a6b133101190263fd2c4.png.a371c7448e370af65c6b99c692a0e269.png

Not really my cup of tea. However, I've always been after models of K11 Micras, particularly the 1/43 ones as I don't have anytbkng K11 model-wise (apart from 1/1 S-reg in a garage).

The 1/43s are very difficult to find and usually very pricey. 

12 minutes ago, WillCarter said:

It was only when I got in did I realise just how deep the grime went. It was absolutely caked in dirt and tobacco stains, to the point where I thought it might not be saveable.

However, luckily this era of 1/24 Bburago are easy to get into, so two screws later it was in pieces and the clean up could begin. An old toothbrush and soapy water did most of the heavy lifting, but still left behind decades of staining.

PXL_20261004_1258191552.jpg.d2c38b01688b921117d5a4a7ccfd0b93.jpg

PXL_20261004_1537513662.jpg.f6538776baf0c8a0bd0bf5a05b48be46.jpg

Mate, thats absolutely brilliant, and welcome to the 1/24 Metro owners club.

The same happened with the 205 Turbo-16. It was utterly filthy and very dusty. A good bit of soap and water brought it back to how it should be. It's not had a dab of car polish to help brighten the paintwork.

  • Like 3
Posted
21 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Mate, thats absolutely brilliant, and welcome to the 1/24 Metro owners club.

The same happened with the 205 Turbo-16. It was utterly filthy and very dusty. A good bit of soap and water brought it back to how it should be. It's not had a dab of car polish to help brighten the paintwork.

Thank you mate, I appreciate that. It's not perfect, unfortunately some of the grime got under the stickers, and without replacing them it'd be impossible to remove. But it's loads better than it was, and no longer a health hazard.

Do like this era of Bburago, so please share away.

Posted
1 hour ago, WillCarter said:

dirt and tobacco stains

AKA Giffer Grime ®

  • Haha 3
Posted
On 28/09/2026 at 11:58, Remspoor said:

Started to go though some of the stuff I collected from Dad's More to follow.

diecast.jpg.046cca681a7ae08c022c4358947f593d.jpg

First post detailing the die-casts in this post.

New York Checker cab. More than likely purchased by my mum when we went there in 98

Made in China, with a friction motor that is not working as it should.

cab2.jpg.5775b64973cb5f06942a92da134b3c61.jpg

Sill has the price sticker on it.

cab1.jpg.800d2f7717eb9f329735cdf21a13eef5.jpg

cab3.jpg.1eace57b3321b87ba8ea0bfaaeaffc3e.jpg

Next Bedford HA van. No makers name Bedford HA from Auf Wiedersehen. For some reason my mum added the family name over the Taylor name. This side ahs been patly removed.

The reg is of one of my cars EYL370 a HA saloon.

havan3.jpg.5ce75dd2c4a5d7d9ad43c6584fe5a2b4.jpg 

havan2.jpg.f8add02a8ebe91ddfeb81e6e988088b3.jpg

havan1.jpg.2981d92b77413bb9c044d05120474160.jpg

havan4.jpg.ec95b7280b90775b3e60abc614a12e01.jpg

part 2 below

Posted

part 2....

 

Matchbox Merc 500SL with some damage

merc3.jpg.e629cd22c12cca27e8068c3a12261cb3.jpg

merc1.jpg.6d68a7e9dec967a97b522027b9c666d3.jpg

merc2.jpg.d509b2379cf2011b8c78462fb1a1e559.jpg

 

next Majorette Nissan 300ZX

nissan3.jpg.f782bc0ef47b273484b8a28f08f7d703.jpg

nissan1.jpg.2e7fa78fcec043ff5ae2452a1a847218.jpg

nissan2.jpg.b7252f921edcd22bbd2d573789d4585f.jpg

And a Volvo 760 also made by Majorette

Volvo7601.jpg.4291b6c297a4a5bff2b5e998cb4426df.jpg

Volvo7602.jpg.084dabbc166065fb2c1b99b2d0fe1eef.jpg

Volvo7603.jpg.3160486122a19ab93f0de127551e127b.jpg

I have no idea why these 3 were in the house. Maybe my nephews cars.

Posted

Last post for now. A Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun)

The plastic in the sunroof is a bit loose bu it is good condition.

My Parents had a Shogun back in the day.  There's was maroon of gray. It never went off road.MitsubishiPajero1.jpg.d4cc827d38a4d515c4c7d228e407fc97.jpg

MitsubishiPajero2.jpg.a938855c3da2e4efb1c072904033697f.jpg

MitsubishiPajero3.jpg.24fe52da3f1431aacee64b45ee535571.jpg

MitsubishiPajero4.jpg.5cb37ab5ebf87c1ebe1d3e0a0cb584cd.jpg

Posted

I got few bits at a boot fair this morning, starting with this very clean SuperKings Gran Fury Taxi for £2

IMG_6202.JPG.7b591bb3ff799c6cb9b10a82b4d72ba6.JPG

Not had one with a complete aerial before

IMG_6201.JPG.0db32ed436c50f863ccbe19d58c19615.JPG

Also very nice K2 transporter for 50p

IMG_6203.JPG.e96d46a563caf02140714dfc1fc01f90.JPG

Also 50p for this Corgi Wild Honey

IMG_6206.JPG.a7456f43096d1a1bb1201fc59fd4f2d5.JPG

These were 50p each or 4 for £1. I kind of had it in my head that people would want the Matchbox motorbike trailer, but of course it's really the motorbikes everyone's after!

IMG_6207.JPG.1564aedcc25054917014d4779a508269.JPG

The plastic Buddy L Camaro is quite nice

IMG_6204.JPG.e3e200501c8214956d4cc3f285edbed2.JPG

IMG_6205.JPG.38bb25e3eafb2b5ea407d7aa42247ce3.JPG

Dinky TR7 for 50p

IMG_6208.JPG.16d862fedbb6bc8cc1c66d980e3b1a4a.JPG

Mrs Concern bought this Corgi Monkeemobile for £5 which was reasonable

IMG_6209.JPG.0db78e3d26170f121e7a488fc18ffca4.JPG

I got her a much nicer one for her birthday a few years ago which was missing Mickey Dolenz and I got a Steve Flowers one for it. This has all four original Monkees and Mickey will get swapped over

IMG_6210.JPG.9f293ad10cce1c1a39779aa9db5110a1.JPG

Posted
1 hour ago, FakeConcern said:

very nice K2 transporter for 50p

IMG_6203.JPG.e96d46a563caf02140714dfc1fc01f90.JPG

Now you just need a nice Capri to go on the back

20211117_150400

 

Posted
9 hours ago, WillCarter said:

Do like this era of Bburago, so please share away.

Check the couple of Metros I bought here.

Posted

Took my Mum out shopping yesterday, and because I'm only 50 years old she decided to buy me a toy car!

Merc1.jpeg.c3b06923093d6621a3d313da96e09489.jpeg

Goes with my other -bigger- Pig. 

Merc2.jpeg.d24490d24da3a972b52d5115a0326cd1.jpeg

 

Although the fact that its Murder Black, means it pretty much disappears on the shelf. I might get one of those chrome pens to highlight it a little. 

Posted
14 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

The plastic Buddy L Camaro is quite nice

IMG_6204.JPG.e3e200501c8214956d4cc3f285edbed2.JPG

IMG_6205.JPG.38bb25e3eafb2b5ea407d7aa42247ce3.JPG

Now you just need the Kenworth Transporter and the red Camaro, to complete the set 😄

IMG_0225.jpeg.608f28c8e768fa0c6e1704b6f7bdce0f.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Posted
19 hours ago, bunglebus said:

A very mixed bag of bits this morning.

No name (LJN?) police cruiser is a nice heavy casting

PXL_20261004_135323498.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fbccb93a26d3464e511874bb008a7634.jpg

PXL_20261004_135326590.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b6b31f40d701ca7179593ebee2e092db.jpg

PXL_20261004_135330399.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.efcbeb99d032f641bacae808ef0c00ee.jpg

20p Prisoner Moke is actually pretty good now I've carefully removed most of the grime

PXL_20261004_135302853.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8279a1ba3face1715102c5e83c4e1f30.jpg

PXL_20261004_135245118.jpg.6079e9854c590d330e7ee505d8d23be0.jpg

PXL_20261004_135306595.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.32ad0e74feba11b948f3fa3d454bff18.jpg

PXL_20261004_135311743.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d39e9421650d9f4ebee9cf4a0e2b7478.jpg

I owe the bloke a quid for this Dinky Dublo taxi, as neither of us had any change

PXL_20261004_133812597.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.1be68df2c60f336431a85601b6e06d0c.jpg

PXL_20261004_135336556.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.355ed3d12429a11f52e32990edc863a9.jpg

PXL_20261004_133815261.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.2224b999e2dac147f7aa70fa5b44bf98.jpg

I nearly left this Chinese no-name behind after being asked for a whole pound in exchange for it, but where else are you going to find a Nissan March convertible?

PXL_20261004_133750957.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3ff5e0fd4a58b593de408ee6640d9e32.jpg

PXL_20261004_133746379.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9170c9f273a460ed7c3c1ad0ad5f6a1c.jpg

PXL_20261004_133754403.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.0fca534f0e506923d3153292dec4c58e.jpg

Marx (or copy of, more likely) Tractor unit in lairy colours

PXL_20261004_133730787.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.eacf7dc22f02254df60a4af3b97c8d06.jpg

That Fiat, another pound. I intend to do a Steve Flowers order for this, but I don't think I'll bother with the roof as it's quite ugly. I quite like the look of the yellow versions but with a red interior it'll look like rhubarb and custard 

PXL_20261004_133708988.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b6e484b2d7d8387be1c267951eb83423.jpg

PXL_20261004_133704169.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.1f4d0793ab859be8c61b5d2104aacc42.jpg

PXL_20261004_133712975.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d3ac219aa4bed4e54968f1809dab41f7.jpg

Today's 20p weirdo is this Japanese Transformer 

PXL_20261004_133456600.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9f75ebf81975730a20951f5f22909692.jpg

PXL_20261004_133449858.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fa349862cd52978ecb06bafecf6f7bab.jpg

PXL_20261004_133535867.jpg.e4f274453d42fd160463ae737967a919.jpg

PXL_20261004_133459509.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8053aebfe23ee506e377ce0e7318e5f2.jpg

PXL_20261004_133623771.jpg.e3082dbc2aa2371a337b9a87a152ee9e.jpg

PXL_20261004_133504893.jpg.653698f937a0dd6167a1aa5767e6c0de.jpg

A Mebetoys Hot Wheels Firebird that's an improvement over the battered one I already have

PXL_20261004_133431774.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.28c6c9a29b259459285c63242a34eb97.jpg

Lovely Norev Renault 16 was my most expensive buy at £5.00

PXL_20261004_133357452.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8eedd636e81d49eea0df0134679aab3a.jpg

PXL_20261004_133352348.jpg.aaddc38a690af72ae697043d3652b7f5.jpg

PXL_20261004_133401457.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d8e74cdc26dd3a2dc89297b150f801f0.jpg

Golf is, I think, a knock-off Lego type kit

PXL_20261004_132933108.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.2e49cae4ff60a90cd6dd1c77017b893b.jpg

PXL_20261004_132929007.jpg.005bb5189ec3680fdc349c32dac938cf.jpg

PXL_20261004_132938360.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b5d23ea22ba74f7b969b728c2a170d67.jpg

Big ol' Lucky Mercedes tanker

PXL_20261004_132109570.jpg.e89d71edbf379046bea6f9d4d0add0fe.jpg

PXL_20261004_132101109.jpg.1d40287e7f75bab2b74e1ab4452eb7d3.jpg

PXL_20261004_132123967.jpg.aeb7da9d1b026af82acdb6a41b78a8d1.jpg

PXL_20261004_132116328.jpg.e3ba78b0782979fab9fa83446e0eacc8.jpg

PXL_20261004_132132149.jpg.08a693ee52fd8c9dda7ee92702a286b7.jpg

These last I bought off Vinted

PXL_20261004_132510210.jpg.e6e8a0bed4cfe7e97e0ac63e9cd8727f.jpg

65p!

PXL_20261004_132527319.jpg.d6eec8d9fcfd023f6965331a1af29e1e.jpg

Didn't know Juniors were numbered?

PXL_20261004_132519819.jpg.d9e925a42f3480ccd68db0cf63d0668e.jpg

PXL_20261004_132837523.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3c42ad04dd66e250e92bae5820d11dde.jpg

PXL_20261004_132832546.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fcb8ab2461488d1f162e422d80ff2d55.jpg

PXL_20261004_132841188.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.cc11213bf8af3de2565a88b6e3eeebcd.jpg

PXL_20261004_132541580.jpg.8bdb1a83de9e6e59d2b7e57b76694408.jpg

PXL_20261004_132548851.jpg.d953d14f1bf336868b82555b62c55f10.jpg

PXL_20261004_132724186.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.00d9f99bdc3f7e273519776853d8e415.jpg

PXL_20261004_132717034.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fd2b7a086d07680f358c9db21f3565bd.jpg

PXL_20261004_132727636.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.443125ed167f90216bca9689f6543b7a.jpg

PXL_20261004_132610880.jpg.616baa004191c05ba7a59b09763a3b04.jpg

PXL_20261004_132618137.jpg.e853b2faf679284f62df85a95db4a7bc.jpg

PXL_20261004_132805677.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3993b1a85c62fdb5373d213172866f1c.jpg

PXL_20261004_132800858.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg

PXL_20261004_132809215.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg

That Micra is superb! 

Posted
19 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Today's 20p weirdo is this Japanese Transformer 

PXL_20261004_133456600.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9f75ebf81975730a20951f5f22909692.jpg

PXL_20261004_133449858.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fa349862cd52978ecb06bafecf6f7bab.jpg

PXL_20261004_133535867.jpg.e4f274453d42fd160463ae737967a919.jpg

PXL_20261004_133459509.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8053aebfe23ee506e377ce0e7318e5f2.jpg

PXL_20261004_133623771.jpg.e3082dbc2aa2371a337b9a87a152ee9e.jpg

PXL_20261004_133504893.jpg.653698f937a0dd6167a1aa5767e6c0de.jpg

Heh, I had that very toy when I was about five or six - can't remember where it came from!

I thought this was maybe a GoBots toy (Bandai toys made under licence by Tonka, and sales of which pre-dated Transformers in the US/ Europe by a year), but it seems not.

I guess a lot of toymakers jumped on the vehicle/robot bandwagon in the early '80s; I think I only had one actual branded Transformer toy (Smokescreen - Datsun 280ZX?) but quite a lot of rubbishy little no-name cars, trucks and planes that awkwardly folded up in various ways to reveal blocky heads and limbs, looking  equally like neither a robot nor a vehicle at any given time.

Passable stab at an N30 series Toyota HiLux, though the weird additional pull-back drive wheel at the back was a bit strange. I think this basic moulding also came with a few different loads on the back; I seem to remember some different versions, although mine had these same opening doors revealing missiles.

Nice find!

Posted

Im not usually a fan of diecast hunting in Asda as their toy aisles ALWAYS look like a bomb has gone off in them! I'd heard Hot Wheels Case Q is appearing there in big dump bins for just £1.35 each.

Well i found some Hot Wheels but also a new Majorette 5 pack with the eagerly awaited new Toyota Land Cruiser.

20261005_132501.jpg

Posted

Asda are currently getting in big quantities of Case Q Hot Wheels for their £1.35 Rollback promotion. A rather good mix.

Its exceptionally rare these days im first to a new Case.

20261005_134546.jpg

Posted

Could it be the missing link? 

s-l1600(1)(8).webp.5be4b1d899567c8d27b015166b74538a.webp

Silver body, beige interior, black base...

All the images were at this angle but it really screams that the interior is not red...

Like an idiot, I embarked on collecting Renner 5 variations. There are plenty out there, but this is one that I have never seen. Why wouldn't it exist? Bought the lot on the chance for a score. 

Posted
19 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

Mrs Concern bought this Corgi Monkeemobile for £5 which was reasonable

IMG_6209.JPG.0db78e3d26170f121e7a488fc18ffca4.JPG

I got her a much nicer one for her birthday a few years ago which was missing Mickey Dolenz and I got a Steve Flowers one for it. This has all four original Monkees and Mickey will get swapped over

IMG_6210.JPG.9f293ad10cce1c1a39779aa9db5110a1.JPG

Seeing that Monkeemobile upthread reminded me that Corgi Model Club are apparently relaunching a replica version, from April next year.

Their forthcoming releases are looking a little like this:

6ab2acfc97f14cdaac6cd7b5

The much-promised, but not yet delivered, BMC Mini police dog handler van is expected to make its much-delayed appearance the month before the Monkeemobile, in March 2027. Apparently they've been having trouble getting the plastic dog lead right, as it has to be strong enough to stay in shape yet flexible enough to slip round the dog's neck without breaking.

Overall I've found CMC's shift to become part of Corgi proper to be a bit of a retrograde step - the vast majority of their releases over the past two years have just been recolours of previously issued castings, or else reboxed versions of film and TV tie-ins already available from the Corgi shop.

I think the Heinkel economy car back in February and the Ecurie Ecosse Commer transporter from last December have been the only fully new castings we've seen. The Bond Astons, Green Hornet Black Beauty, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Yellow Submarine have all been reissued before, and while the CMC editions may have had a few changes to make them more like the original releases, it's hard to get very excited about them (and I've mostly skipped over them).

IMG_20260306_1958182.jpg.4a9f952b1703867194446263239dc86f.jpg

The next few months' releases are similarly restricted to different coloured versions of what we've had before, including various 'Member Exclusive' colour releases which won't be available in their online shop.

Again, I'm debating whether this is a collection worth continuing with as I've skipped the past six releases, and look set to skip the next three upcoming models as well, since they're just more recolours.

As the complaint amongst diecast collectors went in the '80s, I collect models, not paint - simply releasing the same few castings again and again with different colours and decals doesn't feel like a collection that's worth my time and space (and money). Some of these models are on their fourth variant now (Chevrolet Impala, Land Rover 109).

I can see why new parent Hornby Hobbies wants CMC to help fill the black hole in their coffers by re-using existing tooling rather than commissioning new models, but I can see this strategy backfiring somewhat as collectors turn away from the brand... or maybe they're focusing on marketing their already-available models in new overseas markets, and UK collectors can go whistle.

Still haven't heard anything about the Whizzwheels collector club that was promised last year, either - other than 'it's still happening'.

God, I'm a whinge these days.

Posted

I don't mind some recolours if it's a particular rare version, but yes I'm skipping a fair few now.

My other annoyance is they tend to send the email saying my next delivery is about to be sent out on a Friday afternoon, then they bugger off all weekend so don't respond to my "no thanks" reply

Posted
2 hours ago, MVX11V said:

Could it be the missing link? 

s-l1600(1)(8).webp.5be4b1d899567c8d27b015166b74538a.webp

Silver body, beige interior, black base...

All the images were at this angle but it really screams that the interior is not red...

Like an idiot, I embarked on collecting Renner 5 variations. There are plenty out there, but this is one that I have never seen. Why wouldn't it exist? Bought the lot on the chance for a score. 

The best missing link variation would be to fit the radial engine from the Mini Ha Ha into the Renault 5,

Cut out the roof screen area to fit the cartoon pilot,

Flare the arches, transfer the wheels over,

Paint the body French Blue, paint les cocardes (french roundels) to the doors,

Tricolore the tailgate.

Hey Presto! A unique Renault 5 Aviation Militaire.

Or just call the whole thing off.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...