Shitefest 2012 - 14th July - PARTY TIME!

Betaboy2.0

After checking the weather forecast early this morning I decided to stay at home as it looked a bit grim.

I've got a feeling I've made the wrong decision now as the weather here in Leicester has been ok/dry today. How has it been down in Wiltshire? Pleeeeeeease don't say warm & sunny............

In retrospect, if The Volvo hadn't been violated last night, I would have attended the gathering, regardless of the weather. To quote Alanis Morissette, life has funny a way of sneaking up on you when you think everything's okay and everything's going right... :roll:

You lucky lucky lucky barsterds! As tomorrow is the anniversary of mrs metrobus birth there was no way I would have been able to make it. Got no shite anyway so probably no bad thing (who wants to be around a sad bloke steadily getting pissed and talking about shite buses?)!

Aaaanyway, have a good night and don't forget the pics!

What a grand day... weather kind but not brilliant, a lot of folk there and fascinating to be able to marry names up with faces. Brilliantly organised by Andy, excellent food, copious alcohol, delightful company, a host of shite to ponder over and......... a quiz ! From all of us Andy, a very big thank you. Can`t wait for the next one !

For those of you who missed it, you've dropped a massive bollock. You've missed quite probably the greatest gathering of nuts car folk I have ever attended.

Thanks to Andy and the rest of the crew for arranging and basically getting it all together.

Absolutely brilliant day, the occasional showers were no hindrance at all and a complete grin was had by all.

I can't wait for Shitefest 2013. Put me down as a definate. Next time I'll stay over, gutted I couldn't this time but I would have incurred massive wrath if I had. I'll also try and bring something a bit more suitable than a nearly new Skoda....

Any pictures guys? I would have loved to come but I was working :x plus had nothing really shite to bring. It absolutely hammered it down in Essex all day yesterday, good to hear the weather was a bit better for 'Shitefest'.

For those of you who missed it, you've dropped a massive bollock. You've missed quite probably the greatest gathering of nuts car folk I have ever attended.

Thanks to Andy and the rest of the crew for arranging and basically getting it all together.

Absolutely brilliant day, the occasional showers were no hindrance at all and a complete grin was had by all.

I can't wait for Shitefest 2013. Put me down as a definate. Next time I'll stay over, gutted I couldn't this time but I would have incurred massive wrath if I had. I'll also try and bring something a bit more suitable than a nearly new Skoda....

+1

Great day out, wish I could 've stayed today, too.

Andy's work in organising and preparing for the event was nothing short of fantastic.

My mate did take a few pics, they'll be posted here once he takes 'em off his camera.

I'm really pissed off that I listened to Radio 5's weather reports with there flood warnings etc etc. Gutted I didn't come. Really gutted.

I'm quite sad that I chose not to attend, but I really didn't feel right after what happened to The Volvo on Friday night and no doubt wouldn't have been particularly good company on the day as a result.

I got a lot of Volvoish things done this weekend, though, including almost getting The Volvo back to its pre-bump condition, so all's not lost.

What an amazing time. 'Sure echo'd by all. I haven't laughed like that in ages.

Thanks so much Andy for hosting the event of the year for me. Legend!

Just got back. Thanks to Betaboy for his efforts! Was a great weekend made by his organisation and the downright friendliness of shite-lovers. Can't believe the BX won yet another prize (crappest car there - the Hyundai Pony won the Shite-ist car there) nor that our team did so well in the quiz. Calling ourselves The Superior Wankers was apt...

Photos to follow. Now drinking lots of tea. (the tea urn was genius - and well used all weekend!).

What a fantastic weekend! those who didn't go really missed out on something special!.

I'll upload some photos later once i'm sorted and recovered as bit as i'm knackered and not home yet oh the museum visit was brilliant too with a great selection of crod plus the bonus of a Armstrong Siddney car show in the car park.

Roll on 2013!

What a brilliant weekend, great location, great host, brilliant food + drinks and an impressive quiz with some brilliant trophies.

I hope it's going to happen next year.

T'was sublime, all those lovely cars and really friendly, down to earth people. And another big thanks to Andy Betaboy for organising it, you did a grand job :D

Only problem is I want a Hyundai Pony 'Tropicana' now!

What an absolutely SUPERB weekend! Great to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Now I know the answer to the question 'What happens when a group of Britain's saddest car nerds get paralytically drunk in a field?' (answer: they talk about cars more loudly than usual)

Andy, you're a total gent for having us, thanks x32 million for being so generous with your time, space, cooking skills and Lancias.

Phew!! I'm home! What a laugh, sooo funny and fantastic to meet everyone. Andy and crew did us proud, can't thank them enough. I want a Beta berlina even more now!! :D

Just worked out that the Toyota has used about 60 quid's worth of petrol which appears to be quite a bit over 50mpg so I'm well chuffed with that.

Just a quick post from my phone, the representatives from Autoshite Scotland have now arrived safely back in a beautifully sunny Glasgow. Volvo covered 840 trouble free miles at an average of 32.5mpg - most impressive for a 740 auto with 3 fat bastards and camping gear on board! Top weekend guys, nice to meet new faces and catch up with old ones. Special thanks to Andy for his hospitality, great food and Lancias!

I'm retiring to the pub now, so photos tomorrow!

Next year? I hope so!

Andy

Good effort Andy!

First MEGA thanks to another Andy (BB2.0) for all his efforts.

Right, I'm back too, arrived home just after 8pm, with ears ringing. The Shitroen Plug-in Hybrid did not run out of electricity on the journey, perhaps due to me nursing a small battery wireless in my crotch all the way home, instead of cranking up the car radio. The beast is needed in the morning for work, so I'm treating it to some love with the Battery Charger of Destiny.

Happy days. Shame on those who whimped out. Must try harder. We could have told you that you'd be sorry. IT WERE PROPER BO, I TELL THEE.

Properly gutted to have missed this looks like the perfect weekend, though saying that if I'd been happily wandering round a car museum 200 miles away when the BX expired, my bollocks would probably be seperate from my body by now :roll:

Just a quick post from my phone, the representatives from Autoshite Scotland have now arrived safely back in a beautifully sunny Glasgow. Volvo covered 840 trouble free miles at an average of 32.5mpg - most impressive for a 740 auto with 3 fat bastards and camping gear on board!

That's very good, I just about managed that MPG unladen in my old 740 so you've done well there Andy :) I think I was getting about 35mpg in the 25, but seeing as the gauge is a bit random that's just an estimate.

My Renault 21 Monaco with the same engine could do 35mpg pretty easily. Volvo economy is impressive but not impossible. My old 740 was so low revving at motorway speeds.

Anyway, I need to offer up some thanks:

Andy: For making this happen.

Cyanide-Steve: For bringing a parcel shelf for me all the way from deepest Kent.

RobT: For buying my random sat nav and giving me some random BX clutch bits.

SambaS: For letting me have a drive in the FSO Polonez of win. I'll do a write up of that at some point (probably).