Pistonheads - Shed of the Week

kevin 900

lol!

DW' join the club....

My Sherpa was the Christmas special SOTW

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=162&i=21258

funnily enough at the £500 he was looking for it was a complete bargain - apart from one or two electrical gremlins when it is geeshing with rain it has turned into a superb old bus. The boy and I popped up to Glenrothes this morning to recover our property from the GTi - we took the van - 70 miles in the pissing rain - only issue is the front offside indicator is shorting

A few top quality replies along the lines of "I don't like it, therefore it's shit". As one poster says, mostly from people who've never been in one, never mind owned one.

Way to open your minds, lads :roll:

You're talking about people who religiously watch Top Gear and their favourite car is the latest Ferrari/Porsche. You think that's harsh, you should see the shite they came out with when they had a Skoda Estelle up.

A few top quality replies along the lines of "I don't like it, therefore it's shit". As one poster says, mostly from people who've never been in one, never mind owned one.

You're talking about people who religiously watch Top Gear and their favourite car is the latest Ferrari/Porsche. You think that's harsh, you should see the shite they came out with when they had a Skoda Estelle up.

I believe 'dickheads' was the word you were looking for Young Man.

I would have said at least half the people commenting about on the CX on Piston Heads liked it. Maybe I'm a just glass half full kinda guy!! :)

I can see lots of positive comments as well. Not sure why it's customary to bash Pistonheads on here every time there's a link to SOTW; there are always plenty of people defending them

I actually don't mind Pistonheads tbh. Theres some right old bollocks spouted of course in some parts of the forums but there are also some VERY knowledgeable people on there, especially if you get onto the non motoring stuff. It can be very interesting. The main editorial stuff - no the forums - are generally very good and quite varied.

Whilst I was still an employee - ie when someone else paid me I was spending most of my 'working' day split between here, RR and Pistonheads.

My Royale was their SOTW a couple of weeks back, and I was quite pleased with the reception it got, even if half the discussion afterwards centred around what it was and its exact place in the Vauxhall/Opel model range.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22572

Didn't generate one single genuine enquiry though! :lol:

BADGE OF HONOUR! Have been wafting around in the beast today actually - got the nod about it from someone on RR when I was parked up in town. Makes me feel better about declining £500 from some Euro-hero who will reject the car if there's any rust on it. I said solid, not pristine!

Aha ... me! :D

I can see lots of positive comments as well. Not sure why it's customary to bash Pistonheads on here

Far from it. I'm just bashing the ill-informed but loud mouthed mongs who shout there opinions like it's fact. I'll make fun of them wherever they are :D

Agreed there are some knowledgeable people on there but they have more than their fair share of cretins.

Far from it. I'm just bashing the ill-informed but loud mouthed mongs who shout there opinions like it's fact. I'll make fun of them wherever they are :D

Agreed there are some knowledgeable people on there but they have more than their fair share of cretins.

So true. Pistonheads is a very big forum, so I guess it is inevitable that the quality of posts will vary. I sometimes wonder if some of the very rabid one make fans are school kids though, by some of their comments.

I only very rarely stray into the "Pie and Piston", but many of the comments in the politics and economics section shock me. I have seen more wisdom, reason and insight on Fox news.

Guest EccentricRichard

I watch TG religiously. I also believe (like at least Clarkson and May) that the CX is a wonderful car...

Guest EccentricRichard
I watch TG religiously.

We would never have guessed.

You might have noticed, if you watched it, that the TG boys are all bona fide Shiters...

Guest EccentricRichard
I don't think I like that paint scheme.

Me neither. It's a bit too Max Power. Not the worst I've ever seen, but not exactly tasteful.