Bus Shite

Felly Magic

Should be bloody easy with some thick grade plasticard!

Change of topic, does anyone know if Lothian still have a small fleet of Olympians left.

I photographed this one in 2010

050-5.jpg

And the info in the window said:

051-5.jpg

If what I hear is true (?) ans step-entrance buses will be outlawed by 2015 then I want to see them in service before they go.

"

"East Lancs Maxci", basically a copy of an early Scania N113CLL design:

250px-Travel_Dundee_Scania_East_Lancs_MaxCi.jpg

First Leeds has one but otherwise they're dead rare.

That's really weird. As a Brummie lad, I'm very used to that paint scheme (if not that horrific bodywork). Why on earth is it on a Dundee bus? I can only presume it's because National Express owns both bus companies - but it even has the WM (West Midlands) logo!

Change of topic, does anyone know if Lothian still have a small fleet of Olympians left.

050-5.jpg

I think you've missed the boat - they went a year or two back. Might still be one on the Forth Bridges Tour!

I drove 285 a number of times between 2003 and 2005 - cracking machine.

Och well :(

These are pretty much the cut off point for my interest in double deckers.

Will have to make do with the scruffy First ones that are still left. There is one slightly interesting one kicking around the Capital which is r141ehs. This is an ex Glasgow one which was sent around depots to demonstrate the then new standard First Bus interior in 1997. It's was still in the pre Barbie red at the time.

There were two green G plated double deckers on the M1 near Mansfield this morning. Both had twin rear axles. Don't think I've ever seen one before. No idea what they were :roll:

Probably Dennis Dragons/Condors. Basically 6-wheel Dominators with Duple Metsec bodies (re) imported from Hong Kong.

That Tree Cutter is an ex-Manchester Atlantean. Nice to see it still in use.

That tree cutter is win!

3394955234_47ae8667b2.jpg

Yeah, Stagecoach imported loads of the old HK ones for Magic Bus in Manchester and the original Megabus when it was a but more underground and truly no frills. Thought they'd scrapped them all though now, but apparently not. There's also a few private Olympian 6x2 coaches knocking about afaik.

The Magicbus ones in Manchester are actually ex Stagecoach Kenya; we've got M699 TDB up here now which I drive occasionally and another local mob's just bought one as well, possibly M684 TDB, can't quite remember.

699 as it looks now, ish; we can't leave things without badges and additional painted bits...

6244012000_be4d99c62a_b.jpg

And with my 65-year old boss using it as a tower wagon...

6623958901_2176e3ff6e_z.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger bus... by cms206, on Flickr

050-5.jpg

I think you've missed the boat - they went a year or two back. Might still be one on the Forth Bridges Tour!

I drove 285 a number of times between 2003 and 2005 - cracking machine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lo ... d_vehicles

Says here that this particular one has been retained by LB for preservation :):)

Whole lot of bus shite on t'Bay at the mo; all from one place, so someone must be having a clearout. Check these...

$(KGrHqVHJE!E88YlI4ZPBPT56qiRm!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPT3-LCWCw~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!rkE88hC+bCGBPT3r!iBog~~60_12.JPG

Seller's list is here, you'll have to wade thro masses of shit to find the buses and trucks, but there's some gold plated shite in there. I narrowed it down to those three...

• 4 weeks later...

Still pretty new but I think this beast is well on its way to being shite - it's a TVM Vive built in Slovenia. Everything about its styling just looks so wrong.

6930403216_279593e3d9_z.jpg

And kids these days don't know how lucky they are. Back in the 70s this was one of the better school bus efforts, a Scunthorpe Motors-bodied Bedford VAS apparently. Side-facing wooden slatted seats FTW!

6931504378_cd8e4b7d01_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

look at this crock of shite:

7129637389_5b66c2264e_z.jpg

A scratch-builder's delight. by Renown, on Flickr

Not sure if this one had Quest's infamous u-drive system - IIRC the engine was mounted on one side, driving a longitudinal shaft via a chain and at the other end of the shaft another chain drove the gearbox. By all accounts it was even more useless than it sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
That tree cutter is win!

3394955234_47ae8667b2.jpg

Yeah, Stagecoach imported loads of the old HK ones for Magic Bus in Manchester and the original Megabus when it was a but more underground and truly no frills. Thought they'd scrapped them all though now, but apparently not. There's also a few private Olympian 6x2 coaches knocking about afaik.

The Magicbus ones in Manchester are actually ex Stagecoach Kenya; we've got M699 TDB up here now which I drive occasionally and another local mob's just bought one as well, possibly M684 TDB, can't quite remember.

699 as it looks now, ish; we can't leave things without badges and additional painted bits...

6244012000_be4d99c62a_b.jpg

And with my 65-year old boss using it as a tower wagon...

6623958901_2176e3ff6e_z.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger bus... by cms206, on Flickr

A local bus operator to me is running M696 TDB on school contract work.

• 2 weeks later...