Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Recommended Posts

Posted
18 minutes ago, matt79 said:

Is the hearse based on an ambulance casting? 

Well spotted!  Yes, it's the old Corgi 1962 Cadillac that so often turns up missing the big dome light from the roof, and usually quite a lot of paint.  The flower car behind it is cut down from another the same.

100_1672.JPG.94196caddfaf2ad8e3c36b3e24217a73.JPG

100_1675.JPG.4b06dfc5533ff9569af0aa782adb68d6.JPG

Posted

I picked up a box this morning...

100_3859.JPG.b7cd8750ccc16499ef1efd2c9a3d8101.JPG

Which looked like this inside...

100_3860.JPG.40e97c0f5a3c83b8ab9b5e861513ad4c.JPG

Interesting code of some sort... no idea what it means!

Oh yeah, the contents...

100_3861.JPG.0e74b02af4956151aeecd8bd7cc4904d.JPG

100_3862.JPG.99085229de8180e7ea75afb92f6b2d3f.JPG

100_3863.JPG.3e37588280c6a7ce7a3cabcbfdf313f7.JPG

And a little bonus...

100_3864.JPG.3688068c81516b28d0aaa5fb43efd1c9.JPG

All courtesy of the excellent @Tenmil Socket so Thank You, kind sir!

Posted

Corgi did a 1:43 prototype of a Citroen ID19 Safari as a hearse, complete with wooden coffin

IMG_20241206_1044042.thumb.jpg.86a25248431dca9308f626e2f9ae20d9.jpg

Apparently Corgi executives were well against the idea

It now lives at the the Brighton Toy Museum

 image.png.c444826b73f86773525ce7a497e78d12.png

Maybe they made more than one coffin

Posted

Just sorting through the last of Sunday's boot sale haul and picked out a few bits that are interesting in some way

I can't resist these Hot Wheels Hi-Rakers, especially the 34 3 Window

PXL_20261002_171440236.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.91e01ddca3bd5620c754a993b9291c6c.jpg

Corgi Hot Rod van is a new variation 

PXL_20261002_171017678.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d0c6c3487e37d7c9dae4f9b151f22724.jpg

PXL_20261002_171020613.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.152adee7f29d262f25b24bd47ef7b722.jpg

As is the Volvo, if only because it has different wheels to all the other off white versions!

PXL_20261002_170850760.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.709a3367b999b4cb07b3958f517a3e03.jpg

Darda in a new colour

PXL_20261002_170724456.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.f5f3fc8d929bbd6b55c9ed07726e4314.jpg

I original grabbed this just for japes with the "Side Wineder" sticker, but glancing at the base it appears to be a Zylmex, although oddly the manufacturer's name has been removed 

PXL_20261002_170634652.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.97ae1a68ef69b5ffb27a94660d56b1c8.jpg

PXL_20261002_170630527.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d91e8062158123ce08dd1cf6b0b250b0.jpg

PXL_20261002_170637758.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e7652d7ef9f8aeeeddc131e2de5cb19f.jpg

PXL_20261002_170700483.jpg.63043c55d1305b761b8823e17c1d285c.jpg

PXL_20261002_170708868.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.de68fb61394f6b9ae210e270ce826a90.jpg

Tidy but common Majorette Fourgon VW

PXL_20261002_170531995.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a17381020dbec8e094f2985ca1dfe12c.jpg

But they forgot to chrome both front wheels

PXL_20261002_170526484.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.c24480a1dc26b79e2269fa2002a8cb41.jpg

Can't believe this lovely Wild Honey was in a 50p tray

PXL_20261002_170416764.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3697461d1be8703eea424f73ec2fefa4.jpg

PXL_20261002_170420014.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.5fefde4523350597a1f9d8c8610471ba.jpg

PXL_20261002_170451401.jpg.16b64127c6c4e3824f1f7e630ccffb4e.jpg

On to tomorrow!

Posted
1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

boot sale

On to tomorrow!

Could you get me one of those Lone Star Firenzas you find, please, thanks

Posted

Spotted this 1/18 BMW M3 and made an offer:

s-l1200(1).webp.646d0deaca32af7c7067bc812ca4f474.webp

Got it for about £21. It arrived in a tub a few days ago:

20260930_165711.jpg.6c57ef8a1d21745ffb8a6ab973fca725.jpg

20260930_165928.jpg.d0416b1bf5ab6925535d80a3552aea62.jpg

The seller had taken it apart to recreate a 1/18 of his modified M3 but ended up not having time. There were a couple of extra 3D printed bits with it that I wasn't going to bother with. I like a car as-is.

As I had to go back to work, I didn't really have time to sort it out. But everything was there:

20260930_174403.jpg.65c01875f5f3fc59629afff7be5cf65e.jpg

This morning, after a good long sleep, I decided to bust out some tools and get on with finishing the M3. 

My Revell plastic glue tip was broken and was no longer coming through the pin tip, this resulted in my earlier-purchased blue 1/24 Metro getting a dab of glue on one of its rear passenger glass causing a glue stain.

So after a bit of a faff, I used some cardboard tips to dip into the glue and spread where needed. The doors got loctite as metal-to-metal and they seem, so far, to have done a good job. I haven't tried opening the doors yet, I don't really want to either. So here we have it:

20261003_052543.jpg.7419d648e3bf252675f8a3ee1835921a.jpg

20261003_052555.jpg.d7c045131286f27f64b11ee350e4641a.jpg

20261003_052615.jpg

Plus, I got a free tub to keep other knick-knacks in. Win win.

Posted
4 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Spotted this 1/18 BMW M3 and made an offer:

s-l1200(1).webp.646d0deaca32af7c7067bc812ca4f474.webp

Got it for about £21. It arrived in a tub a few days ago:

20260930_165711.jpg.6c57ef8a1d21745ffb8a6ab973fca725.jpg

20260930_165928.jpg.d0416b1bf5ab6925535d80a3552aea62.jpg

The seller had taken it apart to recreate a 1/18 of his modified M3 but ended up not having time. There were a couple of extra 3D printed bits with it that I wasn't going to bother with. I like a car as-is.

As I had to go back to work, I didn't really have time to sort it out. But everything was there:

20260930_174403.jpg.65c01875f5f3fc59629afff7be5cf65e.jpg

This morning, after a good long sleep, I decided to bust out some tools and get on with finishing the M3. 

My Revell plastic glue tip was broken and no longer coming through the pin tip on it, this resulted in my earlier-purchased blue 1/24 Metro getting a dab of glue on one of its rear passenger glass causing a glue stain.

So after a bit of a faff, I used some cardboard tips to dip into the and spread where needed. The doors got loctite as metal-to-metal and they seem, so far, to have done a good job. I haven't tried opening the doors yet, I don't really want to either. So here we have it:

20261003_052543.jpg.7419d648e3bf252675f8a3ee1835921a.jpg

20261003_052555.jpg.d7c045131286f27f64b11ee350e4641a.jpg

20261003_052615.jpg

Plus, I got a free tub to keep other knick-knacks in. Win win.

Nice job on that Mo👍

You might be able to sell the unwanted 3D printed bits on evil bay for a few quid back?

  • Like 3
Posted
12 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

IMG_20241206_1044042.thumb.jpg.86a25248431dca9308f626e2f9ae20d9.jpg

Apparently Corgi executives were well dead against the idea.

image.png.c444826b73f86773525ce7a497e78d12.png

EFA.

  • Haha 3
Posted
12 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

I picked up a box this morning...

100_3859.JPG.b7cd8750ccc16499ef1efd2c9a3d8101.JPG

Which looked like this inside...

100_3860.JPG.40e97c0f5a3c83b8ab9b5e861513ad4c.JPG

Interesting code of some sort... no idea what it means!

Oh yeah, the contents...

100_3861.JPG.0e74b02af4956151aeecd8bd7cc4904d.JPG

100_3862.JPG.99085229de8180e7ea75afb92f6b2d3f.JPG

100_3863.JPG.3e37588280c6a7ce7a3cabcbfdf313f7.JPG

And a little bonus...

100_3864.JPG.3688068c81516b28d0aaa5fb43efd1c9.JPG

All courtesy of the excellent @Tenmil Socket so Thank You, kind sir!

I have no idea what the code means either. We receive many of those boxes at work from Korea and a colleague kindly keeps them for me once emptied as they’re perfect for sending die-cast due to their size and how strong they are. 

  • Like 3
Posted

Yellow 935 is a weird one for me, it always looks like it's had something spilt over it. It's like the strangest choice of colour evah.

Posted
5 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Small but interesting haul from this morning 

PXL_20261003_095156391~2.jpg

White Cossie and BMW book look interesting. That said, I have a couple of 1/43 Cossies (2 x Vanguards and 2 x Vitesse).

Posted

Okey dokey, a few more die casts delights to look at.

This was an eBay win

PXL_20261003_112908189.jpg.382530a0758beaed2101de32c241c43e.jpg

PXL_20261003_112914688.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e1a97c203d615d1f49d6bffa73ae5a82.jpg

PXL_20261003_112937175.jpg.5b14b926dfa1f856e523f47a340946ee.jpg

PXL_20261003_112929905.jpg.9935c0bbc46d6e36914feb662b585648.jpg

PXL_20261003_113002663.jpg.e4f96eddd1d1e46c3a9f5ff561d60a6c.jpg

PXL_20261003_113007871.jpg.e7fd90c0218c4fe66d1b55a73acc1461.jpg

For the life of me I can't get it off the base! It has highlighted a difference between the yellow and blue versions - presumably the blue ones were never sold in these display cases

Dinky Toys 208 VW Porsche 914 Dinky Toys 208 VW Porsche 914

A couple of needy Dinkys that will go to new homes

PXL_20261003_112224646.jpg.bd3c5e79b026907367fbab8e060ed5ce.jpg

PXL_20261003_112204012.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3c79a3ccd01113838c22b75a1ff34378.jpg

Budgie FX4 has been well looked after

PXL_20261003_112123902.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.61351938c1eeec16d6229408a84b1dc3.jpg

PXL_20261003_112138159.jpg.47de2cd5c0a8b50aba030e00621af943.jpg

I pulled a few newer things and models out of my usual seller's stash, he doesn't care about toy cars so they all just get thrown in carrier bags, despite telling me they were sold to him in boxes. Sometimes I just have to rescue them!

Capri is pretty cool, presumably a Professionals tie-in

PXL_20261003_111723480.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.639cabcfdf365f846d456eaa1d514dc7.jpg

PXL_20261003_111718295.jpg.0bae1aab7d1450289acbbda597dd932c.jpg

PXL_20261003_111734465.jpg.e596fa428ed90f75b309d2c9d97e56da.jpg

Rather nice Matchbox Jag came from elsewhere 

PXL_20261003_111645231.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.845247636b7352ac614c8a032b3dc8b0.jpg

PXL_20261003_111655499.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d869128a7d7ec5a33c55f82073506439.jpg

More rescues from the bag of cars, I rather like the Daimler hearse, despite the recent scratch and cracked window it's acquired 

PXL_20261003_111557635.jpg.ea2f533560634ae2c3a851c1f78add37.jpg

PXL_20261003_111544763.jpg.d4bbf5e4f6b277964bafc30df91d03ab.jpg

PXL_20261003_111608335.jpg.f23747c0eac0364503aa8d4f2a028381.jpg

PXL_20261003_111616427.jpg.8de5a111e27ef2cbd58463063281c64d.jpg

Not so fussed about the Cresta

PXL_20261003_111425942.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.376f05bf54173209f78cb6af6f44c7f5.jpg

PXL_20261003_111421356.jpg.35ae4bc6a1ac4acf564b34b3487541c8.jpg

PXL_20261003_111430069.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3e7d3b149bb93c9307be59f5eae16f07.jpg

PXL_20261003_111438385.jpg.e3ed2d6ef3238b9867e985f2881d8c88.jpg

Or Cosworth - again a couple of missing bits/chips thanks to careless storage. All these cars must have been mint until very recently 

PXL_20261003_110953715.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.83dd0f84a251f3bcf0b5c4dfdb36a395.jpg

PXL_20261003_110948690.jpg.16f1eb22fd21cedb7b1b58471be29555.jpg

PXL_20261003_110958544.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e654a1ae3b97e69ee58a2cbec4c66be4.jpg

PXL_20261003_111024400.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.98771c1029c1bc146451f8becde5ef90.jpg

PXL_20261003_111004174.jpg.3004ba2f48f8abd05d37e6f7d3299390.jpg

Gama BMW was from the young lad who sometimes sells at the boot sales

PXL_20261003_105659315.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d605324f5e536d180a64fcfface78c59.jpg

PXL_20261003_105655161.jpg.a99e1e1546dd62c2346e6f248150fcb7.jpg

PXL_20261003_105702758.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.0e140c14bb43e899c29a4bca598e6c71.jpg

PXL_20261003_105707142.jpg.d75cc7a29d521f4ae7902bc25c63358d.jpg

PXL_20261003_105710999.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.f2acc9a4d087cddf1049281040aba15e.jpg

What's that Matey? It's a Datsun Sunshine

PXL_20261003_105441789.jpg.ab2dc24a9e7f61b3200ae3ba0544a5b1.jpg

PXL_20261003_105446502.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.6c15992b08000f8f2bccc89d7173d40f.jpg

PXL_20261003_105503476.jpg.d5d560e2a3154940f4f17d1c23836aef.jpg

PXL_20261003_105518739.jpg.9b04179ededfbe51178b6cb893cdfccb.jpg

Hot Wheels Trash Truck

PXL_20261003_105223211.jpg.5fa6a83fc01c28dd53bbbf385599fee5.jpg

And a Hot Wheels/Corgi collaboration BMW 850

PXL_20261003_105209167.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.15a75aa02828904f98b5773eacf1e17c.jpg

This is an interesting one, Motor Tomica "Wagon Car", surely a Honda CR-V?

PXL_20261003_104336063.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.4e458c951b569bfda7bd82f4fcee0f02.jpg

PXL_20261003_104338986.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a8eb8ad642107aa5bfcef5af9d09f5e3.jpg

PXL_20261003_104502974.jpg.180e394dc0f377143cb1255049721fb5.jpg

Battery included, and thankfully hasn't leaked - plus I had one I bought previously to test some other weirdo, so I can confirm it works

Majorette Thunderbird, and like the last one, the bonnet doesn't close thanks to a bit of plastic propping it up. Was it meant to get snapped off during production?

PXL_20261003_104259815.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.c231ea9aae8300c6b9917f3a9ef00a1a.jpg

PXL_20261003_104309750.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.ae87357b407c1396c1ef64c7da360f97.jpg

Still astounds me that you can find a 60+ year old toy for a few pence. How many kids have owned and played with this before I bought it today?

PXL_20261003_104015077.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.10c10643e1d111664b51309403781ef6.jpg

Fiero is in a new to me colour scheme

PXL_20261003_103955582.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.578e730f6fb21343f4d203fa7ba10b50.jpg

As is the Porsche 935

PXL_20261003_103708702.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a934e6e8f2c94f9f2507c74c8dc9f88d.jpg

PXL_20261003_103713167.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9f259d7b5d27a659eab57f1d1fb9c324.jpg

I only pick these up if I happen to find them and they're tidy, trying to get them all would lead to madness

PXL_20261003_103848289.jpg.1dd38c3faa7876f28e7d30fcc4575e90.jpg

Got a call from the young lad seller after we'd left his stall, as he'd found something;

PXL_20261003_102940958.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.22e8906dba7815d4f865da581167fb00.jpg

And I bet she still won't stop

IMG-20261003-WA0017.jpeg

Posted
11 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Not so fussed about the Cresta

PXL_20261003_111425942.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.376f05bf54173209f78cb6af6f44c7f5.jpg

PXL_20261003_111421356.jpg.35ae4bc6a1ac4acf564b34b3487541c8.jpg

PXL_20261003_111430069.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.3e7d3b149bb93c9307be59f5eae16f07.jpg

PXL_20261003_111438385.jpg.e3ed2d6ef3238b9867e985f2881d8c88.jpg

Or Cosworth - again a couple of missing bits/chips thanks to careless storage. All these cars must have been mint until very recently 

PXL_20261003_110953715.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.83dd0f84a251f3bcf0b5c4dfdb36a395.jpg

PXL_20261003_110948690.jpg.16f1eb22fd21cedb7b1b58471be29555.jpg

PXL_20261003_110958544.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e654a1ae3b97e69ee58a2cbec4c66be4.jpg

PXL_20261003_111024400.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.98771c1029c1bc146451f8becde5ef90.jpg

PXL_20261003_111004174.jpg.3004ba2f48f8abd05d37e6f7d3299390.jpg

Happy to give these a home if you're looking to get rid?

Posted

I thought I'd have a comparison shot of my recently acquired 1/18 Solido M3 alongside a 1/18 Maisto BMW 325i convertible that Ma_Sterling bought me many years ago.

20261003_142813.jpg.f5316c6fbb416d7008a5bf6846f9cdd5.jpg

20261003_142836.jpg.3743f698f32a86df33b5dda0ee83e7a6.jpg

20261003_132607.jpg.9efc648d629d5f8ded0f300cf003e2be.jpg

20261003_132742.jpg.eb383bef32af008cad4a969b6396758f.jpg

20261003_132430.jpg.c34921119e8105638b3b4d2684722f9f.jpg

Ma_Sterling bought me the 325i convertible around 1993/1994 when I was living in Brussels with Fatha_Sterling. 

I wasn't overly protective of it then, I regularly took bits off it and put them back like I was some sort of pretend mechanic.

Anyway, 30-odd years later, its still here with me and generally still in fair condition and I intend to preserve it as best I can. The doors though were beginning to sag quite badly and were quite loose that they wouldn't stay shut for long.

I decided to take it apart and see what I could do. Usually a few taps with a hammer and screw driver will tighten up the flared ends.

20261003_134924.jpg.c355dc2b7a0ca611419a23f45dbc3478.jpg

Thankfully, I got in Ok, its usually here I manage to break something but this time, all was fine as I took my time, I wasn't going to get in if it was going to be difficult. It took a but more than a few taps to sort this out but I managed to get the doors a bit tighter so they don't sag or fly open.

I re-chromed the grille too as it's chrome had long disappeared. 

20261003_144633.jpg.06b598b3fb51b4144228293d4cea7700.jpg

My BMW collection is going well. I do also have a 1/18 E34 535i, a 750i, a 635CSi and a cheapy 850i I bought from a car boot many years ago, one of the first 1/18s I saved and cleaned up.

Posted
2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Small but interesting haul from this morning 

PXL_20261003_095156391~2.jpg

Nice, and all very well, but did you remember to get that Lone Star Firenza I ordered please

Thanks

Posted
Quote

cracked window it's acquired

PXL_20261003_111557635.jpg.ea2f533560634ae2c3a851c1f78add37.jpg

 

Bring out your dead! Ninepence.

I'm not dead!

I'm getting better!

I feel fine!

I think I'll go for a walk!

[singing] I feel happy! I feel happy!

[whop]

[glass cracks in the drama]

Posted
31 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Happy to give these a home if you're looking to get rid?

Damn, not quick enough on the Cresta!

Posted

One of my favourite childhood diecast was a MB  Citroen CX estate in blue, paired with a MB caravan. I'm not entirely sure why the Citroen & caravan were favourites, as I had no real world connection to either, we weren't a  caravan or 'Citroen' family -in fact our family cars were mostly Volvos (my dad, being a traffic cop dealing with countless aftermaths of traffic accidents, wanted his family to be transported in one of the safest cars available for the times, which is fair enough I guess)

Obviously my original CX and caravan are both long gone, but I got a fairly tidy CX in a job lot recently, as well as a caravan 

IMG_20261003_133000482.jpg.cdbbfc83245ac922bf47466da43d06c4.jpg

The caravan is a much later release than my original, (mine having a blue door and blue sticker along the lower sides) but it is very clean, and the blue livery matches the CX. I plan to strip and repaint the CX in a shade similar to the original metallic blue, and I couldn't help myself but change the wheels to something more Citroen like...

IMG_20261003_133905115.jpg.87425e38f19676f67e27fff56c33184f.jpg

IMG_20261003_133956998_HDR.jpg.0a8a40a838f429fd4edcfd93441a8a5b.jpg

 

I also stripped and polished my Galaxy project, and with the garish original paint gone, the casting is actually really well detailed for a cheapy toy. 

IMG_20261003_113555432.jpg.5a38b5c54e9e56c7871a635948de5250.jpg

IMG_20261003_113527595.jpg.119be93a3bcef8c37635b725e20ab69f.jpg

 

Posted

Realtoy seem to be like that generally, good castings let down by the wheels and paint schemes

Realtoy VW New Beetle RSI

 

Posted

I’ve been building more bits on my diorama display thingy, but between letting paint & glue dry I’ve been making something I’ve wanted to do for ages but couldn’t find a suitable donor model. Jumajo came to the rescue in the end!

Orange tipper is what I needed as it’s a day cab Fiat 600 series. I already had the yellow one but it’s a sleeper cab, but I need some bits from it to transfer over to the day cab.

IMG_0108.jpeg.caf03844454aa62db5c9e913a018c4b9.jpeg
 
Ages back I built a Hoynor car transporter trailer but nothing jumped out at me to use as a tractor unit on it, until I found some photos online:

IMG_8780.jpeg.653c2bbd4ea2d0f58f4e114762bfe5c0.jpeg

Not the most common trucks in the UK but they were around. Unusual too that they seem to have the continental/US style wheels with the hubs that unbolt from the separate rim & tyre. In the UK that style wheel is not very common at all.

So some stripping down of the donor model and cutting the chassis down to a 4x2 resulted in:

IMG_0117.jpeg.af30f13f15c42e03fbdf724b1d56492d.jpeg
 
Today between other stuff I’ve rebuilt the chassis to suit a tractor unit, stripped the cab completely down and made a load of spare bits fit!

IMG_0119.jpeg.0d1c89c5f9d0d548a1e23e19b5afa9c3.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg.d6298eb1c4e99202fc000e9e66b5cce0.jpeg

Ive removed the rear double drive axles (plastic separate parts thankfully!) with a spare single axle I had in the spares box.  
Rear mud guards came off a Barreiros that became something else. New fuel tank from an ‘Old Cars’ Fiat truck I dismantled years back. 
front arches & wheels are primed. Tomorrow I’ll get the rear lights sorted and hopefully paint the chassis & wheels dark red. The cab has some filler drying on the back where I removed the high level air intake which I won’t be reusing, then it can be etched primed. 
Next week I’ll fire up the computer and try making some transfers for it.

Posted
54 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Realtoy seem to be like that generally, good castings let down by the wheels and paint schemes

I find Maisto are similar in that respect. I don't know Realtoy make their own castings or source from other manufacturers? I'm sure I've seen old matchbox castings branded as Realtoy.

Posted
3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

What's that Matey? It's a Datsun Sunshine

PXL_20261003_105441789.jpg.ab2dc24a9e7f61b3200ae3ba0544a5b1.jpg

PXL_20261003_105446502.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.6c15992b08000f8f2bccc89d7173d40f.jpg

PXL_20261003_105503476.jpg.d5d560e2a3154940f4f17d1c23836aef.jpg

PXL_20261003_105518739.jpg.9b04179ededfbe51178b6cb893cdfccb.jpg

Interesting, presumably a diecast version(ish) of this thing:

image.jpeg.1ffc4c32386d9fbdc84f6507053eb0e4.jpeg

Posted

Could be, although I suspect probably a copy in the case of the Matchbox.

Realtoy

Realtoy Ford Bronco II Matchbox Ford Bronco II

Realtoy

Realtoy VW Classic Beetle

Maisto

Maisto VW 1300

 

Posted
3 hours ago, matt79 said:

I find Maisto are similar in that respect. I don't know Realtoy make their own castings or source from other manufacturers? I'm sure I've seen old matchbox castings branded as Realtoy.

Realtoy are defunct as of 2023 unfortunately but no they never used old Matchbox castings though they did often copy them as well as copying others like Welly and Tomica in their earlier days.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Posted

Bits and bobs picked up yesterday:

IMG_3779.JPG.4dcff9d94c1b2af05be4329bdfb5fb4b.JPG

HW Skylines and 4 van from a little autojumble, Datsun truck and Team Transport set from Smyths. Been looking for that purple Datsun for some time, and there it was on the front of the peg - first time I've bought a mainline there for ages.

IMG_3780.JPG.a2cd9a6c312c38bf99d0ec0f6a5eafe3.JPG

4 by Guisval. Majorette Impala and Husky Beetle from a little secondhand toy shop that's local-ish, but I hadn't been able to get to for some time. VW will be heading off elsewhere, guess who....

1:43 Humbrol (Heller) Jaguar XJ-S kit

This was from the same secondhand shop. Poor value for money in terms of plastic per pound, but good to get an older release of a kit that's more commonly seen with Heller branding. I have several others in this 1/43 range built or to do, they're pretty decent little models.

Posted
41 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Slim pickin's this morning 

PXL_20261004_083753260~2.jpg

That’s a big nail file!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...