The little Automobile Association lorry and trailer

Dinky Lincoln Continental

Dinky Cadillac Eldorado

Corgi Ford Zephyr Mk2 Estate

Dinky Austin 1800 Landcrab 

Dinky Ford D800 Tipper

Corgi Citroen SM

Spot-On Rover P5

Does the Spot-on Ford Zodiac Mk2 have the battery holder?

Christ!! That took some uploading😆

Ill probably get in trouble now from the mods for all those pics! Worth it though. 

Still not sure what I’m keeping and what can go, but there are some beauties here. There are some duplicates and projects I might well move on, others I’ll need to think about!  
And, in the next few weeks I’m getting a big collection I’ve had since I was a kid out of the loft (it’s not seen daylight for at least 20 odd years!) and I’ll go through all that too, which probably will need thinning out.

2 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

If that’s the one where you press the top and the two blokes pop out the side then put my name on it. My best mate from 30 years ago had one and I was very impressed. Played with it till it fell in the pond. Never saw it again! 

517B7835-24DB-4039-AC7A-F4E2677EAFA7.png

I was watching a guy restoring one on YouTube, which taught me two things - mine has the spotlights broken off

2022-12-31_06-47-31.thumb.jpg.129925f094c5d6f80680339bbc2cdd4f.jpg

and that there's a beige version that's pretty rare

image.png.88be03b74cf2d8c0d03b8ddd64d79dc9.png

15 minutes ago, flat4alfa said:

Further interest in the :

Standard Vanguard with red roof

AMC Pacer X

Corgi Ford car transporter, the red cab one

The little Automobile Association lorry and trailer

Dinky Lincoln Continental

Dinky Cadillac Eldorado

Corgi Ford Zephyr Mk2 Estate

Dinky Austin 1800 Landcrab 

Dinky Ford D800 Tipper

Corgi Citroen SM

Spot-On Rover P5

Does the Spot-on Ford Zodiac Mk2 have the battery holder?

Noted! I’m not sure yet though what I’m doing with it all so bare with me…

Im not sure about the battery holder tbh, I did look at it earlier but I can’t remember now😄

22 minutes ago, sierraman said:

The Matchbox Charger is quite rare, I reckon you’d be talking easily £15-20 for a good one without the box.

I’ve never seen one like the blue one. I’ve seen the later ones with the jacked up arse end and hot rod engine. How long did they make these blue standard ones?

17 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

I was watching a guy restoring one on YouTube, which taught me two things - mine has the spotlights broken off

2022-12-31_06-47-31.thumb.jpg.129925f094c5d6f80680339bbc2cdd4f.jpg

and that there's a beige version that's pretty rare

image.png.88be03b74cf2d8c0d03b8ddd64d79dc9.png

Bingo! I knew it was a “man from Uncle” jobbie but I wasn’t 100% certain! 

13 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

I’ve never seen one like the blue one. I’ve seen the later ones with the jacked up arse end and hot rod engine. How long did they make these blue standard ones?

Dunno but I've found a couple

2022-12-31_07-10-07.thumb.jpg.eba0e2da39017c07fe3c036ff8ab8342.jpg2022-12-31_07-10-15.thumb.jpg.865a861abe039b8dc1bd487c44814886.jpg

And the pink dragster 

2022-12-31_07-11-12.thumb.jpg.03551199345502f1535bbf6d97f4dd66.jpg

Wish I could get the orange Bender version though

image.thumb.png.43c965d0f9d329a8d0b484a29c747b3f.png

Wow.

Hold fire here @danthecapriman.

Many of those in the first pictures are worth quite a lot of money. Some that have the boxes could be worth in excess of £100, probably more.

Ebay prices are just fantasy but I would recommend searching each one individually. Select 'filter',  scroll down and hit the 'sold items' slider . This will give a more realistic idea of what some of them are worth. It's a bit of effort but for the money you'll get for them it will be well worth it.

No joke but there's probably nearly a grands worth of stuff there if you put in the effort and could net you some serious 1/1 scale shite fixing coin.

I'd be interested in the really old Dinky items with no tyres (Austin Somerset and Rover P4) as they're easy to restore as my dads collection is not generally old enough to cover this early 1950s period.

16 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I bought this one to mod but someone has actually made a really good job with the green paint so I’m reluctant to change it. It was only 50p like!

image.jpg

That one's the Mercury Cougar. More common, and I mix them up all the time too!

2022-12-31_07-11-36.jpg

2022-12-31_07-11-20.jpg

I also got this for christmas - 20221231_191459.thumb.jpg.b3e340bceea9f669aca9175dbafcd4ee.jpg

I never had this when I was small because I wasn't that fussed as it didn't look like an esprit. My parents probably couldn't have afforded it anyway although I had ( and still have ) the juniors model.

There are some videos on youtube of these being restored - it's an eye opener seeing the inner workings exposed.

21 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Wow.

Many of those in the first pictures are worth quite a lot of money. Some that have the boxes could be worth in excess of £100, probably more.

Ebay prices are just fantasy but I would recommend searching each one individually. Select 'filter',  scroll down and hit the 'sold items' slider . This will give a more realistic idea of what some of them are worth. It's a bit of effort but for the money you'll get for them it will be well worth it.

No joke but there's probably nearly a grands worth of stuff there if you put in the effort and could net you some serious 1/1 scale shite fixing coin.

I'd be interested in the really old Dinky items with no tyres (Austin Somerset and Rover P4) as they're easy to restore as my dads collection is not generally old enough to cover this early 1950s period.

This ^ 

28 minutes ago, AndyW201 said:

Oof! What a haul.

Always liked the Corgi MK3 Cortina GXL, that one looks nice and clean, and the Marina, two of my favourites from that era. I've seen the Marinas painted and detailed, with wheels from a Vanguards one fitted, and they certainly don't look their age done like that.

There’s actually two of the Cortina GXL’s above. Both are that copper colour, but ones an early one with the original front end and jewel headlights. The second is the later version with late front end/no jewel headlights.  
I didn’t realise there were two types until I saw these!

23 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Wow.

No joke but there's probably nearly a grands worth of stuff there if you put in the effort and could net you some serious 1/1 shite fixing coin.

I need to rein in buying diecast and I have told myself that if anything I need to thin things out in 2023. So, obviously the first thing I did was search for Dinky Pontiac Parisienne on ebay.  Mint examples like yours certainly seem a bit special. 

Screenshot_20221231_192259_eBay.thumb.jpg.e5ff426a49431b4391193fcf24275e87.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I need to rein in buying diecast and I have told myself that if anything I need to thin things out in 2023. So, obviously the first thing I did was search for Dinky Pontiac Parisienne on ebay.  Mint examples like yours certainly seem a bit special. 

Screenshot_20221231_192259_eBay.thumb.jpg.e5ff426a49431b4391193fcf24275e87.jpg

Oooff! Never seen a red one. That Pontiac is an absolute belter though, really nice model. Great shape and look about them. It’s heavy too, feels a real quality product.  
Obviously I would highly recommend you get yourself one!