Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Recommended Posts

Posted

Astra mission cancelled as I appear to have contracted Giffer Flu at some point. While I sit here radiating heat, I might as well have a look at some bits. 

I doubt I'll ever top this

PXL_20260927_140455260.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.7ade1657827fe793d02d9f416f91ee1f.jpg

PXL_20260927_140501364.jpg.55d3ba975d9802bbdffca103fac746e5.jpg

PXL_20260927_140507331.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.66f9f50160d5f170a5a337ae238e2ca5.jpg

PXL_20260927_140512320.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8e64b86546c3320e4856f6603e831319.jpg

PXL_20260927_140516295.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d291765524c036b2592f1c3ccbe0ae7f.jpg

PXL_20260927_140521156.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fd4f56e60bd354d58c886dc3b35fc2ca.jpg

PXL_20260927_140601963.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.dded3eabf2914dd5f15c21ddafe7c343.jpg

PXL_20260927_140615279.PORTRAIT.jpg.d4a3feb2dafeeb3ab1179889a9183a4b.jpg

2 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Boobie Radio.

There's also a boobie mug and a boobie... thing. And lots of dirt

PXL_20260927_140921933.jpg

In one of those weird coincidences, I was literally thinking about finding a Firenza in that box, as someone found a blue one at the Brentwood toy fair yesterday 

FB_IMG_1790518450730.jpg.4e4ce33d0ec445538a7568a20563ee73.jpg

No news on price of course 

Posted

Holy crap! After all the jokes about cheap Lone Star Firenzas, he's only gone and found one for real! I think that tops even @Datsuncog's £5 resin FRM bus from a few years ago and it cost not much more than the 25p it would have been new. Just goes to show there are still gems out there with sellers who don't know what they've got.

Posted

Awesome find @bunglebus 👍 (you didn't win the £111 million euro millions jackpot on Friday as well did you?)

With the longer, colder months on the way, I've started my next little project - "soccer mom" (inspired by early / mid nineties mini-truck custom scene)

From this ugly hippo -

Screenshot_20260927-161905_Photos.png.a716e28c468a401467397a92af306296.png

Screenshot_20260927-161939_Photos.png.40a55cee1d2923e051505fe121feef2a.png

 

To this (progress so far)-

Screenshot_20260927-162012_Photos.png.e4989bdb57184fbda9592991b7e5971f.png

Screenshot_20260927-162059_Photos.png.8ba2063bd894d9659f9d9fa0a43b60ef.png

Screenshot_20260927-162041_Photos.png

Thinking yellow / purple / orange colour scheme, a taste of summer for the colder days ahead.

  • Like 9
Posted
49 minutes ago, matt79 said:

Awesome find @bunglebus 👍 (you didn't win the £111 million euro millions jackpot on Friday as well did you?)

With the longer, colder months on the way, I've started my next little project - "soccer mom" (inspired by early / mid nineties mini-truck custom scene)

From this ugly hippo -Screenshot_20260927-161905_Photos.png.a716e28c468a401467397a92af306296.png

Screenshot_20260927-161939_Photos.png.40a55cee1d2923e051505fe121feef2a.png

Progress so far-Screenshot_20260927-162012_Photos.png.e4989bdb57184fbda9592991b7e5971f.png

Screenshot_20260927-162059_Photos.png.8ba2063bd894d9659f9d9fa0a43b60ef.png

Thinking yellow / purple / orange colour scheme, a taste of summer for the colder days ahead.

Screenshot_20260927-162041_Photos.png

That’s brilliant! 
What the heck was it before? Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of those.

Posted
13 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

That’s brilliant! 
What the heck was it before? Can’t say I’ve ever seen one of those.

Its a Mk1 Ford Galaxy / Seat Alhambra / VW Sharan, I believe originally a Maisto / Realtoy casting in around 1/64 scale, It was just a broken model I gained in a job lot purchase and I was just going to bin it....

It actually looks quite detailed, under the garish colour scheme it currently wears - the details for the headlights, front grill & tail lights are cast in not just printed on. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, matt79 said:

you didn't win the £111 million euro millions jackpot on Friday as well did you?

No, and I was a bit annoyed! Thought it was a dead cert.

Not complaining today though, there's a bit too much to catalogue every single one, so I've just cherry picked the nice/rare/interesting ones here.

Dinky Cadillac ambulance is quite the beast

PXL_20260927_151828230.jpg.26169819f05df18464e6a9b0f9ca50ff.jpg

PXL_20260927_151820874.jpg.ddeddb25575206702143494dbeff0623.jpg

PXL_20260927_151851265.jpg.e41dd9981024a145c3c763d377fb3db6.jpg

Picked up the Whizzwheels and red hub Firebirds as projects/donors, the interiors are different? One seems designed to stay as an open top permanently 

PXL_20260927_151759005.jpg.d79d18091e1666476d42a52500c51b52.jpg

Tidy 911 Targa

PXL_20260927_151715322.jpg.7babac0f7313becbe0fa8aca601cbfa3.jpg

MGC is in really good condition 

PXL_20260927_151552299.PORTRAIT.jpg.00d2e9e072f04f1b3db1aff1a2c912d9.jpg

PXL_20260927_151611190.PORTRAIT.jpg.e381df75bb85b8c86432424d59e850c7.jpg

Tilty seats!

PXL_20260927_151630173.PORTRAIT.jpg.ef01fc9f28bad9b13227f244e7449e0c.jpg

I've seen a handful of these in 50p tubs recently, actually took the plunge today. Surely @tooSavvy doesn't need any more?

PXL_20260927_151510326.PORTRAIT.jpg.c4dd7cffa1462efd56947555e82c875c.jpg

This was not 50p, not even close

PXL_20260927_150619958.PORTRAIT.jpg.e5bb11ab02240dd955107f62951dcccb.jpg

PXL_20260927_150612853.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.e5be6bf0ca2631f3650f4f719a1e7191.jpg

PXL_20260927_150623732.PORTRAIT.jpg.98244ebae320887a61f1fa95321b982d.jpg

Interior was fairly disgusting 

PXL_20260927_150641942.PORTRAIT.jpg.63a6049445fbb27910880b4a4a271181.jpg

So I took a chance and gave it a dunk in with the Tupperware 

PXL_20260927_151422726.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.8c187ee764f917f17c6570e4a09ea7a4.jpg

Much better

PXL_20260927_151428351.PORTRAIT.jpg.e860b8b63a953b0619fe65d32d04f209.jpg

I did remove the battery compartment first. TV is playing a documentary about sailing ships it seems

PXL_20260927_151448999.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.0863d45ef71e689d47c9a8ee5ed5fa39.jpg

Newer Corgi Jag is pretty much complete 

PXL_20260927_150500677.PORTRAIT.jpg.562128532b9d550b9cb566a64aad470f.jpg

PXL_20260927_150546569.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.dcb344e60c5cccfa1d802432be95a8aa.jpg

Unbranded base though

PXL_20260927_150552765.PORTRAIT.jpg.c20651534be99964156b9241a074b5eb.jpg

Some Matchbox action now, red grille/interior Mod Tractor is uncommon

PXL_20260927_150320248.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.3260058274253684e401fd50e00ad14a.jpg

As is the green version 

PXL_20260927_150237025.PORTRAIT.jpg.429aa73421addc4d15a856c69d89f4a3.jpg

You also don't get clear windows in a Cambuster very often 

PXL_20260927_150200069.PORTRAIT.jpg

Posted
Quote

TV is playing a documentary about sailing ships it seems

The one back here has the same program on the Telly.

IMG_1289.jpeg.6432b9a0ce01f9ab0e086d8ea84b0e80.jpegIMG_1290.jpeg.5b944ae0a9b30ebc5b296f5ccdc0d6cb.jpeg


What I ought get hold of is the Clown Show, to match my life 

Screenshot_20260927-185021-9332.jpg.2e6a7e19bcc7ca778895c3af195c7c63.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Newer Corgi Jag is pretty much complete 

PXL_20260927_150500677.PORTRAIT.jpg.562128532b9d550b9cb566a64aad470f.jpg

PXL_20260927_150546569.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.dcb344e60c5cccfa1d802432be95a8aa.jpg

Unbranded base though

PXL_20260927_150552765.PORTRAIT.jpg.c20651534be99964156b9241a074b5eb.jpg

Nice, from one of the St Michael Motorway Gift Sets produced for M&S by Corgi in 1978/79:

#8002 Motorway Police Patrol

IMG_20260927_2001172.jpg.b664a174e9bf53c7d76b6c00fdb1294e.jpg

#8102 Motorway Breakdown

IMG_20260927_2000482.jpg.4513dc1a502e6157de0c6793a494d633.jpg

#8402 Motorway Rescue

IMG_20260927_2001082.jpg.63a47403233acd4d14e8f713a6d3e3eb.jpg

If you ever see one of their exclusive Fire Chief Buick Regals, you know what to do. 😉

IMG_20260927_2001312.jpg.6859a76dd68adeb657fff2ab14842b11.jpg

Posted

Smaller bits now, loads of Matchbox but some are fairly average. SD1 is nice though

PXL_20260927_150032555.PORTRAIT.jpg.e5a31e014f6b20f67329e76f8b5c77ba.jpg

Only regular wheels find today

PXL_20260927_145354881.PORTRAIT.jpg.4ea4c16d4f7581cd03f14db9ffead135.jpg

Skip Truck with skip

PXL_20260927_145918949.PORTRAIT.jpg.21fbb2cbbf9260504710bf164d9364d7.jpg

Not the best Commando VW T3 I've ever seen, but I wasn't leaving it behind 

PXL_20260927_145833505.PORTRAIT.jpg.919b87c13422d684af67aa4ac9705d90.jpg

This was what I saw through the side of the big tub that lead me to my special find. It can go on a shelf somewhere with other no-hopers

PXL_20260927_145610087.PORTRAIT.jpg.699cffd991683af9efc7d23499b0640b.jpg

A couple of Speed Riders 

PXL_20260927_145534011.PORTRAIT.jpg.2fb3d1b8bd2c5fb85afb62c74a3e7d92.jpg

PXL_20260927_145512079.PORTRAIT.jpg.a37cd7dcfaa6e76ae2ab97c7ea86d7dd.jpg

The Mrs tool a shine to this Thunderbird 

PXL_20260927_145414185.PORTRAIT.jpg.d89725aff4291541ca571ba2398399c0.jpg

And Jeep. It is very tidy though

PXL_20260927_145316617.PORTRAIT.jpg.c3bfd307372fbfb0593dfe056717dfd7.jpg

Villager. Always amuses me to see where they had to chop off the tow hook to fit it in the box

PXL_20260927_145254891.PORTRAIT.jpg.fa8c0b7ea36d5f6bfcbec8906f8ec432.jpg

Very clean Transit

PXL_20260927_145231420.PORTRAIT.jpg.b96811a304194f0c8e4ffad15281c767.jpg

Another twin pack Field Car

PXL_20260927_145202510.PORTRAIT.jpg.4d5ba56d8af6dc21f3fb35f4f9c97feb.jpg

Ruff Trek with the bits still attached 

PXL_20260927_145133442.PORTRAIT.jpg.df618fb62adb5c7bda4995a065aa8d68.jpg

Dark green, closed door AMX

PXL_20260927_145108934.PORTRAIT.jpg.06d2185f14ab833c909a23ae01975dd4.jpg

And it's American cousin, the Cam Cracker 

PXL_20260927_145040571.PORTRAIT.jpg.6aac089cbaed1b3e0113173d01899b52.jpg

Flamed Piston Popper is another unusual find

PXL_20260927_144953705.PORTRAIT.jpg.146c0d1a118cb38b3c59a531f6490413.jpg

Flames on this one are interesting in an abstract way. Shame really as the US Mail Truck itself was very clean

PXL_20260927_144928118.PORTRAIT.jpg.e71fa1739d1a203765411db9d9ca7b2f.jpg

IMSA Mustang was one of my childhood favourites, this version seems to often be battered to death though

PXL_20260927_144856464.PORTRAIT.jpg.da39fb4ec30c739cba3a94575a909228.jpg

Here's a weirdo. Is this the only Juniors to use the Rostyle wheels from the bigger cars?

PXL_20260927_144616487.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.fd9893401ba74348976ae731a5a63ff3.jpg

PXL_20260927_144624968.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg.8b024e87501bdc8c6a75901ec6d200c0.jpg

PXL_20260927_144620169.PORTRAIT.jpg.80df48f5d3cfbd3c01467fa4ad316e14.jpg

PXL_20260927_144631564.PORTRAIT.jpg.99be78cc0d50005cfd136d7fea18f6ff.jpg

Tidy Majorette was in the Matchbox case

PXL_20260927_144526578.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.6983e7c71db9e773f4b1ac05bc9c4673.jpg

PXL_20260927_144534192.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.f61582ffba1ee6e45cb1cca44746b77c.jpg

There were some blackwall era Hot Wheels about, although this is much newer than it appears 

PXL_20260927_144403797.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a8a3508c0d1daa25697d9b14b6b3382e.jpg

PXL_20260927_144204668.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.485a1a78fbd41beca5c7dad1b72fac11.jpg

PXL_20260927_144046027.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.4bc1c829d4d406754ba7ca75c8043f8f.jpg

PXL_20260927_144050407.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e79a96438259fe496d58285e339fdbb5.jpg

Cute little bus is a keyring by Kinsfun, only 20p and I thought it might look good with custom paint

PXL_20260927_143948020.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.4631ad4684c7a0ae6ac3bb15fc44bf17.jpg

PXL_20260927_143951760.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.fc99322e625a9693e93809298438feea.jpg

Auto Pilen Buggi Playero is heftly. Got a chome one already 

PXL_20260927_143909225.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.926cab81e2cb7d338f085ccb0f6eb7d4.jpg

PXL_20260927_143904894.jpg.5e4a8f4aa3a6e03b5713920458f69409.jpg

PXL_20260927_143915051.jpg.685d499293377fc5232355ed029c706e.jpg

Weirdos contain, among other things, this Triang Spacex vehicle

PXL_20260927_143834606.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d587c15dfadb5727cf1511094e33b699.jpg

PXL_20260927_143838502.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8bca36f258bdd6b4482c4f072536225a.jpg

PXL_20260927_143845457.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.10ff249b19657c2f78990e2e05b239dc.jpg

This plastic fantastic is marked NN no.202 and made in Hong Kong 

PXL_20260927_143735821.jpg.9c8439a2d045264dcab0be3a5f0361fb.jpg

PXL_20260927_143747856.jpg.10a09f225c07d2fb92993634d42c5370.jpg

PXL_20260927_143742052.jpg.d92bf57c617af913f4a285e191224a41.jpg

PXL_20260927_143814119.jpg.027e996b0666091cd315b04ee8216bb2.jpg

FWD naturally. Last plastic one is this trailer which looks very familiar! No brand on it

PXL_20260927_143704874.jpg.01f98da5e643a1002c479b96dd735377.jpg

Scooped up another example of the Mini Dinky Corvette too

PXL_20260927_141909318.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.e7866ce770ae0a39de9f50ceef958cb8.jpg

A Norev Fox Body Mustang 

PXL_20260927_141837405.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.4e0b0e00b6f7cd48bf32be22804caa1a.jpg

PXL_20260927_141841276.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d1fd27a60f696eda72f4273f161bc5f7.jpg

Plus this Guisval

PXL_20260927_141758273.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.8a9b03a00af1d73b18fa5edefc3fc9ca.jpg

Lastly another Lone Star, the "Gran Turismo" Corvette this time

PXL_20260927_141309575.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.c47d6a677297038bdf3fb5d3a01b57b7.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, andrew e said:

That fox body Mustang is a cracker 👌 

It was, until Gemma Collins sat on it and bent the axles

  • Haha 2
Posted

First car boot in a few weeks, was plenty of Diecast around but I wasn't in much of a buying mood for some reason. These were the exception though, all boxed, I was deliberating which ones to get and he said £12 the lot. Well, rude not to, right?

image.jpg.9e239437f6e53e8f9b3597e5d98c2009.jpg

image.jpg.4ffd1547fc331e4c77d6482c8a69699d.jpg

PXL_20260927_1953168272.jpg.a7c8e0046ba70260fcb23689f95c11bb.jpg

PXL_20260927_1952120222.jpg.5d2fd774a2013d7684c2dd3b00cc6da2.jpg

PXL_20260927_1954176502.jpg.46ea198cf21b5308adb2651bdbff6bf1.jpg

PXL_20260927_1955368212.jpg.10f641a55c8bb38b4910f6e4c6aa051c.jpg

Posted
Quote

PXL_20260927_195417650~2.jpg

Oh hello…

A proper Bburago Alfa Romeo 33

They only went and did two sizes, didn’t they.  1:18 and 1:43.

Both were of MK1 version, complete with faithful weirdo dashboards if you take a look inside

8B7589CE-210B-4589-9EF7-55B5F2A9872D.jpeg

I’ve still got a Mk1 in real life 1:1 scale, in the garage. But a bit borked now. To be fair, they were borked when new.

Posted

I have a Ford D series artic Corgi Juniors with the larger Rostyle wheels. As it was a Husky I'm not sure it counts though.

  • Like 2
Posted
16 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Newer Corgi Jag is pretty much complete 

PXL_20260927_150500677.PORTRAIT.jpg.562128532b9d550b9cb566a64aad470f.jpg

 

 

14 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Nice, from one of the St Michael Motorway Gift Sets produced for M&S by Corgi in 1978/79:

#8002 Motorway Police Patrol

IMG_20260927_2001172.jpg.b664a174e9bf53c7d76b6c00fdb1294e.jpg

#8102 Motorway Breakdown

IMG_20260927_2000482.jpg.4513dc1a502e6157de0c6793a494d633.jpg

#8402 Motorway Rescue

Just realised I have another one

Corgi Jaguar XJ12C

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Little bit more Impy Lonestar love for a Monday - got some lacquer on this yesterday, a few more little details to do but I'm calling this project complete (for the most part)- 

Screenshot_20260928-105111_Photos.png.6269f04d239a70d7aa05639d0853ab29.png

Screenshot_20260928-105133_Photos.png.4751996f88dfa671d63bc82dd9ac624a.png

Screenshot_20260928-105202_Photos.png.d01d2c2c60c3cd87507cdb1c9ea27345.png

Need to get a better backdrop, not a tatty paint stained cutting mat....

Posted

Started to go though some of the stuff I collected from Dad's More to follow.

diecast.jpg.046cca681a7ae08c022c4358947f593d.jpg

Posted
17 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

Looks like water based paint to me

I thought the same, but Fairy and the other half's toothbrush failed to shift it

  • Haha 2
Posted
3 hours ago, matt79 said:

Screenshot_20260928-105133_Photos.png.4751996f88dfa671d63bc82dd9ac624a.png

 

What did you do to get a decent engine in there? I seem to recall you couldn't just chop out the bay due to the axle location. I think on mine I ground the original 4 cylinder off and glued a Matchbox engine in, after painting everything black to hide the carnage

Lone Star Ford Zodiac custom

 

  • Like 3
Posted
39 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

What did you do to get a decent engine in there? I seem to recall you couldn't just chop out the bay due to the axle location. I think on mine I ground the original 4 cylinder off and glued a Matchbox engine in, after painting everything black to hide the carnage

Lone Star Ford Zodiac custom

 

I cut the engine bay casting out completely, using a jewellers saw. Had to glue the front doors shut (the spring for these is mounted under the engine casting). The base has a small locating tab on he rear, the front is held with a dab of super glue. The axles are mounted in .8mm tube, glued to the top side of the base. The engine itself is one I printed at home as a test (I won a 3d printer roffle on here a few months ago, so now I have another new toy  expensive hobby)

Posted

anyone parting with any renault 19 5 door hatchbacks cheap? phase 1 and 2  if possible

Posted

Jumajo ordered just arrived.😬

IMG_0055.jpeg.79263245537a9c6566176a1b0f945cae.jpeg

And there’s a Fiat tipper coming too which I need to combine with another Fiat I’ve already got here to create two trucks I’ve wanted to build for a while. 
Should keep me busy through winter!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...